A Message For Newbies and MFP Pros Alike

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    That may be the longest rant that's kept my attention. Solid post, OP.
    ^^THIS^^ :drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza is in reference to "jumping on the bandwagon" that many people do on MFP. Search the forums for "Cauliflower" and see what they mean.

You're telling me to use the search function to learn what cauliflower crust pizza is about?

ME???

I've been here since 2011. I am fully aware of the abomination that is cauliflower crust pizza.

That said, its use as an insult weapon in the forums should be more carefully wielded and not just bandied about indiscriminately.

Jon-Stewart-saying-Oh-Snap.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I started reading and I was thinking, "Great. Here we go."

Then changed to, "Pretty well written, OP."

Then some joffing.

I love a good joffing.

High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I started reading and I was thinking, "Great. Here we go."

Then changed to, "Pretty well written, OP."

Then some joffing.

I love a good joffing.

Does joffing hurt? :laugh:

I think that depends. How's your butt? Fine? Then it doesn't hurt. :laugh:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Actually, my post was something of a test...

...to see how OP (and others) would react to the slightest bit of sarcasm wrapped around a valid point...

...with no ill will, but not phrased in the *sunshine and rainbows* way that many would seem to demand.

So far, the results are...interesting.

Ahhh, the superior intellectual who is ALWAYS in control of the forums, testing us and conducting these social experiments. Bending everyone to the ways they please.

Please let us know the results of this study. I've seen TONS of you over the years, but not one bit of data output.
  • Cauliflower crust pizza is in reference to "jumping on the bandwagon" that many people do on MFP. Search the forums for "Cauliflower" and see what they mean.

You're telling me to use the search function to learn what cauliflower crust pizza is about?

ME???

I've been here since 2011. I am fully aware of the abomination that is cauliflower crust pizza.

That said, its use as an insult weapon in the forums should be more carefully wielded and not just bandied about indiscriminately.
    [/quote]

Just because you were a member doesn't mean you were around regularly or reading the forums at that point. You sounded truly lost :)
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza is in reference to "jumping on the bandwagon" that many people do on MFP. Search the forums for "Cauliflower" and see what they mean.

ME???

Just because you were a member doesn't mean you were around regularly or reading the forums at that point. You sounded truly lost :)

Yes...with his 11K posts, I am sure he's very lost. Poor Jof :laugh:

Edited to fix the quotes.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Actually, my post was something of a test...

...to see how OP (and others) would react to the slightest bit of sarcasm wrapped around a valid point...

...with no ill will, but not phrased in the *sunshine and rainbows* way that many would seem to demand.

So far, the results are...interesting.

Ahhh, the superior intellectual who is ALWAYS in control of the forums, testing us and conducting these social experiments. Bending everyone to the ways they please.

Please let us know the results of this study. I've seen TONS of you over the years, but not one bit of data output.

Well, aren't you a peach.

Sore spot?

My own personal test <> study...

...but that's a really common mistake here in the forums. (Perhaps this isn't the first time you've made this mistake?)

And I'm no "superior intellectual" (however you're defining that)...

...I'm just a guy on the forums.

And you are???
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Man! This thread has it all!

Good points
    Bad points
    White Knights
    Black Knights
    Eff you, I'm a dragon!'s
    Butthurt
    Resolution
    Joffing

Throw in a few cat gifs, a smidge of nonsense, a couple of raspberry ketones, and a gif of Santa with a flamethrower and the day is complete!
    yb.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Good points
    Bad points
    White Knights
    Black Knights
    Eff you, I'm a dragon!'s
    Butthurt
    Resolution
    Joffing

Throw in a few cat gifs, a smidge of nonsense, a couple of raspberry ketones, and a gif of Santa with a flamethrower and the day is complete!
    yb.gif

I got the cat gif covered. BAM

tumblr_mg2pxp4drh1s2pi0fo1_250.gif

v5NjWGk.gif
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

Good points
    Bad points
    White Knights
    Black Knights
    Eff you, I'm a dragon!'s
    Butthurt
    Resolution
    Joffing

yb.gif

I got the cat gif covered. BAM

tumblr_mg2pxp4drh1s2pi0fo1_250.gif

v5NjWGk.gif

Barry-Yes.gif
    You always give the best gifs!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • emmasage2u
    emmasage2u Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a returning newbie and I only came on to the "community" section this week and I have learned a lot from all of you. I am now reading "Intuitive Eating" one chapter at a time and have started journaling my "issues" because of what I read here. Thanks for posting. And I loved this one.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Needs moar cat gifs...

1exhcl.jpg
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Laughing at Mother Superior!!

OP - I liked your post. I also started with a pre-new year resolution in 2012 and started logging on 26-27 December and as a result have lost about 20% body fat. We seem to be quite similar there. Again this year, I am going to set my goals (already have) and start my new programme before 1 January.

I think it's par for the course that people start off the year with renewed enthusiasm and then fall off the wagon - I've done it myself many times. We just need to be there to encourage and hope that the ones that really need to will stick around.

Thanks for the post.
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!!.... and congrats on your success....
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Very nice post, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Have a great weekend!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    While I appreciate and I'm sure many do what you say, unfortunately there is no getting away from the flamers. And due to hwo fast the forum moves I bet this will be buried deep somewhere ina f ew days. Set a reminder to yourself to bump it on Jan 1st!

I actually did plan on bumping this on the 1st or 2nd. Hopefully it'll help some people...

Glad to see you plan to do this, great post definitely NOT TL and I DidR
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    This is great, OP :flowerforyou: