Thoughts on Lingerie

Options
12345679»

Replies

• janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Women want to be equal.. I say, make them equal. Bring them down a notch or two ;)

I have no real response to this other than the laughter it incited.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    dbmata Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,139December 6, 2013 7:02 am Hmm, those inch sizes don't help me much if I'm going to do this discreetly.

Is a cami that has DTF printed on it a little too obvious?

Honestly, a DTF Statement Cami depending on how you roll and play with your woman mightn't be abrasive, for you to comfortably consider personalising it as you've suggested here, but JIC I would recommend you soften it with another gift. *Knowing how open you both are with each other, you'll know best how well this will be received*

Below are suggestions using 2 neutral and conservative cami-sets, to aid you further.

2ljqhxe.jpg

ETA: Realised I wasn't clear enough. You may opt for the personalised statement to be located in like areas as shown via the circle above. You know your woman's shape and which locations would best accentuate her body. If she's a medium and you've seen that she is, then just go with it. Good luck dbmata.

Agree with bold. You need to soften the impact of your gift@DTF personalised statement cami, so as to show your woman that she is not just a "MAT" (mouth, breasts, bottom) to you. Not all about the milk, milk , mouth, lemonade and down under sunny side up,

ETA: close bracket.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    lingerie is always a present for both, no matter who buys it.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?
    Your friend's argument reminds me of the logic (perhaps using that term loosely) espoused in some of the classes on Gender Studies taught at my old college in the 1990's. Basically, any present that a guy bought for a woman was his way of oppressing her, as was anything a woman bought that could be perceived as sexy or related to so-called 'traditional' gender roles. For added fun, any guy who declined to pay for things or asked that expenses be shared was also guilty of misogyny by virtue of those acts, for reasons I never fully grasped.

So the guy is f***** coming or going? :laugh: :laugh:
    No, because sex in any form is a type of violence against women designed to oppress them. This even applies to male homosexual acts, which oppress women by excluding them.

Sadly, I'm not making that up.

As a feminist this does.not.compute.

Also, I would be THRILLED if a boyfriend bought me lingerie and I love buying it for myself as well.
    I believe you. I make no claims that what I was taught at the time was either mainstream feminist theory of the day, or in keeping with contemporary feminist thought. It's merely what I was taught at the time.

Thats not even close to feminist thought, that's the feminist thought that people who hate feminists want you to believe. It might still be radical feminist thought, but I'm more of your laid back easy going feminist who understands no matter what utopia we want to live in, men and women are different.
    The woman who taught those courses called herself a feminist, FWIW.
  • nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It depends on the girl and the lingerie. If it was something that I really did feel comfortable and sexy and confident in - brilliant. If it made me feel like I was a sex-doll for him to dress... Less cool. And I do think that if a guy buys lingerie for his girlfriend he should get her something that's just for her, too.
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I like dressing up for me and If my guy likes it then for him too.
    I wear what makes me feel pretty! :)
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?
    Your friend's argument reminds me of the logic (perhaps using that term loosely) espoused in some of the classes on Gender Studies taught at my old college in the 1990's. Basically, any present that a guy bought for a woman was his way of oppressing her, as was anything a woman bought that could be perceived as sexy or related to so-called 'traditional' gender roles. For added fun, any guy who declined to pay for things or asked that expenses be shared was also guilty of misogyny by virtue of those acts, for reasons I never fully grasped.

No, because sex in any form is a type of violence against women designed to oppress them. This even applies to male homosexual acts, which oppress women by excluding them.

Also, I would be THRILLED if a boyfriend bought me lingerie and I love buying it for myself as well.
    I believe you. I make no claims that what I was taught at the time was either mainstream feminist theory of the day, or in keeping with contemporary feminist thought. It's merely what I was taught at the time.

Thats not even close to feminist thought, that's the feminist thought that people who hate feminists want you to believe. It might still be radical feminist thought, but I'm more of your laid back easy going feminist who understands no matter what utopia we want to live in, men and women are different.

Yikes. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I have a feeling I would have argued a lot with this woman.
  • nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the situation!
    Times when the gift is one 'for her':
    - She owns no lingerie, but mentions that she'd never got round to buying some and might like to try it.
    - She owns some/lots of lingerie, wears it and apparently likes it and/or expresses an interest in having more!

