I feel sorry for the new year resolutioners..

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Ah, I got it, now.

Just checked OP's other posts. It all makes sense, now.

Summary: makes thread asking for opinions; gets opinions that don't match up with what OP wants; OP states that she is going to do it anyway; OP makes new thread because she completely either misunderstood or didn't care (maybe both) what the other posters from previous thread actually posted.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    OP, you have been one of the most judgemental people on this thread and on threads in your history, so I don't know what you are trying to pull (unless you just want attention). I am getting a good laugh, so thanks for that! You sould maybe practice what you preach, maybe people would take you serious.

Truth is MOST (not all) people who make resolutions do fail. That is the harsh reality.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

While I am sire that you think that your 9 posts here qualifies you to take the moral high ground

Post-count is a measure of morality... gotta love the internets!

Strong avoidance of context. Oh look, less than 100 posts too.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The majority of them will fail. That's just a reality. Does that mean they get less support from me? No, but I think someone waiting for a start date to change their life already has the wrong attitude going in.

A few years before I met my husband he started a New Years resolution to lose weight. He lost over 50 pounds and has kept it off to this day. There is nothing wrong with resolutions. Quit being such a hater.

It's not being a "hater". It's fact; the majority of those who start a new year's resolution to lose weight will fail.

This, and I love how everyone is missing the word MAJORITY. Yeah, there are some resolutioners that are successful. That's awesome, and I applaud you! But statistically speaking, the MAJORITY fail. Geez...
  • LaurenEileen74
    LaurenEileen74 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I like having a start date for something...makes it fun, gears you up, preps you IMO. I had a New Years' Resolution a few years back to run my first 5K. I stuck with it, and now run at least 3 a year. So there, haters. ;)
  • jen14128
    jen14128 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really do not understand why everyone is so concerned with the success/failure of others. Your journey to health is yours. Focus on that. Everyone has that event/time/feeling/thought that happens when they decide to change their lives. And for some that occurs when they reflect on the past year and come to the realization that they could have been happier had they just not eaten that pie/chip/whatever. Yes, a lot of them will fail, but many people who start in Feb, or July, or October or any other month also fail. Weight loss is hard. Who cares how someone gets started, this community is about support. No one should think they are better than anyone else just because they started their journey on their own without jumping on the resolution band wagon. And no one should feel like they are not wanted here because they decided to make their 2014 better than their 2013. And no, I am not a "resolutioner." I have been on here a long time, and I am starting over, once again because I get to be the maid of honor at a friend's wedding in March and dress shopping was not the most fun experience. Like I said, weight loss is hard. MFP helps to make it easier. No one should be denied this awesome tool. Resolution newbies, and everyone else, feel free to add me :smile:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I like having a start date for something...makes it fun, gears you up, preps you IMO. I had a New Years' Resolution a few years back to run my first 5K. I stuck with it, and now run at least 3 a year. So there, haters. ;)
    You are so important that a bunch of strangers hate you. Sounds legit.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    No, but I think someone waiting for a start date to change their life already has the wrong attitude going in.
    This.........I am starting my new bulking diet on Monday because well, its Monday
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I will support them just as much as I support everyone else.

In! For continued and still very, very marginal "support".
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    this thread is hilarious.

OP and supporters are getting hypothetically butthurt about hypothetical slights aimed at hypothetical resolutioners, who by definition, are not even on this site yet.

:laugh:

go home hypothetical MFP, you're drunk.

:wink:
  • alexandriajmw
    Options
    "Upvote" for you.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

OP and supporters are getting hypothetically butthurt about hypothetical slights aimed at hypothetical resolutioners, who by definition, are not even on this site yet.

I think I love you.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here seem to be expecting them all to fail! Surely you should cut out your judgmental horrible personalities and support anyone who joins here, anyone who succeeds or fails.

That's a very judgemental post.

was thinking the same thing.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Some people like to think that they're better than other people. It helps them get out of bed in the morning. I say we let them have it, OP.

Ironic post, considering your username.

Oops. You must not be a "morning person". :flowerforyou:
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're awesome!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Why do I feel like this poster only read the title of the thread and absolutely no posts within it?
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Some people like to think that they're better than other people. It helps them get out of bed in the morning. I say we let them have it, OP.

Ironic post, considering your username.

Irony/Ironic has to be the most misused word in the English language
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Why it's better to pick ANY other time of the year to make a defining decision in your life:

A 2007 study by Richard Wiseman from the University of Bristol involving 3,000 people showed that 88% of those who set New Year resolutions fail, despite the fact that 52% of the study's participants were confident of success at the beginning. Men achieved their goal 22% more often when they engaged in goal setting, (a system where small measurable goals are being set; such as, a pound a week, instead of saying "lose weight"), while women succeeded 10% more when they made their goals public and got support from their friends.

This study only has 8% of people as successful at their new year's resolution: http://www.statisticbrain.com/new-years-resolution-statistics/

Here's another one: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201012/why-new-years-resolutions-fail
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

:laugh: Yes. You are a smart - uh oh.