Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    When I saw the roll gif, I wanted to offer my friends FB photo as an adjunct for Jof to post after sending it to him via PM. When I realized I could not copy/pasta it as it appears on FB due to the format of FB cover photos I decided to find a similar photo by googling "tasteful mother child photo". Word to the wise DO NOT GOOGLE THAT. unless you wanna start a whole new thread. DO NOT GOOGLE. I repeat DO NOT GOOGLE "tasteful mother child photo". Carry on then...Binary Pulsar what? :noway:

Why is Samuel L Jackson in a bed with a lady the first picture that pops?

I don't get google sometimes? that was weird?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

you didn't see the crowning cupcake?

That was hilarious! :laugh:
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    If I recall correctly, most mothers who gain a lot of weight gain it without actually needing to. You don't have to eat that many extra calories to "maintain" your lean body mass + provide for baby. Even if you gain 10 pounds of fat, after a few months, you can be back to where you were.

What isn't mentioned is that these moms are educated and aware about their body and health BEFORE and AFTER the baby.

So what are you saying? That the whole "But.. .. but.. . I'm eating for TWO!" is debunk?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I had to google it after hearing about this.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    When I saw the roll gif, I wanted to offer my friends FB photo as an adjunct for Jof to post after sending it to him via PM. When I realized I could not copy/pasta it as it appears on FB due to the format of FB cover photos I decided to find a similar photo by googling "tasteful mother child photo". Word to the wise DO NOT GOOGLE THAT. unless you wanna start a whole new thread. DO NOT GOOGLE. I repeat DO NOT GOOGLE "tasteful mother child photo". Carry on then...Binary Pulsar what? :noway:

I'm not very obedient. I Googled and didn't see anything alarming...?

Yes, I did. :laugh:
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, most mothers who gain a lot of weight gain it without actually needing to. You don't have to eat that many extra calories to "maintain" your lean body mass + provide for baby. Even if you gain 10 pounds of fat, after a few months, you can be back to where you were.

What isn't mentioned is that these moms are educated and aware about their body and health BEFORE and AFTER the baby.

So what are you saying? That the whole "But.. .. but.. . I'm eating for TWO!" is debunk?

Yeah, love that excuse for massive overeating. Hey, pregnancy saps it out of you and you may eat but I do get tired of people treating it like it was carte blanche to pretend they were linebackers in a previous life and still need to eat that way. I may have gotten ginormously fat, but it wasn't during pregnancy. Actually, for my first 2 pregnancies, I only gained 20 pounds or less and was within 5 pounds of my start weight each time immediately post-partum. It was the next two-three months where I packed back on those 20 pregnancy pounds eating at night while I got up with the newborn. By pregnancy 3 (twins), I was up to 204 pounds when I found out I was pregnant, and I walked out of the hospital at 194 with a net loss of 10, mostly because, I am assuming, I had eaten enough for good fat stores LOL. Basically, I was gaining baby weight and such where needed (babies were carefully monitored and were at normal twin weights the whole time), and I was losing elsewhere. My doctors weren't concerned. The WIC people? Lost their S&*#. Freaked out. I wasn't gaining enough weight. I started at 204, I was at about 210 when I gave birth - I was nagged INCESSANTLY by them. I was eating well, getting good nutrition, handling 4 months of bed rest without going postal, and both of my physicians (family and ob-gyn for the high risk) were happy with where I was, but that wasn't good enough for WIC. Ugh. They told me with twins I should gain at least 40 pounds. [Which I did -- AFTER. Heh]
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Who are WIC?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for someone to call her ugly.
    Did anyone call her ugly yet?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

The first cupcake in history that I don't want.
    Do not want.
    No.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for someone to call her ugly.
    Did anyone call her ugly yet?

She ugly.

(now get back to work!)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

The first cupcake in history that I don't want.
    Do not want.
    No.

WTAF

:noway:
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Actually I admit I thought maybe it was supposed to be a baby 'peeking' out of it's mother's womb. Still a weird theme for a cupcake.

