Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options
1293031323335»

Replies

• LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

Did she detail how she managed to fit in a rigorous work out regimen with a full-time job, running a household,commuting to and from work? I think most new moms would love to be able to take a selfie within the first year, let alone the first 4 days....so how did she do it?

Er, she is a blogger and married to a premier soccer player.

I daresay she doesn't have to do much commuting, or even a full time job. Unless you call being a WAG a full time job.

Way to depreciate her -- she's apparently the leading blogger in Norway, a journalist, ran part of a book publishing company, is a model, wrote a book.

Hard work. Some people do and others make excuses.

I agree. No, I did not look like that 4 days post partum (nor do I now)...BUT I could have taken better care of myself before, during and after pregnancy. I still probably would not have looked this good but I acknowlege that I could have looked better. I am making up for it now though and working my a** off.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

Did she detail how she managed to fit in a rigorous work out regimen with a full-time job, running a household,commuting to and from work? I think most new moms would love to be able to take a selfie within the first year, let alone the first 4 days....so how did she do it?

I daresay she doesn't have to do much commuting, or even a full time job. Unless you call being a WAG a full time job.

Right because all housewives look like that.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

But what percentage care to, or even attempt to? No one HAS to look like her but people shouldn't complain if they don't at least put some effort in.

Edited to make my point more clear.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Way to depreciate her -- she's apparently the leading blogger in Norway, a journalist, ran part of a book publishing company, is a model, wrote a book.

Argh. One of those women who are seemingly wrapped in rainbows and sunshine. The worst part is, I know I'd love her if I met her, so I'd just feel totally outclassed.

Does she even get zits?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Who the hell is a professional blogger?

I wanna do dat.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    You all have been talking about this chick for days and there's still only one picture of her in her undies.

I am so disappoint.
  • servilia
    Options

But what percentage care to, or even attempt to? No one HAS to look like her but people shouldn't complain if they don't at least put some effort in.

Edited to make my point more clear.

I agree with you. I guess my point was that even when people have a lot of free time, most don't put the effort in. So the argument that oh well she doesn't deal with commutes etc doesn't really hold water. People just like to minimize other people's successes to make themselves feel better.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I think it is great if you can do this, but what I'd love to see: A regular woman, with a regular job, and a regular life great even a few months post delivery. That would be information many women could use..

This is off point, but I'm always annoyed by those celeb moms who talk about the stress of "balancing" family and work when they have a house full to nannies, nutritionists, gardeners, housekeepers. Give me the mom who balances family and work without a team.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think it is great if you can do this, but what I'd love to see: A regular woman, with a regular job, and a regular life who looks great and does it leading a regular life who looks great after giving birth.

This is off point, but I'm always annoyed by those celeb moms who talk about the stress of "balancing" family and work when they have a house full to nannies, nutritionists, gardeners, housekeepers. Give me the mom who balances family and work without a team.

And then single moms will be annoyed by their flaunting their oh-so-stressful life w/ their employed husbands...

...and then unemployed single moms will be annoyed by the employed single moms.

Instead, I think I'll stick to the current system of people just being proud of themselves regardless what adversities they have or haven't endured. It makes more sense than drawing an arbitrary line.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think it is great if you can do this, but what I'd love to see: A regular woman, with a regular job, and a regular life who looks great and does it leading a regular life who looks great after giving birth.

And then single moms will be annoyed by their flaunting their oh-so-stressful life w/ their employed husbands...

...and then unemployed single moms will be annoyed by the employed single moms.

Instead, I think I'll stick to the current system of people just being proud of themselves regardless what adversities they have or haven't endured. It makes more sense than drawing an arbitrary line.

tumblr_mjsmden4iS1qcp179o1_500_zps110a8fc9.gif
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Then, let's have those moms...single, married, divorced, whatever...tell us about how they achieved or maintained their fitness.

There are lines, and there are boundaries. The boundaries are wide enough to include women like this blogger, and women who have regular lives. I'd love to see more of those regular women posting their stories.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    So you're saying that there's a dearth of "regular" women telling their stories?

