Not bothering to date.. Its all frankly worrying..

Options

Replies

• LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Bump to read more and add mine later :drinker:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I've been single for nearly 3yrs... My last dates have included; someone not calling me back for a month - when they did they told me they'd been clinically sectioned, & wanted to join the French Foreign Legion. A bloke who informed me his ex was blonde, so he was worried my "growler" may terrify him (we'll never know?), & a bus driver who related a highly unamusing story involving him having a dump behind an unmarked police car... What can I say? I frankly like being single. I can see the benefit.. What was the worst date you had recently?

Buddy of mine divorced a couple years back, he's now on "dance" partner #65. Apparently number 60 is a frequent flier, because 60 likes pairing up, particularly with 62.

The world is your oyster, obviously.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Maybe the problem isn't the women on the sites so much as the women who men pay attention to on the sites.

Took the words out of my mouth lol.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    been single for a year now since a looooong relationship.....went on probably 5 dates from online dating.......3 of them were easily 50 lbs heavier then there pics....2 i didnt even recognize.......1 talked about her miscarriage and how her ex bf was happy about it and how she just got poison ivy in and around her vag.....and 1 who i ended up dating for a month and was crazy.....ive almost come to find out if a girl is on a dating site theres a reason.

I think this is why most normal guys steer clear from online dating. So many women be fraudin' on those dating sites.

I could say the same for the men.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Most recently a guy showed up to the date drunk. For lunch. At 11:30 am.

I was on a date with a guy who seemed like he had maybe been in prison. So I asked him and he said yes, for a couple years for stabbing someone in a barber shop. Promptly went to the ladies room and called my friend to pick me up.

Was on a really enjoyable hike with a guy who asked me if I was cool with just having sex with him, nothing else. Just sex. Could have announced that before the date and would have freed up my afternoon for someone who was actually interested in ME!

Didn't end up going out with him but a guy from work started texting me, including a peen pic, apologised for it being so small and closed with "I luv u". Yup....true story.

I'm happily single, for now.
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I actually met my husband-to-be online.

Remember AOL instant messenger? This was back in 2002 when I was 17 just by chance I came across his screen name and we started chatting on AOL. Actually, I don't remember if he messaged me first or if I messaged him first. Anyway, we lived 650 miles apart, so no chance of meeting, but we became online friends.

Over the next few years we stayed in touch, although sometimes we wouldn't talk for months just because we were both busy with our lives. I went to college, had countless dates (some really bad ones), a couple of serious boyfriends, but all of those relationships ended. Similar story for him.

Then when I was 23 and single, living on my own, he invited me to come visit him. It was a huge risk, but I decided to do it. After all, I really felt like I knew him and decided to trust my gut. So he got me a plane ticket and I flew up there and we met at the airport. It was seriously the most nervous I think I have ever been. But it turned out to be a great weekend and we started dating long distance. After a year long distance relationship, he moved to my city and we were finally together...

So I met him online in 2002, met him in person in 2008, he moved here in 2009 and he proposed to me on October 1st of this year.

We are getting married next year!
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I actually met my husband-to-be online.

Remember AOL instant messenger? This was back in 2002 when I was 17 just by chance I came across his screen name and we started chatting on AOL. Actually, I don't remember if he messaged me first or if I messaged him first. Anyway, we lived 650 miles apart, so no chance of meeting, but we became online friends.

Over the next few years we stayed in touch, although sometimes we wouldn't talk for months just because we were both busy with our lives. I went to college, had countless dates (some really bad ones), a couple of serious boyfriends, but all of those relationships ended. Similar story for him.

Then when I was 23 and single, living on my own, he invited me to come visit him. It was a huge risk, but I decided to do it. After all, I really felt like I knew him and decided to trust my gut. So he got me a plane ticket and I flew up there and we met at the airport. It was seriously the most nervous I think I have ever been. But it turned out to be a great weekend and we started dating long distance. After a year long distance relationship, he moved to my city and we were finally together...

So I met him online in 2002, met him in person in 2008, he moved here in 2009 and he proposed to me on October 1st of this year.

We are getting married next year!