I would totally eat it.
  • One_Fur_luck
    Options
    Cupcakes are bad for you.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Actually I admit I thought maybe it was supposed to be a baby 'peeking' out of it's mother's womb. Still a weird theme for a cupcake.

I would totally eat it.

^ NOOOOOOO!!

In all seriousness, each person is at a different place with respect to weight gain during pregnancy. In my first pregnancy I was at a healthy weight to start and trained like a badass at kickboxing. But my doctor advised me to quit at about 4.5 months pregnant because of the anaerobic nature of the workouts. So I did... only I was used to eating as if I was training 6-8 hours a week as I had been :( And I didn't have any other activity - other than walking - to replace it with. To make matters worse, I also ended up with Gestational Diabetes, so my body wasn't properly processing the sugar I was eating. SOOOO... I put on 70 lbs.

With my 2nd I wasn't doing kickboxing, I was running... and I kept running through about 32 weeks and, while I had GD for a 2nd time, I started the GD diet as soon as I found out I was pregnant and gained an appropriate 26 lbs and it all came off after and then some.

So it's not just the person... it can be the circumstances to some extent.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I doubt if the way this new mom looks after 4 days is attainable by all but a minority of women...same as the way the cover models on Men's Health look is attainable by all but a minority of men.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if we all stopped comparing ourselves to unrealistic ideals, and just tried to achieve our own personal best?
  • QuietBloom
    Options

I would totally eat it.

^ NOOOOOOO!!

In all seriousness, each person is at a different place with respect to weight gain during pregnancy. In my first pregnancy I was at a healthy weight to start and trained like a badass at kickboxing. But my doctor advised me to quit at about 4.5 months pregnant because of the anaerobic nature of the workouts. So I did... only I was used to eating as if I was training 6-8 hours a week as I had been :( And I didn't have any other activity - other than walking - to replace it with. To make matters worse, I also ended up with Gestational Diabetes, so my body wasn't properly processing the sugar I was eating. SOOOO... I put on 70 lbs.

With my 2nd I wasn't doing kickboxing, I was running... and I kept running through about 32 weeks and, while I had GD for a 2nd time, I started the GD diet as soon as I found out I was pregnant and gained an appropriate 26 lbs and it all came off after and then some.

I was 39 and an avid runner when I got pregnant. I kept running for awhile, but it just didn't 'feel' right. My cardio was suffering and my belly was uncomfortable. I took a very happy hiatus from all activity except working full time and eating lots of bowls of cereal. :laugh: I just felt so fortunate that I was able to get naturally pregnant at that age, and I felt absolutely no need to do ANYthing except enjoy the process of getting BIG. Heheh. The weight was all gone by the time she was a year old anyway, just from the breast feeding. I started having to drink Ensure to keep my weight up. I am only just getting back to running 9 years later. :blushing:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    In for what will inevitably cause me to put off getting pregnant another year or four.

And also to call BinaryPulsar a big mean bully :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Let's just make sure we get Part 2 off on the right track.

We're all in agreement here that BinaryPulsar is big mean, meanie, mcmeanerstien, right? That was the entire point of Part 1, no? I mean, she couldn't even go back and look at 2 years worth of some total stranger's instagram posts!!!

She's by far my meanest friend. No fairness, authenticity, or thoughtfulness in that one. :grumble:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I would totally eat it.

^ NOOOOOOO!!

I was 39 and an avid runner when I got pregnant. I kept running for awhile, but it just didn't 'feel' right. My cardio was suffering and my belly was uncomfortable. I took a very happy hiatus from all activity except working full time and eating lots of bowls of cereal. :laugh: I just felt so fortunate that I was able to get naturally pregnant at that age, and I felt absolutely no need to do ANYthing except enjoy the process of getting BIG. Heheh. The weight was all gone by the time she was a year old anyway, just from the breast feeding. I started having to drink Ensure to keep my weight up. I am only just getting back to running 9 years later. :blushing:

TL;DR - it takes some women NINE YEARS to recover from pregnancy to the point that they can resume running.

(:drinker:)

ETA: Caroline ran a marathon immediately after this picture was taken.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I love you guys!!! :love: