Squats Ruined My *kitten*!

Options

Replies

• LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't care what guys think. I don't want a body with a big *kitten*, period. There are other exercises i can do that target the thighs and hammies. My *kitten* was fine before squatting, especially when i was 15lbs lighter. I have really nice jeans that i can't wear because of this squat *kitten*.

OP wants no advice. Why post questions in forums?
    Good luck with your goals.:flowerforyou:
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I don't care what guys think. I don't want a body with a big *kitten*, period. There are other exercises i can do that target the thighs and hammies. My *kitten* was fine before squatting, especially when i was 15lbs lighter. I have really nice jeans that i can't wear because of this squat *kitten*.

So do them, personally I think you would need to be sure you were in a reasonable deficit and getting some way to your goal weight to be sure what good or bad effects any exercise is having but now I have read your original post again I am not sure what you were looking for when you posted to be honest
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

stop squatting then ..problem solved…end thread..stop trolling…boom!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide if OP is srs...
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    IN to find out what the hell a 5% deficit is.

Especially interested in what it means for a person that isn't even logging

TDEE is 2050. For the last 3 months i have eaten pretty much the same things every day. Equalling 1900-1950 cals per day. I made my own meal plans and made sure they equalled around 1900cals per day. NOT for December though. I have been eating whatever whenever in December.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Lunges work the same exact muscles as squats. If you think squats are ruining your butt, why would you think lunges would do any differently?

Oh, and correct grammar is for communication, unless you just want people to assume you are uneducated and/or stupid. Which hey, if that's the image you want to project, go for it. Just don't expect much help.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • ndj1979
    Options

TDEE is 2050. For the last 3 months i have eaten pretty much the same things every day. Equalling 1900-1950 cals per day. I made my own meal plans and made sure they equalled around 1900cals per day. NOT for December though. I have been eating whatever whenever in December.

ding…ding…ding…winner winner, chicken dinner…

OP - you have been over eating for three weeks and gained fat which has all gone to your rear…

we have diagnosed the problem folks…

end thread/
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

so this would the Margin of Error Eating Plan?
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    derp de dudah
  • ndj1979
    Options

so this would the Margin of Error Eating Plan?

i believe this is called - the four week plan to add poundage to your rear plan"
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    what is the difference between a bubble butt and a squat *kitten*? I thought those were the same thing..... can anybody find me pics of the difference? I have "fat girl *kitten*"... so I know what that one looks like.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You gained weight, and you're surprised some of it is in your *kitten*, which you've been exercising.

Mmk.
  • hollajean2
    Options
    If you have the muscle mass capability you will grow that region. You are right, lower weight and more reps will firm and not build. Cardio does wonders as well. How many long distance runners are huge? None.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You don't log your food. You're probably building some nice muscle under the fat, which is why your pants are tight.

I had a bubble butt my whole life. Heavy squats (200+ pounds) plus heavy lunges, deadlifts and hip raises have just made it look even better. Had to get rid of fat along the way. My butt is actually pretty famous around here and the envy of many.

Cool, what did u do to get rid of the fat? Just kept heavy lifting and ate at a deficit? fat burning cardio?

Lift heavy (bodybuilding hypertrophy routine) and eat at a slight deficit every day until I got to where I wanted to be (TDEE minus 10 or 15%). I didn't do cardio.

ETA: If you don't log and refuse to log good luck getting to where you want to be. It is very important to log and log accurate.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You're saying a fat round *kitten* is better than a small tight *kitten*?
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.

I thought he was being honest and also empathetic... I felt like it was a kind little post. Both parts are true - it is hard to tell what's up without pics... and it most certainly can be irritating to not have clothes fit the way you like.

See the good :-)

That being said - it sounds like you've probably built up more muscle - glutes - that you'd like... heavy lifting does tend to build muscle, whereas lighter weights but higher reps may build a little muscle but mostly just tone, which is more like what it sounds like you want.

Good luck reaching your goals :-)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this thread gives me a sad
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Yep I wanna be the small again. 140lbs is small for me. New Year is new food plan, more deficit, prob 15%, and cardio 3-4 times a week with some lighter weights as in deads, ohp, bench press and on the machine: butterflys, leg extensions. I thought lunges didn't work the glutes AS MUCH as squats do.

Grammar: who cares. lol. And FYI - passed college course with an A in grammar and proofreading. But really, who cares? Maybe the business in which i apply to a job for?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you would think a "5% deficit" would accomplish. As others have mentioned, you have more than likely been eating considerably over TDEE. As a result you have gained and it's gone to your *kitten* and now you think the squats are to blame. With only 15lbs to lose there isn't much room for error in terms of your diet.

Dial in your diet, eat at a true deficit. If you aren't tracking and logging your food then start. Also weigh and measure everything. Keep lifting add some cardio if you feel like. And as an FYI, you won't find that many exercises for your "thighs and hammies" that don't include the glutes and any that do, well, you will get no where quick if your strength routine only includes those exercise.