Times when the gift is really 'for him':
    - She owns no lingerie. Topic comes up in conversation, she expresses that she's not keen. He buys her some anyway.
    - She owns none/owns some but never wears it. He expresses that he'd think she'd look sexy/find her attractive in it (possibly repeatedly). She is noncomittal, and still never buys/wears it. He then buys her some.
    - She owns some lingerie, wears it occasionally but mostly for his benefit. He buys her more.
    - She owns some lingerie of a particular style and likes it, he goes and buys her some of a completely different style, perhaps knowing she doesn't like it but he does.

Basically it comes down to common sense: as a man, if the reason you're buying it is soley because you want to see her in it/find it hot, and NOT because you geniunely think she'll like it, then it's a gift for you, not for her!
    How 'acceptable' that is depends on the situation - if you're buying it as a present out of the blue (rather than for her birthday or something) then it's less of an issue if it's just 'for him', although you need to be careful that you don't come over as looking like you're saying 'I only think you're sexy if you wear this' or even coming over as the more demanding 'Go and put this on now because I want to see you in it'.

- this is so true! A couple should find each others bodies beautiful as they are. If you know that she gets a buzz from dressing provocatively, go for it! If you know she can't go swimming because she feels too uncomfortable to even try on a swimsuit in a shop, like I do, then stay away from anything like that...
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've personally never seen the allure to lingerie. Call me crazy, but I only want what's underneath, and the attire is only going to wind up on the floor anyway = waste of $$$ :noway:
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    he should of bought granny panties. what? he is just going to rip them off anyway.

PRECISELY! :drinker:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

those kinds of radical "feminists" are not limited to that one nut-job course teacher. My mum left a feminist group in the 1970s because they told her she wasn't a proper feminist because she wasn't a lesbian and was married and wanted to have babies. According to them, wanting a male sexual partner = relying on men for something = not being a feminist. She asked them how they proposed to keep the human race going, then left.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    turtleball Joined Nov 2013Posts: 18 December 6, 2013 12:53 pm he should of bought granny panties. what? he is just going to rip them off anyway.

PRECISELY! :drinker:

Is the Lingerie Industry Letting Women Down?
    By Elisabeth Dale of Huffington Post's July 14th Article

There's a growing segment of the female population ignored by the intimate apparel industry. They desire beautiful and stylish quality intimates, are savvy consumers, and have the necessary disposable income to buy what they want. So what's their problem? They, like me, are women 50 years of age and older.

From a financial perspective, it doesn't seem smart to ignore the ranks of aging female baby boomers. We not only have greater disposable income, we outspend the younger generation. Many of us can afford the price tag that goes along with luxury fabrics and high-end designs. No matter our income bracket, we haven't lost our desire to wear sensual and romantic foundations. Surveys (even those conducted by lingerie industry giants) show women over 50 enjoy sex more than they did in their 20s. Plus our numbers are growing, not shrinking.

Should intimate apparel executives heed my request, let me add some advice. Don't replace current images of slim models with slightly older versions of the same body type. I'm looking for a new and innovative approach; one that accepts, embraces, and even honors my wizened womanhood. An unyielding bikini thong or thick, padded push up won't do my thin skin any favors. Plus "less" fabric doesn't translate to "more" sex appeal for my generation. And I promise to be loyal to your brand if you can think outside the bra and create complementary bottoms that don't offend my less firm bum.

I'm ready to celebrate my aging body with style, grace and sensual fashion. And I'd like to do it while wearing something fabulous, underneath it all.

What's do you think? Is the intimate apparel industry letting women down?
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    I like dressing up for me and If my guy likes it then for him too.
    I wear what makes me feel pretty! :)

Awesome.
  • Ninguneado77
    Options
    I'd love it if my guy bought me lingerie. Apparently he was looking for a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader outfit for me while he was working in Texas... I can't stand cheerleaders but hell, as long as it's me turning him on and not someone else, I'd rock that :)

so..? did he find one?….. ;)
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    It is for the man to look at but for the woman to feel sexy in. To me it's no different than me buying her a nice dress or new shoes she wears it I enjoy the way she looks in it.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I think it's the womans preference and the SO knowing what she likes.

This is sexy yet a little more difficult to remove
    Lise_Charmel_Soir-de-Venise_Corbeille_black_bra_thong_susMA.jpg

This is JUST as sexy yet only requires one tug on the bow
    Sexy-Womens-Sleepwear-Pink-Nightdress-Robe-Casual-Nightgown-Fashion-Pajama-Free-shipping.jpg
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    For the gentlemen folk who favour accessible delicates, enquiring after the ouvert lingerie variety should prove to not disappoint.