I run and never had a problem with
    my butt being too small. Have u tried
    running?

*sighs*

Late as usual, but with that, I'm in
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Okay okay. Let's calm down. Im fat and i apologize for offending anyone. But im not going to get mental help, Im going to get fitness and nutrition help. Oh wait, I already know what to do. Im just gonna do that. I really didn't think my belly was that fat until the pictures today and then what some of you had said. And I can't believe I actually though my *kitten* was the culprit to me fitting my 140lb jeans......It would be nice if ya'll could wish me luck. I want to drop 15lbs by the summer.

Good luck, girlie! And log your food. Do you have the phone app? It's so easy you can copy entire meals you've previously logged to any day you want, build recipes you use frequently and add them easily, and calories from so many restaurant meals are right there in the database. The beginning plan is always successful. It's those days that you go out to eat with friends, people bring in treats at work, or you've have a total $h#% day and don't feel like paying attention to calories that sneak up on you. You can eat a lot of calories whether you're eating "clean" or not. If you truly want to follow the advice you've been given and be successful *this* time around, you have to log your food! Many of us are indeed here because what worked for us in dropping impressive lbs before does not seem to be working anymore. And again, good luck.

And don't throw away what you've accomplished. You've taken the time to learn to lift. You ate yourself to gain weight, we've all been there. Keep the squats to keep your maintain your muscle mass which does more for your health than a big *kitten* or not. Squats had nothing to do with your recent issues. Do not throw out the baby with the bath water :smile:

Thank you for your post! I will still lift but im focusing on weight loss, not gaining strength.

In your case it wouldn't be for strength, it would be to maintain muscle mass (not even gain. You cannot gain muscle in a calorie deficit). You mentioned your age up thread, that, and a calorie restricted diet, the body's natural inclination is to drop muscle in addition to any fat lost. Lifting will help you retain muscle. The stage is already set for you since you know how to lift. So many people who want to lift heavy are too frightened to even step into a weight room but you've done all that! You have all the tools at your disposal; now just use them
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    I uploaded new pics to my profile. Pink shorts were just yesterday and green shorts are today! The difference in pics is astounding and only 1 day in between pics - WTH!!! My thoughts are that my pink shorts SUCK and I was bloated yesterday from eating salty stuff and using my core really hard to shovel snow. Sound about right? Anyways, Im a much happier person today looking at my today's pic :)
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Okay okay. Let's calm down. Im fat and i apologize for offending anyone. But im not going to get mental help, Im going to get fitness and nutrition help. Oh wait, I already know what to do. Im just gonna do that. I really didn't think my belly was that fat until the pictures today and then what some of you had said. And I can't believe I actually though my *kitten* was the culprit to me fitting my 140lb jeans......It would be nice if ya'll could wish me luck. I want to drop 15lbs by the summer.

Good luck, girlie! And log your food. Do you have the phone app? It's so easy you can copy entire meals you've previously logged to any day you want, build recipes you use frequently and add them easily, and calories from so many restaurant meals are right there in the database. The beginning plan is always successful. It's those days that you go out to eat with friends, people bring in treats at work, or you've have a total $h#% day and don't feel like paying attention to calories that sneak up on you. You can eat a lot of calories whether you're eating "clean" or not. If you truly want to follow the advice you've been given and be successful *this* time around, you have to log your food! Many of us are indeed here because what worked for us in dropping impressive lbs before does not seem to be working anymore. And again, good luck.

And don't throw away what you've accomplished. You've taken the time to learn to lift. You ate yourself to gain weight, we've all been there. Keep the squats to keep your maintain your muscle mass which does more for your health than a big *kitten* or not. Squats had nothing to do with your recent issues. Do not throw out the baby with the bath water :smile:

Thank you for your post! I will still lift but im focusing on weight loss, not gaining strength.

In your case it wouldn't be for strength, it would be to maintain muscle mass (not even gain. You cannot gain muscle in a calorie deficit). You mentioned your age up thread, that, and a calorie restricted diet, the body's natural inclination is to drop muscle in addition to any fat lost. Lifting will help you retain muscle. The stage is already set for you since you know how to lift. So many people who want to lift heavy are too frightened to even step into a weight room but you've done all that! You have all the tools at your disposal; now just use them

Not be annoying, but you got this exactly half wrong.

When losing weight, lift for strength. Yes, I said strength. You will get stronger even though you won't gain muscle, and getting stronger is way awesomer than you imagined before it started to happen to you.

During my initial weight loss period, I tried to lift weight to preserve muscle, and I made the dumb mistake of assuming that workouts designed to grow muscle must be the best for preventing muscle loss. Now I'm at my goal weight but instead of bulking and doing muscle building workouts I'm having to address my lack of strength first. I would have preserved just as much muscle on a strength program, plus I would be stronger now and using my strength to convince my muscles to grow faster.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    FFS, you are laying down (and put a sheet on that mattress) and in the other pic you have your arms higher not to mention one hell of a sway in your lower back. How much snow DOES one have to shovel to have *tries to type while laughing* swollen core muscles.

Besides this thread title making me yell 'A dingo ate my baby!' the way it just keeps going sideways is a marvel.

