Ok...you workout. So what about your diet??

Options
14567810»

Replies

• 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The more calories you take in, the more energy your body is able to produce. When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

Your stomach sends signals to your brain that it is empty and guess what? you begin to experience hunger pains. The longer you wait the hungrier you get. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to go for an unhealthy snack such as convenience foods high in fat and sugar ( ya know like a candy bar from a vending machine, a doughnut)

Any finally...on a general note....skipping breakfast decreases your metabolism

Way to quote and paraphrase someone else's writing, troll.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/443601-what-happens-to-your-body-when-you-skip-breakfast/

"enhanced when you eat breakfast.
    You Lose Energy

Calories are a measure of energy -- the more calories you take in, the more energy your body is able to produce. When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. The body may start taking energy stored as glucose from your tissues, which can cause you to feel tired and lethargic. If you skip breakfast, you are more likely to experience a mid-morning slump that can leave your thinking cloudy.
    Your Hunger Increases

One of the reasons why those who eat breakfast are better able to maintain their weight is because they stave off hunger by eating a healthy breakfast. When you skip breakfast, your stomach sends signals to your brain that it is empty, and you begin to experience hunger pangs. The longer you wait, the more your hunger grows. If you’ve skipped breakfast, you are more likely to reach for unhealthy snack options, such as convenience foods high in fat and sugar -- like a candy bar from a vending machine, a doughnut or a large bagel. Over time, this can contribute to weight gain."

Sound familiar?

Dang that was impressive how did you find out what he plagiarized...oops I mean "paraphrased"....
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I'm not going through 6 pages of junk. There have been many members message me with questions in which I have answered accordlingly.

I have a question...
    How do you feel about breakfast?
    What about breakfast food companies?

I feel very passionate about breakfast. I think it is the most important meal of the day. It can be tough to get a good breakfast in though for most people. It's hard to get up early to fix the foods we need to be healthy. Most active people plan ahead though and will prepare meals in advance. Alot of people don't like this though so they opt for either waking up a little earlier to fix foods, get fast food on the way to work, or just not eat.

Breakfast food companies?? Such as fast food or frozen store bought or what?

I don't know Benny...I find breakfast the easiest. There are healthy cereals out there if you take the time to read labels...throw some fruit on and your good to go. I like yogurt with fruit...through in a little oatmeal and you got it covered.

I don't think it even has to be the "normal" breakfast food....you can eat leftovers from the night before.

Oh...and don't forget about eggs...love omelets and a few veggies thrown in.

How long does it take to make a smoothie? 5 minutes?

If one stops to "think"...coming up with breakfast is fairly easy...you just got to be willing to be flexible.

There are definately some healthy cereals out there and it is very important to read the labels. Not everybody does this...we are talking about most people.

Did you know more than one-third of U.S. adults (which is about 35.7%) are obese? That's just the U.S. and that's just adults.

You think fat kids, women, and men prefer to down a bowl of cereal or grab a buttery fluffy biscuit? Come on now

Benny...I went back and read the post that I responded to...no where did I see a reference to fat kids, women and men.

I responded based on your statement...

"It can be tough to get a good breakfast in though for most people. It's hard to get up early to fix the foods we need to be healthy."

Yes...I do know the obesity rates however there was no reference to that in your post so my response did not reflect that statistic.

I really do try to stay on point.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    That's bad you think I am a nutrition expert. Sadly misled broseife

Well..... that's certainly true.

If you're not an expert, why are you offering to answer nutrition questions for people..?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

Nutrition expert?????? Bahahahah i have no idea what I'm talking about. That's bad you think I am a nutrition expert. Sadly misled broseife

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1156063-any-questions-feel-free-to-ask-them-here

Hello everyone! Ben here. A little about myself: Fitness & nutrition is my passion. I have been studying and utilizing different methods of exercise and nutrition for a few years now. I'm prior military. I am full of great information that I want to share with others and to help anyway I can. I have had my ups and downs with fitness and nutrition, who hasn't? But for the most part I do practice what I preach on a daily basis. I eat right and exercise right but I also splurge on occasion. I'm human, not a machine. So feel free to ask any question here or shoot me a message and I will get back to every post that I can in a timely manner. I have a full time job and exercise throughout the week so please be patient for a reply.

A big THANKS to all of my supporters and good luck to all of you that want to improve yourselves!
    Welcome to the site.

How many supporters do you have so far?
    In the past 7 years...I would say close to 1000. I've trained and coached more people in the past 2 years though. As my knowledge increase so does the support for others.

You said you know what you're talking about.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    The more calories you take in, the more energy your body is able to produce. When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

Your stomach sends signals to your brain that it is empty and guess what? you begin to experience hunger pains. The longer you wait the hungrier you get. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to go for an unhealthy snack such as convenience foods high in fat and sugar ( ya know like a candy bar from a vending machine, a doughnut)

Oh benny. Wrong answer. smh

Where is Steve when you need him?

Someone sees what I did there. :laugh:
    troll_face_cow_by_princesspeach5-d4bqw2s.png
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Oh benny. Wrong answer. smh

Where is Steve when you need him?

Oh God no, don't bring him in. He's just as irritating as this guy

I was actually hoping to sick them on each other...

35mkv2o.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Show me some studies that prove otherwise....oh yea yea you can't
    To humor you:
    The report, published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, looked at more than 20 years of literature on the subject and at controlled nutritional trials that found skipping breakfast had little or no effect on weight gain.

A 12-week study at Vanderbilt University showed moderately obese adult women who usually skipped breakfast lost about 17 pounds each when they switched to eating breakfast every day -- and regular daily breakfast eaters who were asked to skip the morning meal lost an average of around 20 pounds, The New York Times reported.

Both groups were on diets with the same amount of calories.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2013/09/11/Study-Skipping-breakfast-wont-affect-weight-much/UPI-99141378926671/#ixzz2oKicJwbg
    So if metabolic rate apparently is reduced skipping breakfast, then those people who did shouldn't have lost weight, correct?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    He's gone, people.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    He's gone, people.

Oh darn. Think of all the great information we're going to miss out on.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    He's gone, people.

Well hello thar.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    He's gone, people.
    He'll be back. Trolls do that with new accounts all the time. They can't get enough attention in real life so they do it on the net.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I predict he'll be back... They always come back....
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Benny...we hardly knew ye!!