"No woman should ever lift more than 3lbs"

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I work in a warehouse where I have to lift things that are as heavy as 80 pounds. Thankfully, most things are below 50 and I only have to move them an inch or two. 3 pounds??? I think a gallon of milk weighs about 5... Does this mean my boyfriend gets to do all of the grocery shopping?? :bigsmile:

it's probably closer to 7 or 8.

A gallon of water is what 7.3 lbs?

hysterically when bf and I go grocery shopping he typically carries the bags- he'll actually take stuff from me. IT DRIVES ME INSANE.

Now he just does it because he knows it pisses me off- I just yell at him- LOOK YOU ARE MAKING ME LOOK LIKE AN *kitten*.
    Everyone now things I'm a prima donna *kitten* who can't carry her own groceries. Your a DCIK!!!! He just laughs and keeps telling me what an *kitten* I am that I make him carry all the bags and he is such a pack mule slave.

I like shopping on my own anyway!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    98% of women completely bulk?! Where the effinghell is all this bulk I'm supposed to be getting? I work my *kitten* off! :sad:
    At the same time, too much bulk isn't a good thing from my perspective. Men usually do not find bulky women attractive.

Moderate weight training would make sense to me.
    If it was easy (read: moderate), everyone would do it. And I don't do it for them. I do it for me. They can take a flying frell at a rolling donut for all I care.

Remember, "ladies", your decision-making process should always bear in mind that your sole worth is based on what is attractive to men. :huh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    98% of women completely bulk?! Where the effinghell is all this bulk I'm supposed to be getting? I work my *kitten* off! :sad:

lol yes- I'd like to go to this magical bulking gym.

This bullchit hard work I do for hours on end picking up heavy stuff- it's very overrated.

Send me to the magical bulking gym!!!!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Haha, that is perfect. What an outrageous statement!
    mHM3DMk.gif
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    :noway:

I don't watch much television (so I had to Google her) but I wouldn't trust this loon as far as I could throw her...wait actually since I lift she might be surprised at how far she flies! Haha.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

hysterically when bf and I go grocery shopping he typically carries the bags- he'll actually take stuff from me. IT DRIVES ME INSANE.

Now he just does it because he knows it pisses me off- I just yell at him- LOOK YOU ARE MAKING ME LOOK LIKE AN *kitten*.
    Everyone now things I'm a prima donna *kitten* who can't carry her own groceries. Your a DCIK!!!! He just laughs and keeps telling me what an *kitten* I am that I make him carry all the bags and he is such a pack mule slave.
    Not sure how long you've been with BF, but my DH does the same thing and we laugh about it now. I know he likes to "be the burdened husband", so I let him. He knows damn good and well that I can carry him into the emergency room if it comes to it, and even if he can lift way more than I can, he respects the work I put in.

I think anybody who's ever tried to "get bulky" and realizes how much work it really takes very soon shuts their pie-hole about women getting bulky.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    From her website
    TRACY TIP: The use of ankle weights during the leg lift sections of your workouts will really make the most of your muscular structure workout. Particularly for the glutecentric clients, ankle weights will help lift and tone your bottom, giving your butt a boost. It's important to remember that if you are not strong enough to complete the total number leg lifts repetitions with perfect form yet, you should not be adding ankle weights. Form is SO key when using ankle weights, so be sure that you are hitting the correct angles as you use them.

How much do these ankle weights weigh?! Oh, right, no more than 3 lbs. Yup, sounds legit.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    From her website
    TRACY TIP: The use of ankle weights during the leg lift sections of your workouts will really make the most of your muscular structure workout. Particularly for the glutecentric clients, ankle weights will help lift and tone your bottom, giving your butt a boost. It's important to remember that if you are not strong enough to complete the total number leg lifts repetitions with perfect form yet, you should not be adding ankle weights. Form is SO key when using ankle weights, so be sure that you are hitting the correct angles as you use them.

