Holy sexism, batman!

Options

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    three words: Concealed weapons license ;)
    In serious agreement with you here. But as the OP is apparently in the UK, that is an avenue denied her.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

I think it would be a little difficult to get the real numbers for men seeing as under the law a man cannot be raped, so reporting it wouldn't really do anything. I'll be honest I don't know about sexual harassment numbers, but society as a whole pretty much says guys want it so it can't happen.

True enough.

A woman can commit the offence of assault by penetration however. I obviously support the rights of both men and women who have been victims in this regard. It is simply unacceptable.
    Are you just going to ignore all of the male victims of rape, seriously?! I can't even...

Eh?

Under English Law a man can be raped by a woman but cannot be called a rapist - the wording of the statute does not allow for it.

A man can rape another man and be called a rapist.

That is the point being made.
    Yes, that is my point that I was making. There is no way "under the law a man cannot be raped". Perhaps you have some crazy laws that prevent women from being convicted of "rape", but that is semantics. Where I live, there is no such crime "rape". There is "sexual assault" and men and women both can be victims and perpetrators. Rape is a culturally-loaded term anyway, so it's probably for the best that we do not have it codified in laws.

I wasn't saying a man can't be raped, I was saying under the law it is impossible for a man to be "raped'. Only a woman can be "raped"
    Then I'm super confused. So if a man sexually assaults another man, the victim of that assault, under the law, cannot be said to have been raped?

I forget the exact wording, but it's something like "rape is the act of a man penetrating a woman against her will."
    I'll try to find the exact quote
    Holy crap, then again I say I'm glad I don't live in the UK.

I'm not from the UK lol this is US

you are abusing the term "LOL". You sound like a tween
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    you were showing vulnerability and submissiveness with downcast eyes. The wolves will go after the weak. Why are you taking power away from yourself and then being surprised when men pounce on it? That's their nature. Put your head up, make eye contact, speak with your eyes that you don't take sh** from anyone. They won't mess with you then.
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

I think it would be a little difficult to get the real numbers for men seeing as under the law a man cannot be raped, so reporting it wouldn't really do anything. I'll be honest I don't know about sexual harassment numbers, but society as a whole pretty much says guys want it so it can't happen.

True enough.

A woman can commit the offence of assault by penetration however. I obviously support the rights of both men and women who have been victims in this regard. It is simply unacceptable.
    Are you just going to ignore all of the male victims of rape, seriously?! I can't even...

Eh?

Under English Law a man can be raped by a woman but cannot be called a rapist - the wording of the statute does not allow for it.

A man can rape another man and be called a rapist.

That is the point being made.
    Yes, that is my point that I was making. There is no way "under the law a man cannot be raped". Perhaps you have some crazy laws that prevent women from being convicted of "rape", but that is semantics. Where I live, there is no such crime "rape". There is "sexual assault" and men and women both can be victims and perpetrators. Rape is a culturally-loaded term anyway, so it's probably for the best that we do not have it codified in laws.

I wasn't saying a man can't be raped, I was saying under the law it is impossible for a man to be "raped'. Only a woman can be "raped"
    Then I'm super confused. So if a man sexually assaults another man, the victim of that assault, under the law, cannot be said to have been raped?

I forget the exact wording, but it's something like "rape is the act of a man penetrating a woman against her will."
    I'll try to find the exact quote
    Holy crap, then again I say I'm glad I don't live in the UK.

I'm not from the UK lol this is US

you are abusing the term "LOL". You sound like a tween

I can confirm Bieber is hawt lol jk bai
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    you were showing vulnerability and submissiveness with downcast eyes. The wolves will go after the weak. Why are you taking power away from yourself and then being surprised when men pounce on it? That's their nature. Put your head up, make eye contact, speak with your eyes that you don't take sh** from anyone. They won't mess with you then.
    @#$* that @#$(. Are you seriously reducing men to nothing more than animals incapable of mediating their instinctive behavior?! Sexism works both ways, you know.

Seriously, that's victim-blaming at its finest. I do those assertive behaviors, and I find I don't have trouble, but that doesn't mean that someone who doesn't deserves to be preyed upon.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I've become more afraid of this topic than the OP was of the guys wolf whistling.

