Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Why is what we said going to make you postpone pregnancy? Just curious. :smile:

Days of torrential vaginal bleeding, shifting stomach muscles ...:sad:

The possibility that you'll be so swollen in your nethers that you won't be able to pee so three nurses will spend the next hour trying to find the urethral opening only to call in the most experienced nurse to do it who will tell you, as you're weeping tears in agony, that in cases with as much swelling as this the best thing to do is watch the patient's face for signs of the greatest pain in order to get that tube reinserted.

Note: I didn't cry when a nail went clean through my foot but I cried when it felt like the were using scalpels down there.

Is that what you were looking for?

2nd note: I still only have the one...

Day...um.

I'm a guy, but I'm going to schedule an exploratory hysterectomy...

...just to be safe.

:indifferent:
    Gahaha, yeah its not fun, and don't believe anyone who says they forget the pain :P but it is what it is, I am just glad I'm finished having kids, was so terrified for my second!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When it was time to push for the second baby, I said I didn't want to do it. I was just like: Nope, I don't want to do it this time. But, I did.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    When it was time to push for the second baby, I said I didn't want to do it. I was just like: Nope, I don't want to do it this time. But, I did.
    LOL I tried that to but she was cutting off her own oxygen supply so I had to (hadn't made it to the hospital so no other option but to force her out as quick as possible) . Stuck shoulders to :-/ I remember wishing my hips would just pop out to take the pressure off everything that felt like it was shattering. And that was my good birth. I need to stop talking about this now lol

You know I read a study the other year about how womens need to talk to anyone who will listen about their birth is actually related to PTSD, similar to veterans and their war stories
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    LOL I tried that to but she was cutting off her own oxygen supply so I had to (hadn't made it to the hospital so no other option but to force her out as quick as possible) . Stuck shoulders to :-/ I remember wishing my hips would just pop out to take the pressure off everything that felt like it was shattering. And that was my good birth. I need to stop talking about this now lol

You know I read a study the other year about how womens need to talk to anyone who will listen about their birth is actually related to PTSD, similar to veterans and their war stories

I'm sorry it was traumatic for you. And it's true, some people can get PTSD from it and talking does help! I had PTSD from my childhood.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bringing Maria Kang into this (had to hit the link - the name meant nothing - 10 bonus points for me). Now I can hate both of them. And not for looking great but for being really stupid. Seriously, she put on lingerie, took a picture of herself, and then posted it saying "boo hoo, I feel so empty" No *kitten* Sherlock, but it ain't your belly that is empty...

There, I feel intellectually superior. Take it where you can get it.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Let's just make sure we get Part 2 off on the right track.

We're all in agreement here that BinaryPulsar is big mean, meanie, mcmeanerstien, right? That was the entire point of Part 1, no? I mean, she couldn't even go back and look at 2 years worth of some total stranger's instagram posts!!!

#$@%!! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BE THE VILLAIN IN THIS THREAD???

There is nothing potentially offensive that BP said that I didn't say first!

*sigh*

[ForeverNiceGuy.gif]
    Gender reassignment?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Why is what we said going to make you postpone pregnancy? Just curious. :smile:

Days of torrential vaginal bleeding, shifting stomach muscles ...:sad:

The possibility that you'll be so swollen in your nethers that you won't be able to pee so three nurses will spend the next hour trying to find the urethral opening only to call in the most experienced nurse to do it who will tell you, as you're weeping tears in agony, that in cases with as much swelling as this the best thing to do is watch the patient's face for signs of the greatest pain in order to get that tube reinserted.

Note: I didn't cry when a nail went clean through my foot but I cried when it felt like the were using scalpels down there.

Is that what you were looking for?

2nd note: I still only have the one...

geesuscrist woman.
    I'll give you my mother's number and you can deal with her crying when you tell her she'll never have grandkids.

Sorry. I don't think that happens too often.

It did suck though. My husband was standing next to me holding our son in one arm while holding my hand. He said he'd never seen me like that and he was there when I'd just given birth a couple hours before. But like I said, I think it's not too common.

Edit: this thread is not about population control through the telling of gruesome pregnancy stories

I have better roto rooter stories down there but no uterus. Let's just say that the drilling of the tunnel under the English Channel? The bore driver had practice.

But, and just of add to the joy - also know the the issues with tube insertion often remain for the life of the patient - if you are ever hospitalized you need to tell them about past experience.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    36 weeks?

254075804dd611e39c4c125921b75990_8.jpg

What I am actually jealous about in this pic is how perfect her nursery is. I have sooooo much remodeling to finish in the next three months.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    36 weeks?

What I am actually jealous about in this pic is how perfect her nursery is. I have sooooo much remodeling to finish in the next three months.

And did you see her closet? Walk in. Huge. Jealous.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    Well there was some confusion about intentions in the thread, but in case I didn't say it I am actually generally of the opinion that I like when fit moms show their pics because it helps to break down the stereotypes people have about motherhood. I don't mean this as a societal thing (that became an issue in the past thread as well), I just mean from my own personal reasons.

^^^This is exactly why I like seeing these kinds of pics from fit moms. I was told all my life that I could never ever under any circumstances have a decent body after having babies, ever again. This is the story society likes to continually tell, especially to thin people who didn't starve themselves to get that way. That when "you lose that good metabolism/when you get old/when you have babies... you will never be thin again!"

It's nice to see at least a few arguments against that bullsh!t.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    I am waiting for someone to call her ugly.
    Did anyone call her ugly yet?

That's in the comments under the original article posted.

ETA: Okay, I'm all caught up now.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    36 weeks?

It isn't just her nursery that is perfect.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    36 weeks?

Honestly, I wasn't much larger when I pushed out my daughter. I mean, my frame was bigger than this woman, but all things considered about the same. I looked 4-5 month pregnant at 39 weeks. It happens.

I would just like to comment on the adorableness of her cup and pants. Adorable.
  • rosemary98
    Options
    three.gif

is this a fargo reference?
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    36 weeks?

Honestly, I wasn't much larger when I pushed out my daughter. I mean, my frame was bigger than this woman, but all things considered about the same. I looked 4-5 month pregnant at 39 weeks. It happens.

I would just like to comment on the adorableness of her cup and pants. Adorable.

Well not me. I am very petite. I was a big belly, with arms and legs. People would say, "you are just all belly aren't you?"
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Does she have Type 2 diabetes? I'm confused.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    36 weeks?

I'll be 36 weeks next week and we dont even have a nursery! We finally got the guest bed moved into place, but there is nothing else. I just have a cosleeper.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    36 weeks?

I'll be 36 weeks next week and we dont even have a nursery! We finally got the guest bed moved into place, but there is nothing else. I just have a cosleeper.

You'll be fine.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    36 weeks?

You'll be fine.

I agree!!

...and Congrats!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

You know I read a study the other year about how women's need to talk to anyone who will listen about their birth is actually related to PTSD, similar to veterans and their war stories

It's an intense experience, so I wouldn't be surprised if the psychological reaction is similar to PSTD.