150 lbs in one year, my story so far.. with pics

Replies

• kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Great story, and thanks for the Friend Accept.

As I said in my intro, I've been going through a very similar journey. Down about 120 or so at the moment. I started around 346 (375 was my highest some years back). When I was trying to weigh myself at my highest, I couldn't find a scale that went high enough (the doctor counter/balance scale we had at work only went to 350)....so I ended up staying late at work one night to weigh on the cargo scales when no one was there to see (375 at that time).

My A1C when I started (my endocrinologist was trying to push me down the gastric bypass route) was over 10%. As of the last bloodwork my A1C was 5.7% and I've been off insulin for 8-9 months.

I also got into cycling....although I was doing that before losing the weight. It was my go-to for trying to lose weight...it wasn't until I realized it was my diet that was the problem not the exercise (at least not as much).

Anyway....glad to read your story. It was inspiring. I hope we can motivate each other. I'd like to run the Spartan race next year too. :)
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    You are a true champion! Congratulations on your weight loss, you look amazing! Such an inspiration too many!
  • paultireland
    paultireland Posts: 285 Member
    Thank you for your inspirational story. I get discouraged sometimes when I think about having to lose 140 pounds to reach my goal, but you lost even more. My reward when I get under 200lbs is to go sky diving again. I did it years ago and have wanted to do it again ever since but the weight-limit is 200lbs. I do the 6 hour class because I don't want to do a tandem jump.
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    You are a machine! Your transformation is spectacular and motivates me to deep dedicated and focused on the goal. You must feel like a new man.

I don't know you personally but I'm proud of you just the same.

Way to go.
  • Thanks for your inspiring story. God bless you as you continue your fitness journey and Merry Christmas!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    What an incredible share! Congratulations on ALL your successes!!
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    What a great story. So proud of you and happy for you. You have completely changed your life! KUDOS!!
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    That's insane bro, I gotta quit smoking!
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Such an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing.
    You have come so far, and it doesn't look like you're stopping anytime soon either! Congratulations :)
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    You really are amazing and should be very proud of yourself and your weight loss. Congrats!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    You brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for posting. Great work and happy and healthy 2014!
  • whhth
    whhth Posts: 10 Member
    Awesome Job!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Wow!!!!! What an awesome job!
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Congratulations. You look AWESOME. Your smile says it all.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Amazing! Awesome job!
  • congrats you look great!
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    This is an amazing transformation - not just appearance-wise, but health-wise.
    Well done, sir. :flowerforyou:
  • urwhaturnot
    urwhaturnot Posts: 53 Member
    Thank you for sharing your journey. You are definitely an inspiration to all of us.
  • Jaydec70
    Jaydec70 Posts: 63 Member
    A wonderful inspiring triumph. Alot of what you say resonates. Thank you for sharing!
  • I can atest that fitpal is the best. I lost 18 pounds over 93 days. My doctor suggested I should lose weight because I have dia betes on both sides of my family as well as fibroids. When she suggested this I weighed 170. She asked that I drop down to 154, since that is my ideal weight for my height. Today I weighed in at 152.8. Now its just about maintance. Thanks my fitness pal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!