Can I spot reduce my breasts?

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I have this problem with dresses, except I have small boobs. I need to spot reduce my rib cage. I know yoga and pilates can lengthen muscles, which means they must be lengthening bones as well, but what kind of exercise can shrink bones? Even better, a combination of exercises to lengthen my forearms and shins, but shrink my rib bones would be cool. Any ideas?

I don't know about shrinking, but I hear running gives you rhino legs so I'd avoid all forms of cardio that might work your upper body, just in case.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    This thread is pointless without pictures. How bad is the damage with you in the dress? Can you try it on and take a picture and post?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

From the exercise videos it looks like it might make my arms bulky.

I want my arms to remain slender. It's a sleeveless dress after all.

*shakes head* noooooo just no.

do you have any idea how difficult and how much training and work it takes for a female to get "bulky"????

crossfit,strong,weightlifting,woman,workout-6ae279570580356a171dbef5d5d51391_h.jpg

does she look bulky to you?

lifting weights as a woman will only make you look glorious. not bulky. :)

It's certainly impressive, but it's not the slender, feminine look I'm going for.

I'm looking for more of a dancers body than a bodybuilders.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    This thread is pointless without pictures. How bad is the damage with you in the dress? Can you try it on and take a picture and post?

yeah lets see it!! just no duck face please
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Leave it open - who cares about 2 inches...

The last two inches are the most important part.

thats what she said!! bahahahahahahahaha
  • ndj1979
    Options

I second this
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My Christmas dress just arrived, but it doesn't fit me in the bust. :sad:

I just can't get the last 2 inches to zip up. The rest of it fits perfectly.

I know I can't loose the weight to wear it tomorrow, but I have an event in a couple of weeks so I was wondering what exercises you can recommend to spot reduce my chest area?

I was thinking of doing the 100 pushup challenge http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

and go on a juice cleanse after Christmas to really flush out any toxins and excess water I'm holding. My husband has bought me a juicer for Christmas! :smile:

Does this sound like a good plan?
    No.

In reverse order:
    - there's nothing to cleanse assuming you have a liver and kidneys.
    - Working your pecs is likely to exacerbate the issue because of localised swelling in the muscle
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce
  • ironanimal
    Options

From the exercise videos it looks like it might make my arms bulky.

I want my arms to remain slender. It's a sleeveless dress after all.

*shakes head* noooooo just no.

do you have any idea how difficult and how much training and work it takes for a female to get "bulky"????

crossfit,strong,weightlifting,woman,workout-6ae279570580356a171dbef5d5d51391_h.jpg

does she look bulky to you?

lifting weights as a woman will only make you look glorious. not bulky. :)

It's certainly impressive, but it's not the slender, feminine look I'm going for.

I'm looking for more of a dancers body than a bodybuilders.
    She's been training a hell of a long time to have that much weight on the bar.

It doesn't happen overnight.

If you want a dancer's body, I suggest you take up dancing.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You might try using the thigh blaster (OK, I am dating myself...LOL). Put it between your boobies and sqeeze away. Let us know how it works out. :wink:
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Hi all!

I know I can't loose the weight to wear it tomorrow, but I have an event in a couple of weeks so I was wondering what exercises you can recommend to spot reduce my chest area?

I was thinking of doing the 100 pushup challenge http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

and go on a juice cleanse after Christmas to really flush out any toxins and excess water I'm holding. My husband has bought me a juicer for Christmas! :smile:

No.

In reverse order:
    - Working your pecs is likely to exacerbate the issue because of localised swelling in the muscle
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce

wait there is a way!! get your husband to suckle maybe like a snake bite he can get rid of all the fat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Juice cleanse

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18470-1379811633-23_zpsd5bdf84b.gif

Recipe?

3 parts Kale
    1 part banana
    4 parts disappointment
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I have this problem with dresses, except I have small boobs. I need to spot reduce my rib cage. I know yoga and pilates can lengthen muscles, which means they must be lengthening bones as well, but what kind of exercise can shrink bones? Even better, a combination of exercises to lengthen my forearms and shins, but shrink my rib bones would be cool. Any ideas?

In to find out how to shrink my rib cage and make my legs longer.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    Hi all!

No.

In reverse order:
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce

wait there is a way!! get your husband to suckle maybe like a snake bite he can get rid of all the fat.
    Does the reverse work for making them larger?
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Hi all!

No.

In reverse order:
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce

only if you can find a way to tie off the air leaks
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Corset? Binding! Wait, those only work if you are still growing. Are you still growing?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Hi all!

No.

In reverse order:
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce
    - You can't spot reduce

you could always try to blow into them….not sure if they girl would appreciate it though?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Juice cleanse

Recipe?

3 parts Kale
    1 part banana
    4 parts disappointment

you forgot the cauliflower
  • ldrosophila
    Options

Corset? Binding! Wait, those only work if you are still growing. Are you still growing?

awe man so my plan to do corset training after the baby is born probably wont work?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Juice cleanse

Recipe?

3 parts Kale
    1 part banana
    4 parts disappointment

you forgot the cauliflower

No I didn't :laugh:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

I second this

I'm musch to chaste of a woman to post pics of my cleavage for everyone on MFP to see.