HOLY TRAINWRECK, BATMAN!
    scared.jpg
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    I feel like we are getting very off topic.

On topic, what those men did was not sexism.

/thread

it wasn't rape either

I'd rape you with my eyes ;)

VNgg3Yg.png
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

/thread

it wasn't rape either

But there's no rape culture. :huh:
  • WhoHa42
    Options

/thread

it wasn't rape either

How is that rape culture? You guys are seriously blowing my mind in this thread lol

If I made a joke to my friend saying "say that to my face and not online and see what happens" am I promoting assault culture? Or maybe harassment culture? Possibly a mix of the two?
  • WisiPls
    Options

/thread

it wasn't rape either

How is that rape culture? You guys are seriously blowing my mind in this thread lol

If I made a joke to my friend saying "say that to my face and not online and see what happens" am I promoting assault culture?

If I jokingly told whoha I was going to kill him, would I be promoting murder culture?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    I don't find joking about rape acceptable in any way; I don't think you'll find many people who have been raped who do. But I guess my lack of a sense of humor on this topic is my problem, not yours.

I've made my serious point here, which I see now was a fool's errand. I'll take off my serious hat now and go back derp-hunting elsewhere.
  • WhoHa42
    Options

/thread

it wasn't rape either

If I made a joke to my friend saying "say that to my face and not online and see what happens" am I promoting assault culture?

If I jokingly told whoha I was going to kill him, would I be promoting murder culture?

If I told wisi i loved him would I be promoting love culture?

no I'd be promoting homosexual culture.

love you bb
  • WisiPls
    Options

/thread

it wasn't rape either

If I told wisi i loved him would I be promoting love culture?

no I'd be promoting homosexual culture.

love you bb

If I wanted to rub on whoha's feet and have him send me pics, would I be promoting fetish culture?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

True enough.

foreign objects
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I don't think anyone needs to be taught not to rape lol do you think someone would be raping people for years, then hear someone say "no dude rape is bad you shouldn't do that" and they'd be like "really? guess I'll stop". And this whole thought that there is a culture that promotes rape completely blows my mind. Rapists are criminals. That's it.
    So, it couldn't possibly be the case that some dudes are ignorant about what constitutes explicit, affirmative consent and would not benefit from being educated that consent is never implied, or that consent cannot be given by someone who is impaired by alcohol or drugs? OK. Carry on then.

date rape. drunk rape. drugs rape.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

/thread
    this^

it wasn't rape either

agreed very off topic. mostly because the topic was unclear or overstepping to begin with. where or where is OP to clear this all up?

what is that thing called when someone starts a topic that can get out of hand and then sits back and lulz?
  • WhoHa42
    Options
    I don't think anyone needs to be taught not to rape lol do you think someone would be raping people for years, then hear someone say "no dude rape is bad you shouldn't do that" and they'd be like "really? guess I'll stop". And this whole thought that there is a culture that promotes rape completely blows my mind. Rapists are criminals. That's it.
    So, it couldn't possibly be the case that some dudes are ignorant about what constitutes explicit, affirmative consent and would not benefit from being educated that consent is never implied, or that consent cannot be given by someone who is impaired by alcohol or drugs? OK. Carry on then.

As I said before. If both parties are equally intoxicated, all blame falls on the man and he can be charged with rape, even if she consented while drunk. This is where things get ridiculous. And I'm in no way saying that rape or date rape or anything like that are ok, but the double standards are out of hand.
  • WhoHa42
    Options

/thread
    this^

it wasn't rape either

agreed very off topic. mostly because the topic was unclear or overstepping to begin with. where or where is OP to clear this all up?

what is that thing called when someone starts a topic that can get out of hand and then sits back and lulz?

It's called
    4c99e736b57d9c6aab9a78bf303042aa.png
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

As I said before. If both parties are equally intoxicated, all blame falls on the man and he can be charged with rape, even if she consented while drunk. This is where things get ridiculous. And I'm in no way saying that rape or date rape or anything like that are ok, but the double standards are out of hand.

I'm going to have to side with him on this, and I'm a woman.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

If only there were some way we could, oh, I don't know, *teach* people that if she (or he) was drunk/drugged, she (or he) didn't give affirmative consent! If only there were some way of combating these ridiculous double standards! http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2013/03/enthusiastic-consent/