Options

Replies

• somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    tyleroakley-canteven.gif
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    Squats are the worst thing ever. They make your waist look bigger, which destroys the optical illusion of bigger shoulders and a small waist. On a leg day it's better to do half-squats or exercises that don't involve the glutes too much.

You're doing it wrong.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.

Considering this entire thread is about your *kitten*, I don't think you need to tell anyone to "move along." Not very nice. Although after browsing the rest of the responses, I do have to agree that I think there are other more serious issues at hand. Good luck!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    In for stupidity!
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Squats are the worst thing ever. They make your waist look bigger, which destroys the optical illusion of bigger shoulders and a small waist. On a leg day it's better to do half-squats or exercises that don't involve the glutes too much.

:noway: No!

You must be doing them wrong, because my squats work my quads, hammies, and glutes. Primary muscle are the quads. Hip thrusts and kickbacks build more muscle in the glutes, not saying squats do not, but those exercises have the glutes as primary muscle group working.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand where your glutes are.

Lmao!

YeA... She sound very very very silly! LmaoHmmm.. Optical illusion! Lol! Ummm if u got shape no worries... I'll be straight and so are my friends! Lol... Silly one!

Maybe for already number one shapes but for us with hips and such.. Not true! Sorry for your plight.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand where your glutes are.

squats and deads made my waist ever so slightly wider, but the circumference didn't increase. it looks better than before, like my body is tied together by muscle. it looks more.. solid.
    Still, not really the glutes that put width on your hips. I mean, I know I'll never have a slim waist because of the weights I work my deadlift at, and sure maybe my tensor fascia latae are more developed than most, giving me slightly wider hips, but it's not a large muscle group at all.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Would it be crass for me to say "I'd ruin that *kitten*"?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

i have seen some pretty horrible advice on MFP but this one takes the prize….
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I think squats ruined my *kitten*. I've always had a nice bubble butt but now from 3 months of squats 3 times a week getting up to 100lbs 3X5 I don't even fit my jeans and I just got this big round thing for a behind. I don't like it. Maybe lunges will do more what im looking for? Leaner hammies and get my small, regular bum back?

I don't think you understand what a bubble butt is.

bubble-butt.jpg

Nothing small or regular about it.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I don't care what guys think. I don't want a body with a big *kitten*, period. There are other exercises i can do that target the thighs and hammies. My *kitten* was fine before squatting, especially when i was 15lbs lighter. I have really nice jeans that i can't wear because of this squat *kitten*.

Why would you post a topic asking what everyone thinks and then tell everyone you don't care what they think?

don't miss the "when I was 15 pounds lighter" hint.

Sounds like someone should drop some pounds. ;)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

No, they are not the worse thing ever. Heavy squats and deads *may* thicken your waist just a bit as they also work your core (but that's the same for anything that works your core), but telling someone to do half-squats is just bad advice. You know what give the 'illusion' of a smaller waist?...a bigger butt and broader shoulders - so just make sure you have a balanced routine.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    The first one is gross, the one at 25% looks perfect to me

80707362_o_zps515dfba2.gif

What? I just did a straw poll in the office and this was the view of every guy except 1, who preferred 30% but still said 10-12% was not visually appealling lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

What? I just did a straw poll in the office and this was the view of every guy except 1, who preferred 30% but still said 10-12% was not visually appealling lol

Saying someone is not visually appealing is different to calling someone gross.

Many people who prefer the 30% will do so because of her body fat distribution. Very few people at 30% will actually look that 'balanced' or 'hourglass'.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

As it turns out most people don't care for body shaming or the use of the word gross to describe body types ones doesn't care for.

And I'm unsure what a bunch of dudes in your office have to do with anything. Do you all want a cookie for judging the body of some hard working woman? Do you feel like your opinion becomes more relevant if you claim to have back up?
  • dbmata
    Options
    oh noes, body shaming because someone had preferences.

c'mon, it's almost christmas.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    OK, I apologise for the word 'gross'. Some people on here really need to relax though, its just the internet you know...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

He can certainly have a prefrence and express it (not that it was asked for or is relevant to the discussion but whatever) and do so without calling someone's chosen (and obviously worked for) body gross.

Is it so hard to understand that phrasing matters? That saying "I don't like it."is not the same as "that's gross!"

I mean it's nearly Christmas. Can't we at least try not to be asshats who miss the point and cry about not being allowed to express their oh so precious personal preferences in rude and mean ways? (Spoiler: no, probably not)
  • dbmata
    Options
    blah blah blah.

"Anyone who expresses any preferences are body shaming!"

Great, you know this is why we can't have nice things, right?

Good job.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

You do not have to use the word gross to express a preference. If you do not like the 40% one...you going to call that gross?

The physique in the first picture is not my preference either, but then again, neither are any of the ones over 20% (although the generally unrealistic 30% wouldn't be bad to have at all).

ETA: also, when randomly made, and not even relevant to the topic at hand..it kind of sticks out.