I feel sorry for the new year resolutioners..

Options
Everyone on here seem to be expecting them all to fail! Surely you should cut out your judgmental horrible personalities and support anyone who joins here, anyone who succeeds or fails. When they came here their ambition was to succeed afterall!

Replies

• PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is so hateful. I don't like all of the negative posts I have seen about new year's newbies either. I hope people are just venting and will ultimately be nice and helpful to anyone they can.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Ok
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The majority of them will fail. That's just a reality. Does that mean they get less support from me? No, but I think someone waiting for a start date to change their life already has the wrong attitude going in.
  • koos22
    koos22 Posts: 22
    Options
    The majority of them will fail. That's just a reality. Does that mean they get less support from me? No, but I think someone waiting for a start date to change their life already has the wrong attitude going in.

ditto.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    SNIP No, but I think someone waiting for a start date to change their life already has the wrong attitude going in.

+1
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Can't agree more... I also resent the fact that my gym will be a zoo until like January 15th.
  • MumToBrendon
    Options
    I find planning is best. I never start anything unless it's a Monday or the first of the month. I will be restarting with a new account in the new year. I'm still going now. Still dieting, still losing, but definitely start fresh at new year. If they try and failed, at least they tried.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    in, because this is going to end swimmingly
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options
    Can't agree more... I also resent the fact that my gym will be a zoo until like January 15th.

I hate that. I won't be able to get a good full workout in unless I'm there waiting in line for equipment for hours...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I find planning is best. I never start anything unless it's a Monday or the first of the month. I will be restarting with a new account in the new year. I'm still going now. Still dieting, still losing, but definitely start fresh at new year. If they try and failed, at least they tried.

Why with a new account? Is that necessary?

I just don't believe in the New Year's resolutions or giving up stuff for Lent. I have the same goals every day, every year for the rest of my life when it comes to health and fitness.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    in, because this is going to end swimmingly

BAH, Agreed.

Seriously OP, what is it with the new start date? Why not just start now...or next Monday?
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I disagree. I think it makes total sense. No need to start your journey on December 1 - that would be a sabotage. When I stopped breastfeeding my baby it was December (when I cut calories at all breastfeeding it was NOT a good thing!) - I was not going to try to start my new life right before Christmas. It is a lot easier to get 10 months under your belt before you face the dangerous time between Halloween and New Years Day. I totally get it. And I am not done - but I would consider myself a success.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I hate that. I won't be able to get a good full workout in unless I'm there waiting in line for equipment for hours...

This, I can't even go in the evenings now that the weather is cold because it's so crowded... Summer was great!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Surely you should cut out your judgmental horrible personalities
    In to learn from an expert about how to change my judgmental horrible personality.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here seem to be expecting them all to fail! Surely you should cut out your judgmental horrible personalities and support anyone who joins here, anyone who succeeds or fails.

That's a very judgemental post.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I think someone waiting for a start date to change their life already has the wrong attitude going in.

^^^ Could not have said this any better. Why not start today... why does it have to be Jan 1?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Okay, but eating less and moving more does not require a lot of planning if you really want to do it. Go for a walk over lunch. Eat something with less calories for lunch than you normally would. Do pushups in your cubicle on the hour. Drink more water throughout the day. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.

None of these require setting time aside to accomplish. Oh, and these are all things I do daily.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

Mine will be a zoo for at least the first couple of months and at the same time...there will be a time limit for cardio equipment! I've tried and failed at the new year's resolution this. A couple of years ago...I started in September in the middle of the week and have never looked back! Don't wait...just do it!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I usually don't wait to start something, but different things work for different people.

I actually do have a resolution this year - and that's to keep doing what I've been doing and move closer to my goal.