That's fantastic! :)
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    People don't know HOW to date anymore, and this is honestly the main reason I prefer to date men who are about 10 years older. Men that age typically remember when dating involved asking a woman out, picking her up, doing something fun, getting to know each other a little better, and taking her home, without any expectation of ending up in her bed before the night is over. Guys my age think dating is texting a woman you met online last week to say you're at a bar with friends and asking if she wants to come hang out, which invariably means "want to come get drunk and then sleep with me?"

I get that there are a lot of flaky women out there, and men are hesitant to put themselves (and their money) on the line until they're sure a woman is worth the effort. But here's thing: no intelligent, successful, mentally and emotionally healthy woman is going to stick around for date #2 if you treat her on date #1 like she isn't worth the effort. And then you have a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I love men. I enjoy being in their company and making them feel good. I like real dating. I don't like boys who have "are you going to sleep with me or not?" stamped on their foreheads. There is an ocean between the two, and I would genuinely rather be single forever than lower my standards. I'm happy. I'm not going to risk that just for the sake of saying I have someone. "Someone" is not what I'm looking for.

WOWOW! After reading all the responses, I am so flocking glad I grew up in the 60s/70s. Good dates seem to be a thing of the past.

I cannot agree more to the above. REAL DATES! It is what has kept my marriage (41 years) alive.

God, country and apple pie...It is amazing all the dating horror stories you all have shared. I have a hard time rationalizing the time you all have had.

Of course I have been out of the system for a while or maybe I am just a romantic at heart.

Just one old man's opinion........
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Not single at the moment, but the last guy I dated before that invited me out to dinner with him. He picks me up, instead of going out to a restaurant, or even him cooking anything at home... we just go to his house. His understanding of "getting something to eat" must have been a secret code for him thinking I'd just go to his house and S his D. He also was inquiring about how soon I'd be able to get him a discount on motorcycle parts for his bike (I work for a parts manufacturer). I got out of there REAL quick.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I was lucky - I met my lovely husband through POF believe it or not. But I had to kiss a LOT of toads first.

I have a profile on POF and you aren't kidding about the toads lol
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Two words...

Passion Party
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    The crazy part is that a lot of the bad dates that women described (showing up drunk, wanting sex, etc) would seem like a great time from the male point of view if the roles were reversed.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Been single over two years, no dates, no flings, no casual sex; not a single care was given. I find dating annoying.

No sex at all?? :noway: :noway:

Zip, none, nada. Kinda funny...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Been single over two years, no dates, no flings, no casual sex; not a single care was given. I find dating annoying.

No sex at all?? :noway: :noway:

Zip, none, nada. Kinda funny...

do you even MFP?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    dating is terrible, I am going to stay single forever
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options
    I just want to know where to meet quality guys when you're living somewhere suburban, hit the gym at "mom" time, not interested in the bar scene, and would love someone gainfully employed, in my age range, fitness-minded, straight, unmarried, and preferably with kids. Muscles and tattoos preferred.

I've tired a few online sites with no luck. All my friends are married. Sigh.

My fiance is all of that (except maybe not in your age range--he's 41). Unfortunately, he also comes with a crazy ex-wife. Seriously. I love him, though, and put up with her for him and the boys :smile:
  • PSULions2008
    Options
    I think it's pretty widely known that POF = NSA sex. Match = Looking to settle down. I have some great stories about POF "dates" that were nothing more than a girl coming over at midnight and leaving by 2am.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I just want to know where to meet quality guys when you're living somewhere suburban, hit the gym at "mom" time, not interested in the bar scene, and would love someone gainfully employed, in my age range, fitness-minded, straight, unmarried, and preferably with kids. Muscles and tattoos preferred.

I've tired a few online sites with no luck. All my friends are married. Sigh.

My fiance is all of that (except maybe not in your age range--he's 41). Unfortunately, he also comes with a crazy ex-wife. Seriously. I love him, though, and put up with her for him and the boys :smile:

35-45, and I'll even put up with an ex-wife! But I'm picky, so that's eliminated a lot. At this point in my life, I don't want a fling, and I don't want to settle.
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    dating is terrible, I am going to stay single forever

^^This. Lol.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Im single too, its not the old taboo like it used to be that single means you're undesirable it simply means that you haven't met the right person yet,,,

I have been on some disatrous dates and been stuck in an unhappy relationship so now I embrace it, :smile:

been single ROCKS! lol

~Charlie