Yeeeeeeaaaah....
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Then, let's have those moms...single, married, divorced, whatever...tell us about how they achieved or maintained their fitness.

There are lines, and there are boundaries. The boundaries are wide enough to include women like this blogger, and women who have regular lives. I'd love to see more of those regular women posting their stories.
    Why no look in the success stories section of this very board? Many fit mothers in there.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Meh! Woman is thin/fit/average/overweight/obese. Has child & looks the same after having said child... Omg! stop the press :yawn:
  • purplepink1992
    Options
    This women is a fitness blogger. It is her 'job' to stay fit (so to speak). So still being fit 3 day PP I wouldn't say is a shocker to me. If my body was this rockin 3 days later I would do the same. Just because you become a mom, or JUST had a baby doesn't mean you can't do your hair&makeup, and want to feel even better about yourself. The confidence on her face gets me more than the flat stomach. Anyone of any size can have that confidence. Motherhood shouldn't be a competition.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i didn't read the million of other posts, but i spent enough time in maternity, L and D, nursery and the NICU and one fact you cant' really dispute is that the uterus takes time to go back down behind the pelvis. at 4 days it might be half way there, but it's still UP. UNLESS her abs are sewn together and physically cannot separate during pregnancy. then you might not see any bulge from the uterus still up in her abdomen..........

4weeks, this is possible. 4months definitely, but 4 days. she'd have to have a very special uterus :-)

Immediately postpartum, the uterine fundus is palpable at or near the level of the maternal umbilicus. Thereafter, most of the reduction in size and weight occurs in the first 2 weeks, at which time the uterus has shrunk enough to return to the true pelvis. Over the next several weeks, the uterus slowly returns to its nonpregnant state, although the overall uterine size remains larger than prior to gestation.

just speaking from a medical stand point :-)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    i didn't read the million of other posts, but i spent enough time in maternity, L and D, nursery and the NICU and one fact you cant' really dispute is that the uterus takes time to go back down behind the pelvis. at 4 days it might be half way there, but it's still UP. UNLESS her abs are sewn together and physically cannot separate during pregnancy. then you might not see any bulge from the uterus still up in her abdomen..........

4weeks, this is possible. 4months definitely, but 4 days. she'd have to have a very special uterus :-)

Immediately postpartum, the uterine fundus is palpable at or near the level of the maternal umbilicus. Thereafter, most of the reduction in size and weight occurs in the first 2 weeks, at which time the uterus has shrunk enough to return to the true pelvis. Over the next several weeks, the uterus slowly returns to its nonpregnant state, although the overall uterine size remains larger than prior to gestation.

That's what I was thinking. I thought it was reasonable, but people got surprisingly upset by the questions. Ok, I found the instagram. So far it's not laid out in a way that is giving me a clear picture of the whole situation, but I'll look through it for a little bit.

When I was pregnant the second time, I went onto bed rest at around 32 weeks (after being ambulanced to the hospital and staying there for 4 days). I didn't see my friends from that point on, until a few weeks after the baby was born (at home). Life is like that sometimes. Birth is a private event. So, I was not accusing anyone of a conspiracy. It was all within what is reasonable to my understanding. Most people have no clue how far along you are or what is going on with your pregnancy and birth. And they aren't there at the exact moment you take personal photos. But, I guess there are photo dates and all that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's good that she and her baby are healthy. But, I don't think people should make this their goal because it's not going to be healthy for all babies (looking at her pregnancy photos). You don't need to be that slender to bounce back from pregnancy. There is nothing wrong with having a little bit of fat that you use during breastfeeding anyway. We express concern for young women, and I think it is reasonable to also express concern for young pregnant women as well. The baby will mostly (hopefully) be able to draw what it needs from the mother's body, even drawing calcium from her bones, but the mother can experience the health consequences later.
  • servilia
    Options

Take a look at her 9 month pregnancy pictures. Most other women have a bump that size at 3-4 months. Obviously it possible. Not common at all, but possible.