Yes, yes it's the shorts and the jeans. It' s only a matter of time before your shirt turns on you.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

When losing weight, lift for strength. Yes, I said strength. You will get stronger even though you won't gain muscle, and getting stronger is way awesomer than you imagined before it started to happen to you.

During my initial weight loss period, I tried to lift weight to preserve muscle, and I made the dumb mistake of assuming that workouts designed to grow muscle must be the best for preventing muscle loss. Now I'm at my goal weight but instead of bulking and doing muscle building workouts I'm having to address my lack of strength first. I would have preserved just as much muscle on a strength program, plus I would be stronger now and using my strength to convince my muscles to grow faster.

So strength workouts are best for preserving muscle, nice! But if the end goal isn't faster growing muscles, do you still need the strength? ;-)
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

So strength workouts are best for preserving muscle, nice! But if the end goal isn't faster growing muscles, do you still need the strength? ;-)

Only if you'd like to function well. Then there's that nifty bone density benefit.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

Being strong is a pretty sure fire way to increase your enjoyment of everyday activities, avoid injury, age gracefully, and on and on.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I uploaded new pics to my profile. Pink shorts were just yesterday and green shorts are today! The difference in pics is astounding and only 1 day in between pics - WTH!!! My thoughts are that my pink shorts SUCK and I was bloated yesterday from eating salty stuff and using my core really hard to shovel snow. Sound about right? Anyways, Im a much happier person today looking at my today's pic :)

Are you lying down in one of your new pics?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

Only if you'd like to function well. Then there's that nifty bone density benefit.

Well I was hinting at the fact that chicks wouldn't add muscle as quickly as a guy can. So any goals of rapidly bulking up would be somewhere in the neighborhood of moot, wouldn't it? Besides I think we're in to-may-to to-mah-to territory here. If OP is lifting 100 lbs and possibly increasing, it doesn't matter too much what we call it, does it?
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    FFS, you are laying down (and put a sheet on that mattress) and in the other pic you have your arms higher not to mention one hell of a sway in your lower back. How much snow DOES one have to shovel to have *tries to type while laughing* swollen core muscles.

Besides this three title making me yell 'A dingo ate my baby!' the way it just keeps going sideways is a marvel.

Yes, yes it's the shorts and the jeans. It' s only a matter of time before your shirt turns on you.

Yes one pic is laying down -so! The sheet is off because the baby peed the bed last night - so what! (and no i wasn't laying in the pee) And i took another pic to lower my arms as in the pink shorts picture. Been shovelling snow for an hour and a half for the last 3 days - just thought it might cause water retention/swelling in the core area. Not sure what u mean by the sway in my back - pics dont even show my back. And ha ha ha about the shirt remark - not gonna happen though.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

Well I was hinting at the fact that chicks wouldn't add muscle as quickly as a guy can. So any goals of rapidly bulking up would be somewhere in the neighborhood of moot, wouldn't it? Besides I think we're in to-may-to to-mah-to territory here. If OP is lifting 100 lbs and possibly increasing, it doesn't matter too much what we call it, does it?

I have no idea, I think this thread may have shorted out something in my higher reasoning. It's like jumping in mid square dance with a caller who speaks another language.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm going to ask you a serious question. Have you ever been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder? Your interactions with this thread and response behaviors are not healthy. Especially for an adult. I'm not diagnosing you, as we obviously ONLY have this thread to go on. But food for thought.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

I have no idea, I think this thread may have shorted out something in my higher reasoning. It's like jumping in mid square dance with a caller who speaks another language.

:laugh:
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    OP, I'm going to ask you a serious question. Have you ever been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder? Your interactions with this thread and response behaviors are not healthy. Especially for an adult. I'm not diagnosing you, as we obviously ONLY have this thread to go on. But food for thought.

No. What responses are making you think this. Very curious to know.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

Besides this three title making me yell 'A dingo ate my baby!' the way it just keeps going sideways is a marvel.

Yes one pic is laying down -so! The sheet is off because the baby peed the bed last night - so what! (and no i wasn't laying in the pee) And i took another pic to lower my arms as in the pink shorts picture. Been shovelling snow for an hour and a half for the last 3 days - just thought it might cause water retention/swelling in the core area. Not sure what u mean by the sway in my back - pics dont even show my back. And ha ha ha about the shirt remark - not gonna happen though.

Have you tried taking a pic with your right foot in and then your right foot out?
  • VenharBaby
    Options

Have you tried taking a pic with your right foot in and then your right foot out?

Are you gonna be a jerk your whole life?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I run and never had a problem with
    my butt being too small. Have u tried
    running?

*sighs*

Late as usual, but with that, I'm in

bro, you gotta catch up!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I think the point they were trying to make is you are playing around with different poses. Laying on your back will make your stomach look flatter because you are stretching out. Same with holding your arms Over your head. The person mentioned a sway in your back, someone else asked if you had a pelvic tilt in your original pics. It's possible thy is how you naturally stand or you could be posing oddly.
    If you want to compare pictures, take hem standing normally the same way in the same mirror. Otherwise you will get variations.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

*raises hand*