Not bothering to date.. Its all frankly worrying..

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    In my dating years, the one that stands out is the guy who called himself 'athletic' on his profile, then turned out to be a good 50 lbs overweight. :frown:

Then there was the one who practically raped me. Thank God he finally took no for an answer, but it frightened me badly. He texted me 3 minutes later to tell me what a good time he had had. I blocked his texts and made sure my door was securely locked from then on out.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    north of the UK
    Well, there's your issue :P.
    Browsing MFP, it's noticeable that there aren't really many ladies that 'interest' me locally - if expand to Leeds/Manchester, it's better.
    I did online dating and I put a photo of myself with no make up on, sweaty and my hair a mess after a spin class the day I joined. I seemed to get a great response from decent guys who were intelligent and really nice. They all said they thought that was the best photo of me.
    Personally I don't like the 'plastic' make up look and generally I'm much more attracted to women looking 'naturally' beautiful.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    been single for a year now since a looooong relationship.....went on probably 5 dates from online dating.......3 of them were easily 50 lbs heavier then there pics....2 i didnt even recognize.......1 talked about her miscarriage and how her ex bf was happy about it and how she just got poison ivy in and around her vag.....and 1 who i ended up dating for a month and was crazy.....ive almost come to find out if a girl is on a dating site theres a reason.

I think this is why most normal guys steer clear from online dating. So many women be fraudin' on those dating sites.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Another guy was okay, things seemed to be going well until I bent over to pick something up one day and he spanked me with my hairbrush really hard whilst shouting "who's your Daddy"! Alright, we all like a bit of slap and tickle but OUCH!! and you are certainly not my 'Daddy'....oh and he wanted to watch me wee too....that was pretty much a dealbreaker....

:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    been single for a year now since a looooong relationship.....went on probably 5 dates from online dating.......3 of them were easily 50 lbs heavier then there pics....2 i didnt even recognize.......1 talked about her miscarriage and how her ex bf was happy about it and how she just got poison ivy in and around her vag.....and 1 who i ended up dating for a month and was crazy.....ive almost come to find out if a girl is on a dating site theres a reason.
    You know, I've been on dating sites in the past -- was a young, single mother, full time job, just not meeting anyone any other way -- and I'm pretty sane and normal, not especially overweight, smart, educated, can cook, pretty much the whole deal. And I barely got any attention.

Maybe the problem isn't the women on the sites so much as the women who men pay attention to on the sites.

Amen Sister!!! Totally this ^^ IMO
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    WOW!!:noway:

All of these stories are NUTS (Funny but NUTS!) I got married in 1990 and the last "Bad" date I had before getting married ended with me waking up and the girl sitting in a chair next to the bed just staring at me saying "I just like watching you sleep"... NO I did not marry her:laugh:
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You know, I've been on dating sites in the past -- was a young, single mother, full time job, just not meeting anyone any other way -- and I'm pretty sane and normal, not especially overweight, smart, educated, can cook, pretty much the whole deal. And I barely got any attention.

Maybe the problem isn't the women on the sites so much as the women who men pay attention to on the sites.

i didnt mean to say all its just from my experiences im sure there are great people out there
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love to travel, so when I went on a date with a guy who told me he didn't think he would be comfortable leaving the country (U.S.) and didn't see the point in it, I knew that was a dealbreaker!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Lol, wow...
    Where are you finding these people? haha.

Just so I know to stay away :P

MFP...:indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

No, I retain my dating to the north of the UK, but starting to think expanding to Craigslist might help..

Aha, it all makes sense now...come on down to London, there's some cute (normal) guys down here!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

i didnt mean to say all its just from my experiences im sure there are great people out there
    I love my best friend to death. I'v eknown her forever. She's a beautiful person, but she has some serious issues from childhood and while she's straight, she basically has no respect for and really doesn't like men. She treats them terribly. She's twice divorced.

She started Internet dating and had 100 messages her first day on the site.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

I can see both sides...there are some women on there that are Bat Guano Crazy...and then there are the career women who prefer not to meet a man in a bar...and don't really have any other social circles in which to do so..they are also typically the ones with "boring" profiles so I don't think men typically pay attention.

I had a friend just sign up for online dating..she is educated, has a great career, physically active and attractive, but she has gotten about 3 responses in 6 months..why?? Because she doesn't have pictures of herself out with girlfriends, or partying it up (Just my opinion). She is straightforward in what she's looking for and relationship expectations...and I don't think many men on the sites take those profiles seriously..
  • rml_16
    Options

I can see both sides...there are some women on there that are Bat Guano Crazy...and then there are the career women who prefer not to meet a man in a bar...and don't really have any other social circles in which to do so..they are also typically the ones with "boring" profiles so I don't think men typically pay attention.

I had a friend just sign up for online dating..she is educated, has a great career, physically active and attractive, but she has gotten about 3 responses in 6 months..why?? Because she doesn't have pictures of herself out with girlfriends, or partying it up (Just my opinion). She is straightforward in what she's looking for and relationship expectations...and I don't think many men on the sights take those profiles seriously..
    Probably so. My friend who I mentioned who had so many messages from the start is a hard-core drinker. She bartends for a living and while she's super smart (practically genius-level IQ), she tends to hide that.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I just want to know where to meet quality guys when you're living somewhere suburban, hit the gym at "mom" time, not interested in the bar scene, and would love someone gainfully employed, in my age range, fitness-minded, straight, unmarried, and preferably with kids. Muscles and tattoos preferred.

I've tired a few online sites with no luck. All my friends are married. Sigh.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    I went out with a man who on the second date told me he had once summoned Satan and failed 11th grade from smoking too much weed.

:noway: :laugh:
  • rml_16
    Options
    I just want to know where to meet quality guys when you're living somewhere suburban, hit the gym at "mom" time, not interested in the bar scene, and would love someone gainfully employed, in my age range, fitness-minded, straight, unmarried, and preferably with kids. Muscles and tattoos preferred.

Are there running groups or anything in town?

I really and honestly don't have an answer for you. I am not much of a bar person, but that's where I was when I met my SO and I met previous SOs in bars, but I was in my 20s. It isn't easy once you're out of school.

Do any of your married friends know any single/divorced guys they can hook you up with?
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Oh my. :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you pick up really interesting guys. Did you use a site to find them? If you use online dating sites you can really talk to them and get to know them a bit before deciding to go on a date with them. Also, sites like meetup.com can just generally get you out there more with people who have the same interests as you, not even for dating but I've met a lot of really cool new friends through there.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

I really and honestly don't have an answer for you. I am not much of a bar person, but that's where I was when I met my SO and I met previous SOs in bars, but I was in my 20s. It isn't easy once you're out of school.

Do any of your married friends know any single/divorced guys they can hook you up with?

No running groups that I've seen. I am involved with a big group, but it's regional, so no one near by. I've been set up on a few blind dates, but no spark so far.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    I was lucky - I met my lovely husband through POF believe it or not. But I had to kiss a LOT of toads first.
  • rml_16
    Options

No running groups that I've seen. I am involved with a big group, but it's regional, so no one near by. I've been set up on a few blind dates, but no spark so far.
    I do feel for you. Good luck!