Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, most mothers who gain a lot of weight gain it without actually needing to. You don't have to eat that many extra calories to "maintain" your lean body mass + provide for baby. Even if you gain 10 pounds of fat, after a few months, you can be back to where you were.

What isn't mentioned is that these moms are educated and aware about their body and health BEFORE and AFTER the baby.

Because low body fat = healthy + smart + self-disciplined
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My BF was so low my ob recommended that I gain BF to conceive.

You can have BF which is too low.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

I was 39 and an avid runner when I got pregnant. I kept running for awhile, but it just didn't 'feel' right. My cardio was suffering and my belly was uncomfortable. I took a very happy hiatus from all activity except working full time and eating lots of bowls of cereal. :laugh: I just felt so fortunate that I was able to get naturally pregnant at that age, and I felt absolutely no need to do ANYthing except enjoy the process of getting BIG. Heheh. The weight was all gone by the time she was a year old anyway, just from the breast feeding. I started having to drink Ensure to keep my weight up. I am only just getting back to running 9 years later. :blushing:

TL;DR - it takes some women NINE YEARS to recover from pregnancy to the point that they can resume running.

(:drinker:)

ETA: Caroline ran a marathon immediately after this picture was taken.

OK, now I hate her.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I love you guys!!! :love:
    from what I hear you are mean, I need to rethink this friendship!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    More whining.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    In for what will inevitably cause me to put off getting pregnant another year or four.

And also to call BinaryPulsar a big mean bully :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why is what we said going to make you postpone pregnancy? Just curious. :smile:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Days of torrential vaginal bleeding, shifting stomach muscles ...:sad:
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    More whining.

Where?
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Oh yeah. Well, it's been 9 years, so I sorta forgot all about that stuff...:ohwell:
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Holy crap - I'm having enough trouble getting that body and i've never had a baby! I can't imagine having it post baby. :sad:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Yep, and that was just the beginning.

But my response was tongue in cheek, in case it wasn't clear.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    More winning.

FIFY

(Part 2 is different than part 1...

...but honestly, most of the whining in part 1 was, I think, about other posters based on an assumption that the other posters were whining.)
  • RenegadeAlice
    RenegadeAlice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late to the party, but damn, kudos to her looking like that 4 days postpartum. I'm glad she had the self-confidence to take a picture and post something like that that soon after giving birth.

My first reaction was that there is no way she can look like that that soon after birthing. Then I realized I was still in the hospital 4 days after giving birth and binging on pudding cups. I have no reason to complain.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Who are WIC?

Oh, I just realized no one answered this. It's Women, Infants, Children. http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/women-infants-and-children-wic
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

other than that, you're good....
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Who are WIC?

Oh, I just realized no one answered this. It's Women, Infants, Children. http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/women-infants-and-children-wic
    Oh ok thanks
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

The possibility that you'll be so swollen in your nethers that you won't be able to pee so three nurses will spend the next hour trying to find the urethral opening only to call in the most experienced nurse to do it who will tell you, as you're weeping tears in agony, that in cases with as much swelling as this the best thing to do is watch the patient's face for signs of the greatest pain in order to get that tube reinserted.

Note: I didn't cry when a nail went clean through my foot but I cried when it felt like the were using scalpels down there.

Is that what you were looking for?

2nd note: I still only have the one...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Yep, and that was just the beginning.

But my response was tongue in cheek, in case it wasn't clear.

Oops... Not clear to my cold (temp from doing outdoor lights) addled brain.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

The possibility that you'll be so swollen in your nethers that you won't be able to pee so three nurses will spend the next hour trying to find the urethral opening only to call in the most experienced nurse to do it who will tell you, as you're weeping tears in agony, that in cases with as much swelling as this the best thing to do is watch the patient's face for signs of the greatest pain in order to get that tube reinserted.

Note: I didn't cry when a nail went clean through my foot but I cried when it felt like the were using scalpels down there.

geesuscrist woman.
    I'll give you my mother's number and you can deal with her crying when you tell her she'll never have grandkids.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Day...um.

I'm a guy, but I'm going to schedule an exploratory hysterectomy...

...just to be safe.

:indifferent: