Beware the uninformed

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    interesting thread…have only read a few pages..but I love how OP created said thread to make a statement about people being "argumentative" and then proceeds to argue with everyone that posts in the thread….

oh the irony...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I wish someone would just tell me the secret to success!!

Success at what? :smile:

at getting my desired body.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Just smile at him, I'm quite confident it will work out! :wink:
    Options

I'm not worried about some guys body, just my own. Also, I was being sarcastic. :wink:
  • ndj1979
    Options

mccindy, how about a link to this alledged "Attack"...usually it is someone (you) being too sensitive.

My guess? It's here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1156847-i-m-really-frustrated-with-how-to-eat-to-lose-fat

Specifically, where she speaks about lengthening muscles and such.

Nope.

It's this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1157181-help-new-and-need-some-suggestions

A low carb debate.

based on OP's advice in that thread, I would say she needs to go back to school…or read some more research…just saying...
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I'm not worried about some guys body, just my own. Also, I was being sarcastic. :wink:

Yah I figured, me too!
    Options

Yah I figured, me too!

:tongue: :wink:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Alright guys, good work today. I'll meet you back at the secret bully group in an hour for milk and graham crackers.

I thought it was punch and pie????
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Did the op rage quit yet?

Also..

funniest-cat-gifs-dont-mess-with-cats.gif
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Alright guys, good work today. I'll meet you back at the secret bully group in an hour for milk and graham crackers.

Sorry. I just thought more people would show up if we wrote punch and pie. We didn't actually have any.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Sorry. I just thought more people would show up if we wrote punch and pie. We didn't actually have any.

*kitten*..!!!!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Also..

I don't like cats, but I like that kid even less.
  • MyIdaho54
    MyIdaho54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Also..

I'm a bigtime cat lover and found that video very disturbing... Yeah, the kid should not have hit the cat but wow cannot allow a cat to attack like that... Must have been an intact tom as they tend to not back down if challenged...
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Also..

Naw. She's still posting advice and good will all over the place. :noway:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I'm a bigtime cat lover and found that video very disturbing... Yeah, the kid should not have hit the cat but wow cannot allow a cat to attack like that... Must have been an intact tom as they tend to not back down if challenged...

That video is a great natural consequences lesson. The cat went into fight and then flight. (The cat is turning to run away after hitting the child back.) I don't think anything was "allowed" in that video, for either the child or the cat.
  • MyIdaho54
    Options

That video is a great natural consequences lesson. The cat went into fight and then flight. (The cat is turning to run away after hitting the child back.) I don't think anything was "allowed" in that video, for either the child or the cat.

I agree in part, it certainly did display a natural consequences lesson. But, context is important. The kid is crying before he/she hits the cat. Why were they crying? We don't know but perhaps the cat had already bitten the kid? Don't know, just speculating. As far as "allowed" goes, well parents do need to be teaching kids to be kind to animals and animals need be removed if they can't restrain from attacking. Not all cats are suited to be around kids. Fortunately most are smart enough to give young kids a wide berth and find hiding places to sleep.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    As far as "allowed" goes, well parents do need to be teaching kids to be kind to animals and animals need be removed if they can't restrain from attacking. Not all cats are suited to be around kids. Fortunately most are smart enough to give young kids a wide berth and find hiding places to sleep.

Of course parents need to teach their kids that. I don't know what happened before the kid hit the cat, but unless the kid and cat were already fighting, the parents would have had to be psychic to stop that exchange.

If the kid or cat had already harmed the other prior to this clip, and the parents didn't intervene and allowed this to occur, then yes, I would agree that this is disturbing.
  • MyIdaho54
    Options
    As far as "allowed" goes, well parents do need to be teaching kids to be kind to animals and animals need be removed if they can't restrain from attacking. Not all cats are suited to be around kids. Fortunately most are smart enough to give young kids a wide berth and find hiding places to sleep.

Of course parents need to teach their kids that. I don't know what happened before the kid hit the cat, but unless the kid and cat were already fighting, the parents would have had to be psychic to stop that exchange.

If the kid or cat had already harmed the other prior to this clip, and the parents didn't intervene and allowed this to occur, then yes, I would agree that this is disturbing.

I've been around cats for over 50 years and have never observed a cat attacking a child in the face. Yes, hissing and snarling to warn but never an outright attack. IMO, there's more to this story than we're shown. In my experience, cats tend to give kids a wide berth until they're convinced the kid will not harm them. YMMV.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

I've been around cats for over 50 years and have never observed a cat attacking a child in the face. Yes, hissing and snarling to warn but never an outright attack. IMO, there's more to this story than we're shown. In my experience, cats tend to give kids a wide berth until they're convinced the kid will not harm them. YMMV.

My cat attacked a child. The child didn't do anything wrong, but I think my cat perceived a potential attack where there really wasn't one. We don't let children near that cat anymore, but we definitely didn't see that coming.
  • doomedbakaneko
    doomedbakaneko Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well considering my doctor told me that a diet of 1000 calories a day was good, it's safe to assume not all people in the medical field can give advice.