Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    three.gif
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Post-18906-ferris-bueller-go-home-gif-fvin.gif

Stolen!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    7f365ea3-f264-4123-bcde-361212bc8e38_instagram-post-delivery.png

In...

...for part 2.

you'd be in for part 3, 4, 5, 6 too......might need a nap after that though....
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Well there was some confusion about intentions in the thread, but in case I didn't say it I am actually generally of the opinion that I like when fit moms show their pics because it helps to break down the stereotypes people have about motherhood. I don't mean this as a societal thing (that became an issue in the past thread as well), I just mean from my own personal reasons.

But, also because people generally show a,lack of understanding about pregnancy I just want to add in that the weight gain of pregnancy is not just for a 5-10 pound baby. There is also enlarged uterus, amniotic fluid, Placenta, Increased blood volume for the mother, breast enlargement, some fat gain (even just 5 pounds) for breastfeeding, and temporary fluid retention. This is just in reference to during the pregnancy (not after).

All I heard was, "Meanmeanmean. Mean, mean. Meanie, mean, mean." ...and so forth.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Well there was some confusion about intentions in the thread, but in case I didn't say it I am actually generally of the opinion that I like when fit moms show their pics because it helps to break down the stereotypes people have about motherhood. I don't mean this as a societal thing (that became an issue in the past thread as well), I just mean from my own personal reasons.

But, also because people generally show a,lack of understanding about pregnancy I just want to add in that the weight gain of pregnancy is not just for a 5-10 pound baby. There is also enlarged uterus, amniotic fluid, Placenta, Increased blood volume for the mother, breast enlargement, some fat gain (even just 5 pounds) for breastfeeding, and temporary fluid retention. This is just in reference to during the pregnancy (not after).

All I heard was, "Meanmeanmean. Mean, mean. Meanie, mean, mean." ...and so forth.

:wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

:wink: :flowerforyou:

:blushing: :smooched:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

And, of course, why on earth would we ever gain an ounce over the bare minimum specified by medical professionals, while our bodies are consuming calories to do the coolest thing they will ever do, when a lot of medical professionals are still using BMI as a measure of fitness?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    To the person saying women shouldn't need to gain more than 10-15lbs here's a breakdown (averages):

At birth, a baby weighs about 3.3kg (7.3lb).
    The placenta, which keeps your baby nourished, weighs 0.7kg (1.5lb).
    The muscle layer of your uterus (womb) grows dramatically and weighs an extra 0.9kg (2lb).
    Your blood volume increases and weighs an extra 1.2kg (2.6lb).
    You have extra fluid in your body weighing about 1.2kg (2.6lb).
    Your breasts weigh an extra 0.4kg (0.9lb).
    You'll store fat, about 4kg (8.8lb), to give you energy for breastfeeding.

http://www.babycenter.ca/a554810/weight-gain-in-pregnancy#ixzz2mSF7EnFD

Averages smaverages. She's not average. I think that's the point.

I'm not talking about her. Of course she's an outlier. I was referring to the poster who stated he/she doesn't see why ANY woman should gain more than 10-15 lbs.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Let's just make sure we get Part 2 off on the right track.

We're all in agreement here that BinaryPulsar is big mean, meanie, mcmeanerstien, right? That was the entire point of Part 1, no? I mean, she couldn't even go back and look at 2 years worth of some total stranger's instagram posts!!!

YOU PEOPLE LEAVE MY BINARYPULSAR ALONE!!!

If you think SHE'S mean... oh just wait til I bust a Mirey on ya!
    GRRRRRRR

^^ said with really mean face ^^
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Yeah don't go hating on BinaryPulsar. She's a star!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    To the person saying women shouldn't need to gain more than 10-15lbs here's a breakdown (averages):

At birth, a baby weighs about 3.3kg (7.3lb).
    The placenta, which keeps your baby nourished, weighs 0.7kg (1.5lb).
    The muscle layer of your uterus (womb) grows dramatically and weighs an extra 0.9kg (2lb).
    Your blood volume increases and weighs an extra 1.2kg (2.6lb).
    You have extra fluid in your body weighing about 1.2kg (2.6lb).
    Your breasts weigh an extra 0.4kg (0.9lb).
    You'll store fat, about 4kg (8.8lb), to give you energy for breastfeeding.

http://www.babycenter.ca/a554810/weight-gain-in-pregnancy#ixzz2mSF7EnFD

Averages smaverages. She's not average. I think that's the point.

I'm not talking about her. Of course she's an outlier. I was referring to the poster who stated he/she doesn't see why ANY woman should gain more than 10-15 lbs.

