"No woman should ever lift more than 3lbs"

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    what a fricking twatwaffle.

Holy crap, that is the funniest word I've learned in, well, ever! You seriously just made my day. :bigsmile:

glad I made someone's day. :D

I do what I can.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Holy crap on a cracker! No more getting milk from the fridge or that bag of flour from the pantry!

And I have gained over half an inch on my thighs in the past 5 weeks and am ecstatic about it. It means my legs will be able to support me better!

I've never heard of this nut job but I'm gonna have to google her now so I can warn people about her. Smh.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My purse weighs more than that.

Indeed.

According this logic, we shouldn't even lift our own babies. They weigh too much. (insert sarcastic face here)

Seriously though this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in quite some time. She must've misspoke. Must've.
    That's the only explanation.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    TracyAnderson_zpsee1c0012.jpg

This is Tracy Anderson.
    I hope that kid is made of styrofoam or she's doing some irreparable damage to her body.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Smdh!
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    what a fricking twatwaffle.

Holy crap, that is the funniest word I've learned in, well, ever! You seriously just made my day. :bigsmile:

ROFLMAO
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    "No woman should ever do activity X"

Jesus, do people actually still say things like this in the modern world?
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    How much do vacuums weigh? I kid I kid. Seriously though, most of my sandwiches do weigh more than 3lbs.
  • mscrystallee
    mscrystallee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Why are some people allowed to speak...
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Awwww... I've been doing it wrong all this time... :cry:
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My purse weighs more than that.

exactly hahaha
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    http://thedailybanter.com/2013/09/tracy-anderson-and-the-myth-behind-celebrity-trainers-and-diets/

Notice the part where it mentions Gwyneth Paltrow got diagnosed with low levels of vitamin D and pre-osteoperosis, something Doctors who reviewed the diet Tracy Anderson recommends predicted!

I also found this gem of a quote. It hurts to read it, but I almost can't stop looking up new stupid quotes!

"I really wish that women would stop spinning. I say that with such conviction because almost every day in my office, I see women crying and unhappy because they can't fit into their jeans, because of the thigh bulking. There are some women who don’t have the genetic capability to build muscle, and they can do something like that without being affected. That’s a very small percentage of the female population, though. Ninety-eight percent of women will bulk completely. The problem with it is that it doesn’t show right away. You may lose a little bit of weight at first because it’s an easy calorie burn, but it’s not worth what happens to your muscles."

^^Oh goodness! Is she kidding me??!! Spinning has been by far the most beneficial workout for my weight loss. Once I added it into my routines, my body started changing dramatically. My legs are stronger than they've ever been. Shaplier, NOT bulkier. They're actually slimming down quite nicely. SMH!
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    Ironic that the average human brain weighs 3 lbs. Apparently that was too much for her to carry around.

Ha! :laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    What?!!! I lift more than that by picking up my 30 lb child multiple times a day.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Evidently, this is not the first time Anderson has said this--I found references going back several years. Evidently she uses body weight routines and elastic bands. So, there is a certain amount of self-marketing hyperbole to that statement, which provides a slightly different context.

But that is not the end of the story. I also uncovered this little gem:
    In addition to these intense routines, Tracy helps her clients lose inches by cranking up the heat to 80 degrees. "She likes it hot in the room so you sweat, because she says if the room is hot, you're also burning calories to maintain homeostasis," Gwyneth says. "She's always coming up with new ways to kick up the calorie burning."

That's doubling down on teh stoopid.

She uses hand weights too... I have seen some of her routines when I used to read Self.... They were probably 3 lb weights now that I think about it.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    This woman is even more full of fail than Bob Harper.....

But I still have no idea who she is and why everyone is all excited over her brainless chatter.
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well, how am I going to lift all my babies, or work the stove in my kitchen, or even carry a sammich to my husband? Honest to goodness! How ignorant can you get?
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    A beer doesn't weigh 3 lbs. nor, does the sandwich you just made.

I think she has it right! :drinker:

Oooo....I'm tellin'
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump for laughs later