Squats Ruined My *kitten*!

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Maybe i really did build nice muscle ----UNDERNEATH! If so, how do i reveal these muscles?
    Lose the fat.

What was your weight 3 months ago?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Yep I wanna be the small again. 140lbs is small for me. New Year is new food plan, more deficit, prob 15%, and cardio 3-4 times a week with some lighter weights as in deads, ohp, bench press and on the machine: butterflys, leg extensions. I thought lunges didn't work the glutes AS MUCH as squats do.

Grammar: who cares. lol. And FYI - passed college course with an A in grammar and proofreading. But really, who cares? Maybe the business in which i apply to a job for?

Squats actually work quads more - they are not really the 'best' exercise for glutes...something like hip thrusts are.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    lol. you've stated doing squats gave you an *kitten* you don't like. and you also allude to the fact that you attended college. I may be making a leap of faith here, but i'll assume you passed said college and obtained a degree. with this logic, i assume from your initial complaint that doing squats gave you an *kitten* you don't like, you can try to squeeze that big *kitten* into your tight big girl pants and deduce what it is you might be able to do, or not do as the case may be, to get a scrawny flat *kitten* back.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I think you've posted this before, like a week ago.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    this thread gives me a sad

Me too, as I just spent some time holding onto my own squat *kitten*.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Maybe i really did build nice muscle ----UNDERNEATH! If so, how do i reveal these muscles?
    Lose the fat.

Fluctuate between 150-155lbs. So annoying. And i know everyone is gonna tell me to log.............i hate that. Especially knowing that some people (including myself) have lost weight without logging. Just healthy in moderation and cardio and weights (light or heavy) I just want to be smaller and therefore, weight less. I said earlier that 140lbs in my "sweet weight". That's the weight that makes me feel sexy and small. I don't think focusing on heavy lifting is gonna get me there. I think deficit and cardio will. Remember people, i just wanna be smaller. No BIG pertaining to my body in my vocabulary.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Um. k. :huh:
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what sort of outcome you were expecting from squats. They're known to lift and firm your butt, this could give the appearance of a larger butt. In my case I had a flat butt and squats + dead lifts gave me actual shape. If you prefer a flat butt or no butt at all then don't do them.

This is my first serious post in a long time, so I have to ask, have to tried It Works Body Wraps?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what sort of outcome you were expecting from squats. They're known to lift and firm your butt, this could give the appearance of a larger butt. In my case I had a flat butt and squats + dead lifts gave me actual shape. If you prefer a flat butt or no butt at all then don't do them.

This is my first serious post in a long time, so I have to ask, have to tried It Works Body Wraps?

just break up
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Can't out-train a bad diet.

It does not matter what exercise you do if you don't eat a reasonable (more than about 5%) deficit.

Any deficit at all in the last 3 months should have led to some weight loss.

Log, don't log. But eat a reasonable amount less and you will get smaller.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Lose the fat.

Fluctuate between 150-155lbs. So annoying. And i know everyone is gonna tell me to log.............i hate that. Especially knowing that some people (including myself) have lost weight without logging. Just healthy in moderation and cardio and weights (light or heavy) I just want to be smaller and therefore, weight less. I said earlier that 140lbs in my "sweet weight". That's the weight that makes me feel sexy and small. I don't think focusing on heavy lifting is gonna get me there. I think deficit and cardio will. Remember people, i just wanna be smaller. No BIG pertaining to my body in my vocabulary.

Just create a deficit...eat less and/or move more. I would not stop doing squats though as there are a bunch of other benefits. The squats aren't the issue from the sound of it - its the fact that you have gained a bit of weight.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Dyel
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I think squats ruined my *kitten*. I've always had a nice bubble butt but now from 3 months of squats 3 times a week getting up to 100lbs 3X5 I don't even fit my jeans and I just got this big round thing for a behind. I don't like it. Maybe lunges will do more what im looking for? Leaner hammies and get my small, regular bum back? FYI - was eating very healthy the last 3 months, Prob only 5% deficit but still a deficit, although December has been a different story. Eat whatever, whenever and shovel snow every 2-3 days.