How much do these ankle weights weigh?! Oh, right, no more than 3 lbs. Yup, sounds legit.

Yep. So for godsake, don't EVER lift your legs when you're wearing big shoes. You will become a MAN.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Now that you have awakened your muscles in a whole new way, this level of Continuity is aimed at giving you a prescription to keep your body guessing and your muscles surprised. We’ll do this, in part, by incorporating ankle weights into your routine. This level of Continuity works within the layers of muscle so that you aren’t simply building muscle, but sculpting a longer, leaner, feminine structure from the inside out.

I just can't stop reading. It's like a train wreck!

http://tracyandersonmethod.com/metamorphosis/metamorphosis-breakdown/?ref=main-menu

P.S. Apparently I'm "glutecentric"....either that, or I've earned my @$$ from squatting my body weight.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    It won't get me the body I want?! I want an amazingly strong body, that can lifts loads of weight and that has visible muscles/definition. I want to look fit and strong as well as feel it. I'm not going to get that lifting <3lbs weight, sorry Tracy Anderson.

Another thing I heard her say was that repetitive movements, even cardio such as running etc, anything repetitive, will bulk you up :explode:

Unfortunately, there will always be a few poor sods who fall for it. I just hope the majority realise it's a load of BS.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Beginning year 2 of your transformation, this program is very advanced and builds on all the hard work you have completed over the past 12 months. The muscular structure work involves continued use of the ball, but also uses a dining room chair.

Wow....

Okay, I'm done now.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    You know, if you look at Tracy Anderson's body, it's really not that impressive. Don't get me wrong, of course she's pretty and she does have a fit body, but there's nothing special about her, she's just a skinny girl, no form really. So it makes sense, if you just want to be skinny (and weak apparently), listen to her.

Also, I looked her up real quick for this, in her list of clientele she has nothing but women who have thin, long limbed builds (with the exception of Jennifer Lopez, whose genetics aren't disposed to this regardless of what she lifts).

I was gonna say that too, she looks very breakable... 3lb is prob her max rep ;-)

I'm with you. I have NO desire to look like Gumby. I realize there are women out there who are naturally thin and more power to them, but it isn't how my body is built and it isn't what I want to look like. I like hauling around my 35lb. toddler, I like working on home improvement projects and being able to lift just as much as my hubby, and I like feeling STRONG. And being strong. Osteoporosis runs in my fam -- screw that! I'm fighting back! I have no intention of eating at a huge surplus and working out for hours at a time, but if women want to, why can't they? We should do what works for us, our bodies, and our goals and people like this infuriate me WAY may than any of the so called shamers like Kang is made out to be (not starting anything, just sayin'). She is basically saying all women should look this one way by doing it this one way and all else is basically sludge. I just get aggravated by people like this who just seem to have NO CLUE. 3lbs.... I just can't get over that.
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It just goes to show that we, as consumer's of fitness information, need to research what some of these yahoos tell us. That is one sad, effing statement.

My wife, who recently had surgery for an inner ear issue, was told not to lift more than 5-10 pounds post-op so as not to increase internal pressure in the ear. Medical necessity would be the only reason I can see to keep it as light as this woman advocates.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    :o So I guess I should never lift my own child, huh?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    That would kind of prevent mothers from picking up their kids...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Beginning year 2 of your transformation, this program is very advanced and builds on all the hard work you have completed over the past 12 months. The muscular structure work involves continued use of the ball, but also uses a dining room chair.

Wow....

Okay, I'm done now.

NO!!! Anything but the dining room chair!!!!!!!!

Funny-gif-Steve-Carell-The-Office-no-no.gif
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Women shouldn't lift more than 3 lbs? There goes my sex life.

rimshot-o.gif
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Tracy Anderson, Fitness Troll? (I mean, she can't really believe that, right? It's just part of her shtick.) :yawn:
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    And here I was about to go off to the gym to go lift some heavy things...

Still going to.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Do you think she makes 6 figures?