Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Why is what we said going to make you postpone pregnancy? Just curious. :smile:

Days of torrential vaginal bleeding, shifting stomach muscles ...:sad:

The possibility that you'll be so swollen in your nethers that you won't be able to pee so three nurses will spend the next hour trying to find the urethral opening only to call in the most experienced nurse to do it who will tell you, as you're weeping tears in agony, that in cases with as much swelling as this the best thing to do is watch the patient's face for signs of the greatest pain in order to get that tube reinserted.

Note: I didn't cry when a nail went clean through my foot but I cried when it felt like the were using scalpels down there.

Is that what you were looking for?

2nd note: I still only have the one...

geesuscrist woman.
    I'll give you my mother's number and you can deal with her crying when you tell her she'll never have grandkids.

laughing so hard at these 2 posts, I nearly peed my pants...oh yeah, that is partly due to having kids and now when you sneeze too hard you can pee your pants. ...Just an added bonus.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

The possibility that you'll be so swollen in your nethers that you won't be able to pee so three nurses will spend the next hour trying to find the urethral opening only to call in the most experienced nurse to do it who will tell you, as you're weeping tears in agony, that in cases with as much swelling as this the best thing to do is watch the patient's face for signs of the greatest pain in order to get that tube reinserted.

Note: I didn't cry when a nail went clean through my foot but I cried when it felt like the were using scalpels down there.

geesuscrist woman.
    I'll give you my mother's number and you can deal with her crying when you tell her she'll never have grandkids.

Sorry. I don't think that happens too often.

It did suck though. My husband was standing next to me holding our son in one arm while holding my hand. He said he'd never seen me like that and he was there when I'd just given birth a couple hours before. But like I said, I think it's not too common.

Edit: this thread is not about population control through the telling of gruesome pregnancy stories
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Edit: this thread is not about population control through the telling of gruesome pregnancy stories

^this

Let's get back to hating people we'll never meet for our own interpretations of what they meant by photos they posted on instagram.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Not one to be left out, Maria Kang had to weigh in as well:

"Have you seen this? This woman just gave birth 4 days before taking this selfie. WOW. Talk about pressure! That's incredible - but for those who are like me, it takes 9 months to build my belly and it took me nearly the same amount of time to get it back to where I wanted it.

To give mothers more perspective, here's how my body looked one week post-pregnancy. Don't be hard on yourself. Life changes when you have a child making prioritizing your fitness more difficult.

You can read my tips on Motherhood here: http://www.mariakang.com/2013/02/18/chapter-six-motherhood-can-make-you-better/

You can read her story here: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-under-fire-post-baby-body-selfie-215700858.html"
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    wow 2 pages goes to show what universal health care and excellent paid maternity and paternity leave get you...Go Norway!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

other than that, you're good....

Ha. I have stories. ...
  • servilia
    Options
    wow 2 pages goes to show what universal health care and excellent paid maternity and paternity leave get you...Go Norway!

?
    I have the same things here in Canada and I didn't look like that.
  • brower47
    Options

She's very wealthy. It's not a big stretch to think she's not using the state healthcare system and more likely has private providers.

But it's an apples to oranges comment anyway. One has little if anything to do with the other.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Stuff like this makes me twitch. Most of the weight gain associated with pregnancy is not as fat and is highly unlikely to be gone in 4 days.
    Tell that to a lot of the females here trying to lose "baby weight". Unfortunately many females do gain fat while pregnant, especially those who aren't very knowledgeable on how many calories extra they really need and who weren't very physically active before pregnancy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

And some of those women lose all that weight in the first two months post-partum and then get huge from Undereating/binging from the nutritional needs of lactation. Wish I had MFP then.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

LOL that shes making appointments under the universal system like the common folk in the country.

:laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

"Have you seen this? This woman just gave birth 4 days before taking this selfie. WOW. Talk about pressure! That's incredible - but for those who are like me, it takes 9 months to build my belly and it took me nearly the same amount of time to get it back to where I wanted it.

To give mothers more perspective, here's how my body looked one week post-pregnancy. Don't be hard on yourself. Life changes when you have a child making prioritizing your fitness more difficult.

You can read my tips on Motherhood here: http://www.mariakang.com/2013/02/18/chapter-six-motherhood-can-make-you-better/

You can read her story here: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-under-fire-post-baby-body-selfie-215700858.html"

Wait. Now I'm really confused. I thought we were lumping 4-days woman into the same category as WYE?Kang. Can we still hate both of them, but just for entirely different reasons?
  • servilia
    Options

Wait. Now I'm really confused. I thought we were lumping 4-days woman into the same category as WYE?Kang. Can we still hate both of them, but just for entirely different reasons?

Sure! Hating is free :)
  • servilia
    Options

geesuscrist woman.

Not everyone has bad experiences. I'll leave it at that unless you really want to know about a good experience (to restore your maternal urges lol) in which case you can PM me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The good far outweighs the challenges.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

(She's required by parental law to say that...doesn't make it any less true, but just know that it's obligatory.)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

LOL that shes making appointments under the universal system like the common folk in the country.

but i've been told repeatedly that universal health care would take away options from rich people and that they would lose their platinum level policies and have to wait 9 months for basic checkups and substandard health care. and death panels. can't forget the death panels. now you're claiming that it's possible to cover the masses while still leaving the more fortunate with choice? WUT?!?!!?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

(She's required by parental law to say that...doesn't make it any less true, but just know that it's obligatory.)

No really! I gave birth at home. It was amazing and beautiful. My older daughter slept through her sister's labor and woke up just in time to run in and see the birth.

But, he's right, it's also the law.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Good for her, she clearly looked great before pregnancy and was careful to not gain an over abundance of weight during and exercised regularly during.

I gained 8 lbs when I was prego my daughter was 7 lbs 7.2 oz. I weighed about 8 lbs less after birth than I did when I got pregnant. I wore my regular jeans until I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. The difference is I was fat, yes I said it get over it, before I got pregnant and still fat after even though I weighed less.

We have no idea how much she gained or how big her baby was.

I will never understand why so many people get so butte hurt when someone else is proud of themselves and showing that pride.

Your success does not diminish my success.
  • brower47
    Options

but i've been told repeatedly that universal health care would take away options from rich people and that they would lose their platinum level policies and have to wait 9 months for basic checkups and substandard health care. and death panels. can't forget the death panels. now you're claiming that it's possible to cover the masses while still leaving the more fortunate with choice? WUT?!?!!?

Will-Ferrell-Elf-You-Sit-on-a-Throne-of-Lies_zpse54a15db.gif
    [/quote]