Anyways, point is i don't like anything on my body to be associated with the work BIG. Im 5'9" and 155lbs and i wanna weigh 140lbs because that is the weight i felt sexy and SMALL at. I am thinking i should just switch to deficit and cardio with heavy weights 1-2 time a week. Once goal weight is met, then eat maintainence plus a little sometimes and continue the same exercise.

I know my body looks good at 140lbs and I don't want to wait and see what lifting heavy all the time will do. Like i said, i hate my big, round *kitten* from squats!

PS: Not me in the profile pic. Im not ready to post pics. Not til my goal is met. That will be my reward. Professional fitness pics.

I know this is bad for you but do not take this the wrong way... but THANK GOODNESS! Someone who got the results I'm searching for doing squats! Love this! Go ahead and give that big ole booty to me and you can have my regular one! lol

But seriously, stop doing squats.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.

Please use correct grammar when making a post that is condescending to me. Thank you.

Correct grammar is for business documents, not texting and forum posts.

i see a "why is everybody so rude?" thread in your future.

good luck with your goals. or not. whichever is the one you want to hear.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Lose the fat.

Well, to be fair, you are on a logging website.

Yes, people can lose by not logging. They are still eating less than their TDEE, they just happened to find that other ways, by lowering food intake, upping exercise. However, if not logging it isn't working you can eat even less or add more exercise (or a combo of both). Or, another very logical step would be to actually log to see what you are really eating.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I think squats ruined my *kitten*. I've always had a nice bubble butt but now from 3 months of squats 3 times a week getting up to 100lbs 3X5 I don't even fit my jeans and I just got this big round thing for a behind. I don't like it. Maybe lunges will do more what im looking for? Leaner hammies and get my small, regular bum back? FYI - was eating very healthy the last 3 months, Prob only 5% deficit but still a deficit, although December has been a different story. Eat whatever, whenever and shovel snow every 2-3 days.

Anyways, point is i don't like anything on my body to be associated with the work BIG. Im 5'9" and 155lbs and i wanna weigh 140lbs because that is the weight i felt sexy and SMALL at. I am thinking i should just switch to deficit and cardio with heavy weights 1-2 time a week. Once goal weight is met, then eat maintainence plus a little sometimes and continue the same exercise.

I know my body looks good at 140lbs and I don't want to wait and see what lifting heavy all the time will do. Like i said, i hate my big, round *kitten* from squats!

PS: Not me in the profile pic. Im not ready to post pics. Not til my goal is met. That will be my reward. Professional fitness pics.

I know this is bad for you but do not take this the wrong way... but THANK GOODNESS! Someone who got the results I'm searching for doing squats! Love this! Go ahead and give that big ole booty to me and you can have my regular one! lol

But seriously, stop doing squats.

Squats are not intended to make an *kitten* smaller, but they can make an *kitten* better.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this is an interesting thread..

OP wants to eat whatever she wants for month of December and not track/log; then complains about the massive rear that she gained; then says that a after new years wants to get "small again"; but then in same post says "hates logging/weighing' = *mind freaking blown"

note to self - this is what happens when you go off the rail for a month and then have to spend the next three months getting back on track, only so you can once again go off track ….
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    lol. you've stated doing squats gave you an *kitten* you don't like. and you also allude to the fact that you attended college. I may be making a leap of faith here, but i'll assume you passed said college and obtained a degree. with this logic, i assume from your initial complaint that doing squats gave you an *kitten* you don't like, you can try to squeeze that big *kitten* into your tight big girl pants and deduce what it is you might be able to do, or not do as the case may be, to get a scrawny flat *kitten* back.

Lol, ur too funny. I said i wanted my nice, bubble butt back. Not this bigger, rounder squat *kitten*.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You're so upset that you squatted and your *kitten* got huge. Stop squatting or use less weight. Why whine about it? Also, when we ask to see pictures, some of us want to actually form an educated opinion on the matter and not drool over your bubble butt.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.

Please use correct grammar when making a post that is condescending to me. Thank you.

Correct grammar is for business documents, not texting and forum posts.

Wrong. Correct grammar is for people who don't want to look like an effing illiterate. It sickens me to see how many people these days don't care that poor spelling/grammar/punctuation/ gives the impression of ignorance.