If you don't have a beard, stay out...

Options

Replies

• smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    No. My wife likes the way my natural beard feels on her thighs.
    funny she said the same thing to me
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    No. My wife likes the way my natural beard feels on her thighs.

wow, that made me woozy

think it's time for someone to grow out his goatee
  • lpshizza
    lpshizza Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Use Wen as a leave in....should soften it right up
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    3 inches you say..... my vote is to shave :D

What shave this?

Beard_zps6fc109b5.jpg

Pffttttt
    lol yessssssss that shave it lol
  • GuateMamaX2
    Options
    My husband's beard was LONG when he had to shave to go back to being a paramedic/firefighter. I cried. He used shampoo and conditioner in it!

I love beards.... I miss it. :(
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of trying to trim my beard with hair clippers. It didn't work, it looked scruffy. I had to shave it off. I'm sad.
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Conditioner is a must for maintaining a well groomed beard.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Being a Man, of course I'm not bright enough to properly groom myself.

About every couple weeks my youngest daughter takes it upon herself to straddle me on the couch, while I'm trying to watch television, and tweeze, pluck and clip my beard, nose hair, ear hair and neck hair.

Seem's like I can grow hair everywhere but the top of my head. If she didn't get my ears, they would be like curb feelers (for those of you old enough to know what curb feelers were).
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I moustache you a question...my beard is getting to be about two-three inches long. Do any of you use conditioner?

First, size doesn't matter.

Second, I wash and condition my beard daily. It can dry out.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I have grown a full beard for Christmas (what? I want to look like Santa...) but have had a goatee for much longer...

I would say:

a) Let it grow sufficiently before clipping
    b) then clip using a decent beard trimmer
    c) when you are in the shower washing your hair use the same shampoo / conditioner on your beard
    d) when you are moisturising your skin then use a little on the beard as well
    e) tell people to keep their grubby hands off it - it seems like if you have a nice beard people think it is public property and try to stroke it without prior permission!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I comb mine all the time. It is getting longer and looks a little ratty. WIll try conditioner and let you know. It's longer now than in my pic.
    Tried conditioner in my beard today and made it soft, but I still have to comb it. lol
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think i look horrible with a long beard. But always have one, keep it trimmed and cleaned up.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I comb mine all the time. It is getting longer and looks a little ratty. WIll try conditioner and let you know. It's longer now than in my pic.
    Tried conditioner in my beard today and made it soft, but I still have to comb it. lol

I tried some conditioner this morning and brushed it as normal. I think I'm going to look for some type of oil that is good for it. I don't really care to put olive oil on it as it would likely make me hungry from smelling that scent. So need something that has no scent or something that smells clean.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

Honest Amish...I wonder if that Amish guy has a big butt.
  • tomspearsix
    tomspearsix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just use shampoo but in for ideas to get it softer.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I use Moroccan Argan Oil on my head. And I have super soft hair. And it smells awesome. But I prefer clean cut. My sensitive skin chafes :(
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I moustache you a question...my beard is getting to be about two-three inches long. Do any of you use conditioner? I see that it's getting a little dry. I do have to brush my beard every morning which by the way brings me great pleasure.

I may or may not have called myself a handsome beast this morning, but that's beside the point. Please, share your caveman secrets.

If you have a beard *nods head* in approval.

89952-master-strokes-beard-gif-Kill-bdei.gif

That is damn sexy.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    3 inches you say..... my vote is to shave :D

So size does matter?
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I use shampoo only on mine. Only real use I have for shampoo as I am pretty much bald!