Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

150 lbs in one year, my story so far.. with pics

Replies

• jax71868
    jax71868 Posts: 15 Member
    Congratulations!! What an inspiring story.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Congrats, that's awesome!! Well done.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    FANTASTIC!!! Your story is definitely one for the books!! Congrats!!
  • Deven, your story brought tears to my eyes. You give new meaning to the word "awesome." Thank you for the hope and the good example.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Fantastic!! Way to kick *kitten* for yourself! Good luck with the goals for 2014 and enjoy the 199 when it happens...I cried on the scale as only one year earlier I would have never dreamed my weight could start with a "1". Go out and get it!!
  • Deven, all I can say is, "Wow! Good. For. You!" You deserve all of your success. Thank you for inspiring me. Onward and upward!
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Thats AMAZING!! Great Job! :)
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Congrats! Amazing story, I am so proud of you. You look amazing and I am sure you feel just as FABULOUS. Job well done. :-)
  • mom2boxerdogs
    mom2boxerdogs Posts: 22 Member
    Amazing stories like yours is why I won't give up. My metabolism is broken, but I keep trying anyway. You are beautiful!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Dude! That is sick! You're an incredible success story. I'd be honored if you would add me as a MFP friend. KEEP KICKING *kitten*!!!

Love this!!! I'm getting bro love chills. That is not a sarcastic comment, either lol.

Also, way to be awesome and take CONTROL of a daunting health/body situation, OP!!! You rock!!
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Excellent and a vision to everyone about life. Well done. Merry Christmas. Hodgie x
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Very well written story and so inspirational, congratulations on your results and for getting your life back in your hands - you are amazing.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    What a wonderful, inspirational story. I am so glad for you! you look amazing! This is such an incredible success story, I think everyone should read it!
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    awesome work, your doing amazing. well done
  • sbaldino29
    sbaldino29 Posts: 38 Member
    You are truly inspiring! Congratulations on your hard work... keep it up :smile:
  • mhopp71
    mhopp71 Posts: 46 Member
    Praise the Lord for your victory! I too have beaten addiction. Mine was to meth, coke, and tons of beer. Don't miss it a bit. Congrats and GREAT WORK!!!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Im blown away by all the responses. Thank you all very much, i never thought my story would speak to so many people.
  • Andrea1877
    Andrea1877 Posts: 17 Member
    A BIG Congratulations to you... quitting smoking and your determination to get healthy is so inspiring! I'm in awe of you and all your hard work :) Thanks for sharing with us !!
  • btwinkles
    btwinkles Posts: 54 Member
    Your story is awesome!!! What you did took a lot of courage!! Go you!!! Congrats!!:smokin:
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Great story, and thanks for the Friend Accept.

As I said in my intro, I've been going through a very similar journey. Down about 120 or so at the moment. I started around 346 (375 was my highest some years back). When I was trying to weigh myself at my highest, I couldn't find a scale that went high enough (the doctor counter/balance scale we had at work only went to 350)....so I ended up staying late at work one night to weigh on the cargo scales when no one was there to see (375 at that time).

My A1C when I started (my endocrinologist was trying to push me down the gastric bypass route) was over 10%. As of the last bloodwork my A1C was 5.7% and I've been off insulin for 8-9 months.

I also got into cycling....although I was doing that before losing the weight. It was my go-to for trying to lose weight...it wasn't until I realized it was my diet that was the problem not the exercise (at least not as much).

Anyway....glad to read your story. It was inspiring. I hope we can motivate each other. I'd like to run the Spartan race next year too. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!