Can we get back to her and not some random dude that bikes and speaks German?
    Exhibit A - her pictures.

Obviously an obsessive compulsive person that eats too little. model and all that.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

We're all in agreement here that BinaryPulsar is big mean, meanie, mcmeanerstien, right? That was the entire point of Part 1, no? I mean, she couldn't even go back and look at 2 years worth of some total stranger's instagram posts!!!

:laugh:

Congrats on your APATHY!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Yeah don't go hating on BinaryPulsar. She's a star!

Whoosh.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, most mothers who gain a lot of weight gain it without actually needing to. You don't have to eat that many extra calories to "maintain" your lean body mass + provide for baby. Even if you gain 10 pounds of fat, after a few months, you can be back to where you were.

What isn't mentioned is that these moms are educated and aware about their body and health BEFORE and AFTER the baby.

Stuff like this makes me twitch. Most of the weight gain associated with pregnancy is not as fat and is highly unlikely to be gone in 4 days.
    http://www.health-and-parenting.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-goes/
    She looks great and clearly kept fit. In my experience its somewhat rare for a woman with a 4 day old baby to have the spare time, energy, and motivation to get into a bikini and take selfies, but perhaps that goes with the other rare genes she appears to have?
  • heatherloveslifting
    Options
    :tongue: Just twitchy
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, most mothers who gain a lot of weight gain it without actually needing to. You don't have to eat that many extra calories to "maintain" your lean body mass + provide for baby. Even if you gain 10 pounds of fat, after a few months, you can be back to where you were.

What isn't mentioned is that these moms are educated and aware about their body and health BEFORE and AFTER the baby.

Stuff like this makes me twitch. Most of the weight gain associated with pregnancy is not as fat and is highly unlikely to be gone in 4 days.
    She looks great and clearly kept fit. In my experience its somewhat rare for a woman to have the spare time, energy, and motivation for a mom with a 4 day old baby to get into a bikini and take selfies, but perhaps that goes with the other rare genes she appears to have?
    I think we all know that some weight has to be put on while pregnant, and how long it takes to come off is dependent on the person, however many (not all, and not talking about anyone specific) people tend to use it as an excuse to eat whatever they want and then blame the weight gain purely on pregnancy. Disregarding any medical conditions I may know nothing about, 30lb (number I pulled out of thin air obviously, but see people doing this with all kinds of weight gains) of excess weight, after the baby has been born is not baby weight. Similarly, if you are still large a year later, that is not baby weight. And I think a growing acceptance towards these ideas is why something like this photo is so surprising and unbelievable to people, when although 4 days is on the quick side, it is well within the realm of normal, and doesn't mean she didn't have a healthy pregnancy or whatever else.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

#$@%!! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BE THE VILLAIN IN THIS THREAD???

There is nothing potentially offensive that BP said that I didn't say first!

*sigh*

[ForeverNiceGuy.gif]
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    7f365ea3-f264-4123-bcde-361212bc8e38_instagram-post-delivery.png

In...

...for part 2.

you'd be in for part 3, 4, 5, 6 too......might need a nap after that though....

I'm 42...

...so don't expect much out of me after part 2...

...3 at the most.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

#$@%!! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BE THE VILLAIN IN THIS THREAD???

There is nothing potentially offensive that BP said that I didn't say first!

*sigh*

[ForeverNiceGuy.gif]

No uterus, no animus
  • heatherloveslifting
    Options

She looks great and clearly kept fit. In my experience its somewhat rare for a woman to have the spare time, energy, and motivation for a mom with a 4 day old baby to get into a bikini and take selfies, but perhaps that goes with the other rare genes she appears to have?
    I think we all know that some weight has to be put on while pregnant, and how long it takes to come off is dependent on the person, however many (not all, and not talking about anyone specific) people tend to use it as an excuse to eat whatever they want and then blame the weight gain purely on pregnancy. Disregarding any medical conditions I may know nothing about, 30lb (number I pulled out of thin air obviously, but see people doing this with all kinds of weight gains) of excess weight, after the baby has been born is not baby weight. Similarly, if you are still large a year later, that is not baby weight. And I think a growing acceptance towards these ideas is why something like this photo is so surprising and unbelievable to people, when although 4 days is on the quick side, it is well within the realm of normal, and doesn't mean she didn't have a healthy pregnancy or whatever else.

Exactly why I posted the link above. If a woman gains 30 lbs during pregnancy on average about 5 lbs of it will be fat. She will gain most of the weight in uterus, blood supply, breasts, amniotic fluid, baby, placenta, fluid, etc. My understanding is a few weeks is a reasonable time period for most of those to reverse.