Losing weight in my buttox? NOT GOOD

Options
123457»

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha
    I'm so annoyed with these weightlifting yuppies.
    If you don't want stamina for **** go ahead ..
    Otherwise do Pilates and stick with some cardio(it's amazing how well it tones your body).

=experience/track runner.

Huh. I ran track, too, and we did squats, leg curls, and leg extensions. But yeah, weights totally don't have any place in running, let alone helping someone get a butt.

OP: Squats. Lunges. Hip thrusts. Glute bridges.

Where did the OP say that her goal was to build more stamina or to be a better runner?

What part of me specifically quoting and addressing someone, than specifying the OP in another statement, did you not understand?

You didn't get the memo about ignoring posts that troll for controversy by introducing an irrelevant topic?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha
    I'm so annoyed with these weightlifting yuppies.
    If you don't want stamina for **** go ahead ..
    Otherwise do Pilates and stick with some cardio(it's amazing how well it tones your body).

=experience/track runner.

Huh. I ran track, too, and we did squats, leg curls, and leg extensions. But yeah, weights totally don't have any place in running, let alone helping someone get a butt.

OP: Squats. Lunges. Hip thrusts. Glute bridges.

Where did the OP say that her goal was to build more stamina or to be a better runner?

What part of me specifically quoting and addressing someone, than specifying the OP in another statement, did you not understand?

You didn't get the memo about ignoring posts that troll for controversy by introducing an irrelevant topic?

That's why I responded to OP, keeping it relevant; I like to disprove misinformation when I can, as well. You going after me about the comment (repeatedly) sure doesn't seem relevant to the topic, though.

Your vitriol certainly seems a bit out of left field, but I don't know what's going in your pictures, so I'm going to let it slide.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yup! I had the same issue. I would do 60 minutes of cardio a session at one pace. I now do 15-20 minutes of treadmill ( because thats the cardio of choice for this month--trying to get my speed up) and I do an HIIT routine.

I'm telling you the cardio cut back plus strength training has BUILT me a butt. I started adding in squat variations, lunge variations, deadlifts ( on occasion--should do more), donkey kicks ( weighted standing and unweighted kneeling), fire hydrants, hip thrusters ( weighted and unweighted, one legged, etc).

Try to lift but if you don't want to lift weights… do the RIGHT exercises with your body weight and that will be a good start!
  • PersonalTrainerAndy
    Options
    excellent! Im in buffalo if you ever need help
  • marshxomellow
    Options
    When I first started losing weight this year my breasts got smaller. Well my weight stalled and then I started losing more weight and my breasts got bigger!!!:laugh: I love cardio and weight resistance training!
  • ashley8156
    ashley8156 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You will get lots of recommendations to do squats and lunges which is good. However, when I used to speed skate I had huge glutes. Both speed skaters and figure skaters have big glutes. I would suggest doing some of your cardio in the form of roller blading.

I LOVE roller skating!! Thanks!
  • ashley8156
    ashley8156 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    And also thanks everyone for the advice….. haha
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    bump
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Are you talkin a little perkier or talking turning a sack of deli meat into 10 lb ham hocks?

The butt, and by proxy the hams and quads, is a huge calorie sink that can hold a lot of weight. No amount of doing exercises that work (of which there are many) is going to do anything other than a slight perk up without the calories. Bare minimum maintenance calories (which will be slow and barely effective), but a small surplus will work much better. Still expect it to take quite some time, muscle gain is a slow progress; the difference between a pancake and dayuuum is quite a few pounds.

That said I don't think standard squatting is the best. Hyperextension exercises (hip thrusts, exaggerated RDL's, bird dogs, hill sprints, etc...) seem to hit the glutes much better than extension exercises. But for squatting type motions, single leg work is a little better than bipedal work, the glute medius plays a major role in single leg balance, it gets far more work with single leg work and plays a big role in shape (pistol squats and deep step ups, weighted or unweighted, are examples of single leg squatting motions).
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting (especially squats!) + elliptical for your cardio = fabulous @*kitten*.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    That was happening to me too! These guys are right cut back on the cardio and start lifting. Deadlifts don't seem like much but boy do they get your "bubble" back

DEADLIFTS baby!
  • Maryam4eva
    Maryam4eva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Like what everybody are saying Squat etc and there is also herbs that can help...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Like what everybody are saying Squat etc and there is also herbs that can help...

Like what?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Like what?

Might be talking about yohimbine. Which isn't really a "herb" but a bark. It's got serious pharmaco active properties for selective fat loss (and erections, giggity) ... As an extra, it potentiates severe anxiety, manic psychosis and suicidal thoughts in some.

Not recommended.

http://examine.com/supplements/Yohimbine/