• NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    In for the gifs......
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    So this is where all the Food Industry Shills are! :drinker:

OP, that's about how I look at eating now. I decided that I can't live the rest of my life, however short that is, without foods I enjoy.
    tumblr_mtrfckz9ph1sj3oxho1_250.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    :drinker: cutting and the only junk I can fit in is twizzlers, juice, hamburger buns, some fries if I'm lucky.

I can def fit more junk at maintenance cals.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    For me it's like spending money with a limited budget. Do I wanna blow my wad on a supersized meal or stretch it and get more nutrients for my money. I can eat lean protein and some vegies and still have some to spend on my big bag of microwave popcorn at the end of the day. Or a handful of peanuts. I love doritoes but the short lived pleasure for my tastebuds sometimes isn't worth eating what is good fuel. :bigsmile:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm eating parmasen breadsticks for breakfast. Cause yum.

To balance this dinner will be Pablo breaded chicken breasts, green beans, and sweet potato. As blowing half my day on breadsticks worth it?

Yes. Yes it was.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have found that now, because I budget my "bad" food, I take time to enjoy those 200-300 cals. I truly savor the treats instead of binge on them. This method has helped me develop what I feel to be a healthier relationship with what I eat.

I really agree with this...I am an "edge of the grocery store" shopper - fruit, meat, veg, etc.. so when I DO eat Doritos or ice cream or potoato chips or fries (usually once or twice a week) it is quite a happy moment!

ETA: now i need fries...see ya in the drive thru! LOL
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The old adage 'everything in moderation' springs to mind. Life is too short to be beating yourself up/ fighting your cravings over our food intake. Get your 5 a day sure, but if you fancy the odd cake - go for it! Just allow for it in your calorie intake. It's not rocket science. I hardly think when we're on our deathbeds our thoughts will be 'I should have ate more/less cake' - don't sweat the small stuff. Love. Live. Give.
    Unless the cake brings you to your deathbed early.

Well... if it is arsenic laced... maybe...

but I have a feeling that all the other evils in this world will probably get to me before the cake will. lol
    Maybe, but most people who die in this country die from heart disease and cancer. Look at this info from the CDC; most of the diseases people die from are diet related illnesses. These are some of the same illnesses that have been successfully treated with proper diet.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    You are the motivation I needed today! thank you and great job! :flowerforyou:
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I quickly found that while I love those processed and sweet foods, they sucked my calorie limit for the day by noon!

I do this all the time... nothing a brisk 5k can't fix later that day! : )
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

I quickly found that while I love those processed and sweet foods, they sucked my calorie limit for the day by noon!
    Exactly.

Why only quote a portion of what she said...that can be very misleading...I have read your profile, and your other posts..and I think it's wonderful that you have found what works for you..this is what works for her...personally if I cut all animal products out of my diet I would straight up kill someone. I do exactly what the OP is talking about. I've cut back on my "bad" food but I still allow treats....ooh look peanut butter...and I find I feel great, I am less likely to blow my calorie goal completely, and no one in my home is afraid to talk to mommy cuz she's hangry..

I find it rather amusing you wish to judge the OP (and me) for our choices, but put others on ignore when they don't like yours. Personally I don't care what you eat, how you get your calories, if you drink dog urine because you think it makes your skin glow...Do your thing..let me do mine..no judgment, no worries.
  • Collier78
    Options

akFbAbw.gif

this gif took me to a happy place. :flowerforyou:

BK7hE8h.gif
    Both of these gifs got me where I needed to be.. :devil:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Love this post so much!!

That's exactly how I feel and how I "live" now. I have lost 100 lb as of today, from my all-time highest weight. When I was stuck in the 260-270 weight range for about 10 yrs, I didn't even diet...because to me that meant an unhappy, unrealistic life of salads, steamed veggies & grilled chicken that I knew I couldn't sustain long term.

Although I made 45 lb of changes on my own (mainly through exercise)...this last 55 lb has been all from calorie counting and SLOWLY eating healthier/cleaner through learning more about nutrition, not just to "cut back".
  • Rocbola
    Options

Exactly.

Why only quote a portion of what she said...that can be very misleading.
    Cause that's the part i'm agreeing with and responding to.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    The old adage 'everything in moderation' springs to mind. Life is too short to be beating yourself up/ fighting your cravings over our food intake. Get your 5 a day sure, but if you fancy the odd cake - go for it! Just allow for it in your calorie intake. It's not rocket science. I hardly think when we're on our deathbeds our thoughts will be 'I should have ate more/less cake' - don't sweat the small stuff. Love. Live. Give.

but I have a feeling that all the other evils in this world will probably get to me before the cake will. lol
    Maybe, but most people who die in this country die from heart disease and cancer. Look at this info from the CDC; most of the diseases people die from are diet related illnesses. These are some of the same illnesses that have been successfully treated with proper diet.

Just because they COULD be diet related, doesn't mean they are. I knew someone who died of lung cancer that never smoked, yet smoking is linked to lung cancer.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I am bulking at 2900 calories per day. Love my huge bowl of ice cream every night, eating a burger or two almost every day. Heck, basically eating as much of pretty much anything I want.

JGeIB9M.jpg
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

Just because they COULD be diet related, doesn't mean they are. I knew someone who died of lung cancer that never smoked, yet smoking is linked to lung cancer.

Some find this a foreign concept...correlation does not imply causation

kT3R4Bc.gif
  • Collier78
    Options

Exactly.

Why only quote a portion of what she said...that can be very misleading.
    Cause that's the part i'm agreeing with and responding to.

The way your brain works intrigues me...When you get a colon blockage or diverticulitis from all the nuts and seeds...same way cake would kill me...and it kills you..please donate your brain to me for study?? Pretty please?? :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Rocbola
    Options

You can't burn off food chemicals with running, just calories.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

Dude, you make vegans look bad. Just stop. We got it.

You are like the Westboro Church of Veganism
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

lXrPp.gif

Wait...wut?