150 lbs in one year, my story so far.. with pics

Replies

• sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    What an inspiring story! Thanks for sharing and congrats on taking your life into your own hands!
  • Amazing job! Way to go!
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing - and for inspiring so many with your hard work!!
  • Fantastic! Well done!
  • The_Fat_Friend
    The_Fat_Friend Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you for sharing! I wish you continued success and enjoy this new life you have carved out for yourself - you deserve it!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Amazing story, you should be so proud!!!

I am interested to know though, what dietary changes you made? What did you find a love for, and what do you now avoid at all costs?? Just curious!

Well done again!

At first we dropped my calories to 1300 for 4 weeks, this was to kick start my metabolism. We gradually increased to where I am now 1900 on cardio days and 2500 on weight training days, 2200 on Sundays for a rest day. My macros are 50% carbs 20% fat and 30% protein, I try to eat as natural and "clean" as I can.. and not because eating clean is "better" its just because I wanted to do the exact opposite of what I always have. I still enjoy a pizza once in a while, or cookies or really anything I want, as long as its done in moderation. I LOVE kale, I used to think it was a fish a year ago LOL. I also have grown to love fat free greek yogurt in the morning as part of a post workout smoothie. The only food I will absolutely avoid at all costs would probably be Chinese food, cause... ew.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    ...or really anything I want, as long as its done in moderation.

THIS is the key, right here folks!! GREAT JOB, CONGRATULATIONS and just WOW!!!.... way to go man. Super proud of you!!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    WOW. Just wow. :noway: :drinker:
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Way to turn it all around. Kudos.
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Thank you for taking the initiative to take care of yourself! You have worked so hard-I'm excited for you!!!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    WOW - AMAZING!!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    What an inspiration! Giving up was not an option for you, and I hope others reading your story gather their courage, and strength to accomplish the same for themselves. Stories like yours are what stokes my inner fire for the changes I working towards. Thank you.... from the bottom of my heart thank you for sharing your story!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Fantastic job!
  • Incredible story! Very inspiring. Congrats for sticking with it and not taking the easy way out...
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    What an inspirational story and a fantastic transformation! Congratulations and best of luck with your 2014 goals.
  • What a freaking inspiration!!!!!!
  • MarkieMarko
    MarkieMarko Posts: 17 Member
    Amazing,,way to go, very well wrote felt I was with you great inspiration - hopefully soon will have my own success story to share good going ^^.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Seriously amazing job! Great work!!!
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Thanks for sharing !
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Amazing story. Great job!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!