Daily Check In - Winter 13/14

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Pilates + took my MIL for her two appts and she
    was pleased. Good day!
    What would I have done differently? Nothing
    What are today's personal goals? Drink lots of water, stay on track, and exercise, keep exercising
    my foot so soreness gets better. Exercise still limiting but I am still here. :bigsmile:

Mon - Upper Body w/ weights 30 min + 15 min biking
    Tues - Hatha Yoga 55 min
    Wed - Cardio and strength 25 min + Wii Fit boxing 16 min
    Thurs - Pilates Reformer Class 60 min.
    Friday- Shoveling snow and chipping away at driveway 50 min. had a good sweat!
    Sat-
    Sun -
  • For today, Friday 1/10/14

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Indeed
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Walked on the treadmill, and ran a bit, too.
    What would I have done differently? More veggies
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under my calorie goal, and eat cleanly
    How about tomorrow... Exercise before work, and keep my calories under the goal

Sun-
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs - treadmill, combo walk and run for 77 mins
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    It was nice to read all the posts on daughters. Mine is 19 too. Last summer instead of coming home she got a grant and we only saw her for a week. She and I did ok but I other family issues made it really stressful. This Christmas she brought home a friend but although it was alot of work it went well. I insisted on some mother and daughter time without the friend and things went great but then it wasn't so long or as stressed as the trips you are describing. I hope you don't mind me checking in when I can. It will take some adjustment to deal with this schedule. My mother-in-law is also coming next week. Lately for some reason I have been complimented on how healthy and fitter I look despite gaining and not being able to exercise. I think it is from this summer when I exercised and ate right even though I didn't lose I kept from gaining and was getting healthier and fitter. So I am not going to give up.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Not quite
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Not quite
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I am answering for the whole week. On Tuesday my Aquafit teacher didn't show but some of us just took down the lanes and lead ourselves. This week despite my work schedule I was able to make meals at home.
    What would I have done differently? I am going to try to fit in more exercise despite my crazy schedule.
    What is today's personal goals? check in, exercise, water make healthy meals

GW at the end of the Winter 2014 check in? 229, My current goal is to get back to where I was before I started working so much.

Sun-
    Mon - small walk
    Tues - Aquafit
    Wed - small walk
    Thurs - small walk
    Fri - small walk
    Sat -Aquafit
  • for today, Saturday 1/11/14
    (I like to check in at night after my day is done... slightly different than some of you do it)

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, once again!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes with a slight adjustment--exercised after work instead of before
    What did I do today that I am proud of? Got on the treadmill and burned calories, even though I was very tempted to just be lazy on the couch
    What would I have done differently? More veggies (again, like yesterday--I gotta get more veggies!!)
    What is tomorrow's personal goals? Eat well, under calories goal and have plenty of veggies. The other thing is to rest my knee. During my run today it was really bothering me. I don't want to do anything to it that will harm me in the long run, so I am going to rest it. Only walking, no running for a while. If it is not better by next Sunday, I will go see my doctor.

Sun-
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs - treadmill, combo walk and run for 77 mins
    Fri -
    Sat - treadmill combo walk and run for 45 mins
  • lkhicksrtr
    lkhicksrtr Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to join this thread! Where I have consistantly checked in on mfp for 285 days, my mfp friends are hardly on at all and I need some support and motivation.
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? cleaned my house and went to visit my aunt. I guess I can't beat myself up too bad about the weekend. I had a good week - 5 workouts and decent calories.
    What would I have done differently? log my calories, go to the Y, check in.
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track food and go for a walk. It's a decent day out so I figured I would switch it up by going for a walk.

GW at the end of the Winter check in? 195

Sun-
    Mon -
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • goldk
    I would love to join this thread! Where I have consistantly checked in on mfp for 285 days, my mfp friends are hardly on at all and I need some support and motivation.

Welcome to the thread! Congrats on checking in for 285 days.

Kristen
  • Shirley61
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Don't know was off my South Beach Plan
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Don't think so
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went out for breakfast with friends and shopping.
    We went into a chocolate store and a pet store with puppies and didn't buy anything!!! Loved those puppies!
    What are today's personal goals? Drink lots of water, back on South Beach Plan, exercise
    Soreness in foot all gone!!

Mon - Upper Body w/ weights 30 min + 15 min biking
    Tues - Hatha Yoga 55 min
    Wed - Cardio and strength 25 min + Wii Fit boxing 16 min
    Thurs - Pilates Reformer Class 60 min.
    Friday- Shoveling snow and chipping away at driveway 50 min. had a good sweat!
    Sat- Toronto boat show walked 3.1 miles
    Sun - Rest day
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Aargh! :explode: Weekends are hard ....

