Not bothering to date.. Its all frankly worrying..

Options
Madame_Goldbricker
Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
I've been single for nearly 3yrs... My last dates have included; someone not calling me back for a month - when they did they told me they'd been clinically sectioned, & wanted to join the French Foreign Legion. A bloke who informed me his ex was blonde, so he was worried my "growler" may terrify him (we'll never know?), & a bus driver who related a highly unamusing story involving him having a dump behind an unmarked police car... What can I say? I frankly like being single. I can see the benefit.. What was the worst date you had recently?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Lol, wow...
    Where are you finding these people? haha.

Just so I know to stay away :P
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Oh poor you, but it did make me smile...
    Yes, prob best to stay single for a lot longer....:)
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    been happily married for over four years, but prior to meeting him in 2007, i had some highly entertaining dating stories.

- the man who referred to himself in 3rd person. he would say things like "Jamie makes Keith really happy" (didnt last past date #2

- the man who said "Chaka Khan" the way people say "your mom" or "thats what she/he said." just said Chaka Khan all the time for no apparent reason.

- the man who tried to feel me up when he kissed me in the car, and then when i moved his hand 2x, he tried going down the neckline of my shirt.

- the man who picked me up for our first date with dip in his mouth, had a crazy staring problem, and one of his first lines was "so cmon, who is better looking, me or your ex boyfriend?"

- the man who only expressed emotion or feelings via text message, and had every date revolve around gambling (Horse races, Atlantic City...)

- but the best date ive ever been on was the only date we had. we seemed to have an incredible time, but he never called again- i assume because i said "its too soon" when he asked to come upstairs to my apt at the end of the date.

those are only some of the wonderfully entertaining stories ;-)

grass is always greener though. i had fun being single, but i love being married. each has its perks
  • Sinisterly
    Options

- but the best date ive ever been on was the only date we had. we seemed to have an incredible time, but he never called again- i assume because i said "its too soon" when he asked to come upstairs to my apt at the end of the date.

Hahaha, that's awful.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Options
    Lol, wow...

MFP...:indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

No, I retain my dating to the north of the UK, but starting to think expanding to Craigslist might help..
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Lol, wow...

No, I retain my dating to the north of the UK, but starting to think expanding to Craigslist might help..
    I highly disagree with the craigslist thing, unless you want to catch diseases.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I'm starting not to feel so bad. I'm not the only one who has just stopped bothering to date because they turn out so horribly.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Haha, sorry you seem to be finding all the weirdo's and freaks but that did make me giggle a little.

I've been married a fair while and was in a long term relationship prior to that but I do remember one guy who had done some kind of army training, and he must have thought he was some kind of secret assasin or something. He wrote these short stories and asked me to read them and they were all REALLY violent and gross. Yeah that didn't last too long!
  • LilAilsa
    Options
    I don't want to date for a long time either. This wasn't date I was with the person at the time but he called me pathetic when my grandad died. :frown:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Lol, wow...

I was thinking the same. Well not the the 2nd part as I'm not single.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Lol, wow...

Its because us northern guys are ****ing crazy dudes.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've never had a truly good date, so I don't date. Ever.

Edit to say not ever having a good date isn't really the reason I don't date. I just prefer being single.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Lol, it does sound worrying!

I've been with my husband for 10.5 years now. I never had any particularly bad dates before meeting him, although I did meet a guy in a club who told me he was 22 (I was 24) then I went on a date with him and it turned out he was 18 and still at school lol. And one of my flatmates at the time declared his undying love for me. Awkward!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Options
    I don't want to date for a long time either. This wasn't date I was with the person at the time but he called me pathetic when my grandad died. :frown:
    [/quot]

Oh, sweetheart! I'm honestly so sorry, & gutted that you experienced that. Its not right & its not fair xx
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Lol, it does sound worrying!

I've been with my husband for 10.5 years now. I never had any particularly bad dates before meeting him, although I did meet a guy in a club who told me he was 22 (I was 24) then I went on a date with him and it turned out he was 18 and still at school lol. And one of my flatmates at the time declared his undying love for me. Awkward!
    Hate it when males lie about age. So much. SO MUCH.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    same. single for 2 years.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    A bloke who informed me his ex was blonde, so he was worried my "growler" may terrify him.
    :huh: :laugh: :huh:
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your bad experiences but they did make me giggle :laugh: :smile:
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    The first one was a no good for nothing troublemaker, too lazy to work. The second one became a drug addict, not sure if he is still alive. The third became a brothel visitor, didn't want to pay any bills and died a few years ago and.. pfff.... Well they are called ex for a reason :smile:

Married again tho for almost 5 years, but this time with someone completely different :smile:
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I went for as date with a bloke that looked so good-on-paper, but when we met he was a bit blah. He wanted to hold my hand across the pub table :ohwell: , then kept talking about being a runner but he hadn't run coz of the UK weather (I am a UK runner and we barely have any days a year when it is not suitable to run if you really want to), then my cat was a traitor and sat on his lap despite me really wanting to get rid of him, then he picked his nose and made it bleed...on my beloved sofa.