"No woman should ever lift more than 3lbs"

Options

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    "...because it won't get you the body you want and it results in injury". That's what Tracy Anderson just said on Piers Morgan Live...I swear...how can she be so successful in her business and trusted by so many people? :huh:
    I guess I better stop hauling around the baby. Last I checked he was at 15 lbs. and that is before I add the car seat. I also better just leave my purse at home. It probably weighs more than the baby.
  • roflysst2
    roflysst2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    .... Wow :huh:

I use 2kg and 5kg weights (4.4lbs & 11lbs) and I consider them as low weights just for toning.

How much more bullsh*t does she have to spread to stop people worshiping her. Crazy lady ...
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I've just Googled her and seen a picture of her holding a baby. Not following her own rules! :wink:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    ^ LOL the irony....You made a low weight = toning post and a spreading bull**** reference in the same post.....and they weren't related to each other.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Personally I think this is great advice! Thanks Tracy.

The more women that follow this advice the more I can beat down in a street fight. Come at me bro!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where i can find a 3lb barbell so I can do my squats?
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    A beer doesn't weigh 3 lbs. nor, does the sandwich you just made.

I think she has it right! :drinker:

Oooo....I'm tellin'

Oh noes.

She knows I'm kidding. :flowerforyou:

:wink:
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    Does anyone know where i can find a 3lb barbell so I can do my squats?

Eh....just use some cans of soup....the 14oz size....wouldn't want you to overdo it :tongue:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    3 pounds is awful light. So I don't agree there. Some degree of strength is beneficial.

At the same time, too much bulk isn't a good thing from my perspective. Men usually do not find bulky women attractive.

Moderate weight training would make sense to me.

As a guy though, I always strive to lift heavier, but there are weights that I can't lift and I'm not afraid to admit it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    3 pounds is awful light. So I don't agree there. Some degree of strength is beneficial.

At the same time, too much bulk isn't a good thing from my perspective. Men usually do not find bulky women attractive.

As a guy though, I always strive to lift heavier, but there are weights that I can't lift and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I can tell you - 99% of the women who really lift- don't care if you think they are bulky.

That is your personal preference and has nothing to do with a woman's personal desire to lift or to what degree she should lift. I'm not going to plan my lifting around your preferences and what you find attractive.

And besides- moderate weight training is for people who want to be average.

Go hard or go home.
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    "At the same time, too much bulk isn't a good thing from my perspective. Men usually do not find bulky women attractive. "

Female-lifting-600x392.jpg

Yeah....that's gross.....all bulky and stuff.
  • roflysst2
    roflysst2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ^ LOL the irony....You made a low weight = toning post and a spreading bull**** reference in the same post.....and they weren't related to each other.

:embarassed: lol I really worded that wrong.....

I meant what people usually consider as "toning" weights & that 3lbs was really low compared to those old standards. **keepsdigging**
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    People actually take this woman seriously?? I'd never heard of her before either, apparently I wasn't missing much. Also, "face like a melted shoe" made me LOL, that's a good way of describing it.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11423-1384205552-29.gif
    Just stop.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

She looks good but her form sucks! LOL
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

As a HUMAN BEING though, I always strive to lift heavier, but there are weights that I can't lift and I'm not afraid to admit it.
    ^^^Fixed it for ya^^^
    Because as a woman, *I* always strive to lift heavier....and there are weights I can't lift, and I am not afraid to admit it, either. :wink:

Oooooh......someone needs to tell me WTH I'm doing wrong, then...Because I'm lifting heavy 4x a week, and I'm not bulky at all. I'm strong, and the hubs thinks I'm hotter with muscle, but I keep looking for this "bulk" that is supposed to jump on me, and it just isn't happening...

Moderate - not enough for me.

ETA: I don't lift because I want random men to find me attractive. I lift because I want to be strong, stave off osteoporosis (all the women in my family deal with it past a certain age), and be healthy. Ok, and rocking the bikini is kinda cool, too.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    ETA, How can Piers Morgan have people like this on his show and still have fans?

g1356553241580556512.jpg?w=540
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    She may be knowledgable in some areas, but she obviously knows NOTHING about lifting!!

*SMH*
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have elephantitis.....That's not good for my love life.....

Oh, reallllly? Tell me more....:bigsmile:
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    "At the same time, too much bulk isn't a good thing from my perspective. Men usually do not find bulky women attractive. "

Female-lifting-600x392.jpg

Haha brilliant :)