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? I was over, especially with carbs ...
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no, really went off my diet plan over the weekend
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? breakfast and lunch were ok ... dinner a disaster
    What would I have done differently? less potato and garlic biscuits at Red Lobster
    What is today's personal goals? stay under in calories & trying to talk myself into going to step class today, I know I should - but I don't want to ... might go do some returns instead and get back to step tomorrow

Winter goal (3/19) - 220

Sun- rest
    Mon - 45 min step?
    Tues -step?
    Wed - step & body pump
    Thurs - 45 min step?
    Fri - 60 min step
    Sat - 60 minutes step & 30 minutes body pump (if I can, depends on son's swim meet)
  • for Sunday

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, which was harder given I didn't exercise
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Still struggling with those veggies
    What did I do today that I am proud of? Didn't snack as much as I normally would have
    What would I have done differently? More veggies (again, like yesterday--I gotta get more veggies!!)
    What is tomorrow's personal goals? Calories under goal, and a healthy rested knee!

Sun-
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Wow, I have been busy! Better check in late than never, right?

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Healthy choices, lots of fresh veggies to counteract my sweet treats
    What are today's personal goals? Long walk tonight

Goal weight at the end of Winter check-in (3/19)- 155 (my ultimate goal)

Last week:
    Mon - 30 minute walk
    Tues - 6 minute stationary bike, 4 minutes squats and stretching
    Wed - 20 minute walk
    Thurs - 35 minute walk, 6 minutes stationary bike, 7 minutes squats and stretching
    Friday- 30 minutes walk
    Sat- 20 minutes walk, 15 minutes stationary bike, 5 minutes stretching
    Sun - 20 minutes walk, 7 minutes squats and stretching
  • KeriA
    ShanRaeC I can't check in the mornings now either.
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Almost
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? pretty much
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I have gotten exercise everyday since Saturday morning. Aquafit tomorrow but not sure after that.
    What would I have done differently? Eaten just a bit fewer calories

GW at the end of the Winter 2014 check in? 229, My current goal is to get back to where I was before I started working so much.

Sun- walk - 60 minutes
    Mon - walk -45 minutes
    Tues - Aquafit planned
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -Aquafit planned
  • Shirley61
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes right on target
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got back to exercising again and it felt good.
    What are today's personal goals? Drink lots of water, back on South Beach Plan, exercise ,
    stretched my feet to keep them supple.

Mon - Leslie Sasone Walking 37 min + strength + Biking 10 min
    Tues - Cardio + strength 45 min + Biking 10 min
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Friday-
    Sat-
    Sun -
  • sunshyncatra
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Walked a mile without many problems from the healing ankle (except swelling of course)
    What are today's personal goals? Get through physical therapy in one piece (DONE!)

Last week:
    Mon - 30 minute walk
    Tues - 6 minute stationary bike, 30 minutes squats and stretching at PT
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Friday-
    Sat-
    Sun -
  • KeriA
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? went for a walk yesterday and Aquafit today and checked in
    What would I have done differently? Eaten just a bit fewer calories

Sun- walk - 60 minutes
    Mon - walk -45 minutes
    Tues - Aquafit - 60 minutes
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -Aquafit planned
  • sunshyncatra
    Today is the first anniversary of my weight loss/healthy living journey! I am so grateful for the support I have found on MFP. Thank you all, and here's to feeling healthy! Cheers!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Stayed under though I ate out twice
    What are today's personal goals? Stationary bike for 10-15 minutes and do most of my PT exercises at home tonight

Mon - 30 minute walk
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Friday-
    Sat-
    Sun -
  • goldk
    Today is the first anniversary of my weight loss/healthy living journey! I am so grateful for the support I have found on MFP. Thank you all, and here's to feeling healthy! Cheers!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Stayed under though I ate out twice
    What are today's personal goals? Stationary bike for 10-15 minutes and do most of my PT exercises at home tonight

Mon - 30 minute walk
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Friday-
    Sat-
    Sun -

You've accomplished a lot in 12 months. Congratulations!!
  • goldk
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? hum? didn't go way over on calories on a non-exercise day.
    What would I have done differently? check in
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track food and the elliptical

GW at the end of the Winter check in? 195

Sun-
    Mon - 4 mile walk
    Tues - 30 mins elliptical
    Wed - rest
    Thurs - 40 mins elliptical
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? I don' know, didn't track
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no, but I don't think I was super far off base
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? went to step & body pump
    What would I have done differently? had a plan for dinner
    What is today's personal goals? stay under in calories, which will be tough since I already ate a lot of calories

Winter goal (3/19) - 220

Sun- rest
    Mon - 45 min step - skipped to do Christmas returns
    Tues -60 minutes step DONE
    Wed - 40 minutes step & 30 body pump DONE
    Thurs - 45 min step? missed this
    Fri - 60 min step
    Sat - 60 minutes step & 30 minutes body pump (if I can, depends on son's swim meet)
  • Shirley61
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, just finished 2 weeks on South Beach and started over
    yesterday for another round of 2 weeks before going to Phase 2.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Pilates class and lunch with a friend.
    What are today's personal goals? Drink my water, exercise, continue on my eating plan.

Mon - Leslie Sasone Walking 37 min + strength + Biking 10 min
    Tues - Cardio + strength 45 min + Biking 10 min
    Wed - Cleaning upstairs
    Thurs - Pilates Reformer class 60 mins.
    Friday-
    Sat-
    Sun -