How is it prisoners build muscles on junk no macro watching

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I think your definitions of what's healthy and what's not are too rigid. But you do need to clarify your goals so you can determine what the appropriate amount of calories you should eat to get to where you want to be.

Edit: If that is your goal, then you can simply use a TDEE calculator and eat about 20% less than the number given for a month or two while consistently using a digital food scale for everything you eat. As long as you eat below your maintenance, you're going to reduce fat mass. After you drop your body fat percentage, if you aren't satisfied with the shape of your butt, then you can possibly consider doing a bulk to increase muscle to your glutes.

SCREW TDEE!!! I TRIED THAT AND IT DIDN'T WORK.... IT MADE ME GAIN WEIGHT! NOW IJUST COUNT CALS AND I LOSE WEIGHT EVERY WEEK.,

How were you doing TDEE that you didn't count calories?

I tried that and it didn't work. I gained weight. Now I eat 1500 cals a day never mind exercise cals and I lose 1 - 2 lbs a week. even thought my tdee is 1800 ish.

I just looked at your diary for today....36 billion calories..in rum......I iz impressed.

it was a joke I c hanged it

Oh, I am glad you told me otherwise I would have thought it was serious.

oh WOW YOU LOST A WHOLE POUND! iM SO GLAD PEOPLE TAK E WEIGHT LOSS ADVICE FROM YOU

First - she has 1lb to go, not has lost 1lb.

Second - you just tried to insult one of the more knowledgeable people on MFP. Her and Sidesteel's Eat, Train, Progress group has even been recognized and tagged by MFP due to their knowledge, support, and positive influence.

Third - If anyone can help you understand bulking and cutting (not just from research but from experience) - it'd be Sara.

And last, just to throw it out there, Sara holds 2 state APA records for powerlifting (one being for a 325lb deadlift)...from her 1st ever Powerlifting competition.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1137702-sara-s-first-powerlifting-competition-pics-and-vids

So...

oh wow. 1.8 lbs lost what a freaking challenge!!

What was that about going to bed before you made more of a fool of yourself?

As I said, but the alcohol seems to be giving you brain derp....I lost more than that. However, that is pretty irrelevant to someone's knowledge.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Based on what you have written and your goals - you should not be bulking.

Eat at a reasonable caloric deficit and do a good progressive loading strength training routine.

I f logging stresses you - then don't do it (your results mat not be 'optimal, but they can be beneficial). Focus on getting plenty of protein. If you are worried about getting enough calories - use oils and eat nuts and full fat dairy to top up your intake..and of course some ice cream (assuming you generally have a good amount of nutrient dense foods also).

Thank you! I was sooo confused ! Lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I think your definitions of what's healthy and what's not are too rigid. But you do need to clarify your goals so you can determine what the appropriate amount of calories you should eat to get to where you want to be.

Edit: If that is your goal, then you can simply use a TDEE calculator and eat about 20% less than the number given for a month or two while consistently using a digital food scale for everything you eat. As long as you eat below your maintenance, you're going to reduce fat mass. After you drop your body fat percentage, if you aren't satisfied with the shape of your butt, then you can possibly consider doing a bulk to increase muscle to your glutes.

SCREW TDEE!!! I TRIED THAT AND IT DIDN'T WORK.... IT MADE ME GAIN WEIGHT! NOW IJUST COUNT CALS AND I LOSE WEIGHT EVERY WEEK.,

I tried that and it didn't work. I gained weight. Now I eat 1500 cals a day never mind exercise cals and I lose 1 - 2 lbs a week. even thought my tdee is 1800 ish.

I just looked at your diary for today....36 billion calories..in rum......I iz impressed.

oh WOW YOU LOST A WHOLE POUND! iM SO GLAD PEOPLE TAK E WEIGHT LOSS ADVICE FROM YOU

LMFAO...I lost a damn site more than that.. I have bulked since and cut and am now reversing to bulk again.

Maybe you should sober up before you make more of a fool of yourself.

probably

but that's what being drunk means! making a fool of yurslef. better online than in person right!

You just quoted yourself....
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Hi. If you think you might have a drinking problem, I'd be happy to talk with you and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Second - you just tried to insult one of the more knowledgeable people on MFP. Her and Sidesteel's Eat, Train, Progress group has even been recognized and tagged by MFP due to their knowledge, support, and positive influence.

Third - If anyone can help you understand bulking and cutting (not just from research but from experience) - it'd be Sara.

And last, just to throw it out there, Sara holds 2 state APA records for powerlifting (one being for a 325lb deadlift)...from her 1st ever Powerlifting competition.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1137702-sara-s-first-powerlifting-competition-pics-and-vids

So...

"185lbs., a US size 12/14 and with a body fat percentage of goodness knows what – but in hindsight, and looking at my pics, I estimate I was in the mid to high 30’s % as you can see from the pics: "

From her success thread story. She's lost way more than 1.8lbs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics

,Well then she should update her ticker

On my lawdy...I did.....to reflect my current situation, which I told you about twice /smh

And as I already said....it's not even relevant.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

LMFAO...I lost a damn site more than that.. I have bulked since and cut and am now reversing to bulk again.

probably

but that's what being drunk means! making a fool of yurslef. better online than in person right!

At least your sober enough to recognize that mouth might get u hurt talking to people like that in they face.

All is forgiven girl. Tomorrow a new day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

So...

As I said, but the alcohol seems to be giving you brain derp....I lost more than that. However, that is pretty irrelevant to someone's knowledge.

your just sour because you cant do better, just relax girl you'll get there

Honey...stop, just stop...
  • Pandora_King
    Options

Hi. If you think you might have a drinking problem, I'd be happy to talk with you and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Hey yes I have a problem tonight for sure. I am happy for the first time in this diet!! thank you booze. oh well will be back to normal tomorrow.
  • Pandora_King
    Options

probably

At least your sober enough to recognize that mouth might get u hurt talking to people like that in they face.

All is forgiven girl. Tomorrow a new day.

YES!! I am much calmer in person but who cares online right?!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Well, if she ever needs legit advice from you, Sara, that'll be awkward. :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

What if they have a dbag problem?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    OP...sorry your thread got hijacked by a drunk derpy derp.

Based on your goals, eat at a reasonable caloric deficit (and you do not need to log if it stresses you out - just get a good amount of protein). I would also recommend focusing on a good progressive loading lifting routine. Do you have access to a gym?
  • Pandora_King
    Options

Well, if she ever needs legit advice from you, Sara, that'll be awkward. :laugh:
    Doesn't compute
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    impressed some of you have the patience of ghandi
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The guys I knew that got a little yolked up while in there used their commissary to buy canned food...chicken and tuna. There is also the contraband from the kitchen that the did workers would smuggle out. A lot of these guys that could afford it ate decently. The ones that couldn't would carb up and with their assess off. Bottom line, prison food is high in starch and contains some extras to lower testosterone and try to call down the population so that they aren't so high strung.

Orly?
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    Whats the smiley face for raspberry face?
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

What if they have a dbag problem?

Then I will intentionally point them in the wrong direction while pretending to point them in the correct direction. I will spend months developing the relationship and winning confidence only to eventually give the Palpatine treatment to them, sending them spinning into a deep depression from which they will likely never recover.

Whoops, tipped my hand.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    impressed some of you have the patience of ghandi

Just trying to get nudez.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    joy why are you trying to post logical things to a drunk person?