Beware the uninformed

Options

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    OP you are just upset because you nonsense advice was rejected the other day :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    ALL my cookies are for CMR:heart:

That a girl.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    OP you are just upset because you nonsense advice was rejected the other day :flowerforyou:

BURN.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Just a quick rant here. There seem to be quite a few people who peruse the forums simply looking for someone to argue with. It's not a very intelligent decision if you attack someone who actually knows what they are talking about, because if you would just listen and learn, you might find ways to be healthier. The internet is full of trash blogs and studies that are completely inaccurate. In order to find the best information, you need to stick to medical websites, or talk to those who are experts in the field, or have a lot of training and education.
    I myself work in the medical field and have for many years. I've studied diet and fitness as well, independently of my job, for college courses and for my own benefit. Just because someone tells you something in a forum, please don't assume they know what they are talking about. Please take the time to ask them what their expertise is in the area about which you are receiving information and advice.

Everyone agrees or disagrees with everything, it's the way it is....I believe what I choose to and you believe what you choose to. I was taught one thing and you were taught something completely different. It's the same in every profession. Just because you believe it to be the truth and can show "proof" I'm sure I can find things that will completely disagree with what you posted and show "proof" also.
    NOT ONE DAMN PERSON ON HERE OR ANYWHERE IS 100% CORRECT NO MATTER YOUR SO CALLED PROOF OR NOT.

I had a doctor tell me when I was 16 years old that he didn't care if I didn't eat anything all day long every single day as long as I was drinking plenty of water and taking a really good vitamin. You would call that doctor a crack pot, but he had to have been given that information somewhere in his training, I'm sure he didn't pull it out his hind parts. Another doctor would certainly disagree with him, and he didn't pull his beliefs out his hind parts either. I certainly don't believe people in these forums that spout I'm a fitness expert believe me or I'm a nurse believe me or I've studied this for years and years so believe me. People lie all day long just so they can spout off about what they think you should do. Oh and those medical pages tell you research that's so old on some things and has never ever been updated with the 100 different studies that have been done. There is a study on everything and everyone of them have found something different. How you supposed to believe something when tomorrow that will change?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Just a quick rant here. There seem to be quite a few people who peruse the forums simply looking for someone to argue with. It's not a very intelligent decision if you attack someone who actually knows what they are talking about, because if you would just listen and learn, you might find ways to be healthier. The internet is full of trash blogs and studies that are completely inaccurate. In order to find the best information, you need to stick to medical websites, or talk to those who are experts in the field, or have a lot of training and education.
    I myself work in the medical field and have for many years. I've studied diet and fitness as well, independently of my job, for college courses and for my own benefit. Just because someone tells you something in a forum, please don't assume they know what they are talking about. Please take the time to ask them what their expertise is in the area about which you are receiving information and advice.

Everyone agrees or disagrees with everything, it's the way it is....I believe what I choose to and you believe what you choose to. I was taught one thing and you were taught something completely different. It's the same in every profession. Just because you believe it to be the truth and can show "proof" I'm sure I can find things that will completely disagree with what you posted and show "proof" also.
    NOT ONE DAMN PERSON ON HERE OR ANYWHERE IS 100% CORRECT NO MATTER YOUR SO CALLED PROOF OR NOT.

I had a doctor tell me when I was 16 years old that he didn't care if I didn't eat anything all day long every single day as long as I was drinking plenty of water and taking a really good vitamin. You would call that doctor a crack pot, but he had to have been given that information somewhere in his training, I'm sure he didn't pull it out his hind parts. Another doctor would certainly disagree with him, and he didn't pull his beliefs out his hind parts either. I certainly don't believe people in these forums that spout I'm a fitness expert believe me or I'm a nurse believe me or I've studied this for years and years so believe me. People lie all day long just so they can spout off about what they think you should do. Oh and those medical pages tell you research that's so old on some things and has never ever been updated with the 100 different studies that have been done. There is a study on everything and everyone of them have found something different. How you supposed to believe something when tomorrow that will change?

in... for pulling on hind parts!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

stop assuming that you are the only one that knows what they are talking about just because you work in the medical field. a lot of individuals have outdated knowledge

Word.

I work in the medical field and I didn't/don't know anything diet and fitness related. I can deliver a baby like nobody's business, though.

I'm pretty sure I ordered a pizza.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

stop assuming that you are the only one that knows what they are talking about just because you work in the medical field. a lot of individuals have outdated knowledge

Word.

I work in the medical field and I didn't/don't know anything diet and fitness related. I can deliver a baby like nobody's business, though.

Pretty sure I laughed way too hard at this!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I too have credentials...
    credentials.jpg

Je suis très au courant!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

Word.

PIZZA!!! :love: :love: :love:
    Y'all can fight over Cranq's cookies - I'm gonna sit in the corner with Runner 5!!
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    OP, there are some extremely knowledgable people on MFP as well as some great resources. Spend some time reading some of the well read threads such as the Roadmap and Sexypants (sorry too hard to link on my iPad) and you will see good common sense advice. Even if you do feel well educated in the area, don't assume that others aren't, and don't assume that education in one aspect of health qualifies as expertise in all areas. Otherwise, I think that your MFP experience will continue to be a disappointment.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you read the original post, you'll see I was just venting a bit about how people decide to argue. I'm not offended or insulted by the dude on the other feed, I just wanted to vent about it. Reaching out - isn't that what this site is supposed to be all about? Although at this point I have my doubts.

In...

...to reach out...

...because that's what this site is for...

...and we're all here for the same reason.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    If you read the original post, you'll see I was just venting a bit about how people decide to argue. I'm not offended or insulted by the dude on the other feed, I just wanted to vent about it. Reaching out - isn't that what this site is supposed to be all about? Although at this point I have my doubts.

In...

...to reach out...

...because that's what this site is for...

...and we're all here for the same reason.

I'm definitely here for the reach-arounds.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Any food offered in the secret bully group will fit my macros. Uh, except sugar-free gummy bears.

*shudder*
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

in... for pulling on hind parts!

tumblr_mdpn9vIMr61ro2d43.gif
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

mccindy, how about a link to this alledged "Attack"...usually it is someone (you) being too sensitive.

My guess? It's here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1156847-i-m-really-frustrated-with-how-to-eat-to-lose-fat

Specifically, where she speaks about lengthening muscles and such.

Nope.

It's this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1157181-help-new-and-need-some-suggestions

A low carb debate.

Oh my jesus.
    " When protein and carbohydrates are eaten together, the carbs are stored as fat. "

Yeah. It's hard to know just what to say to a person in the 'medical field' who will tout this kind of silliness with conviction.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The only thing longer than this page is the length of muscle I added between my knee and ankle using the OP's advice.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    72f0937e784a25836329465a548d0622.jpg

...oh wait NVM!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Ugh...too much.

I'm changing my vote to agree with the curmudgeonly one who posted earlier.
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm here for cat gifs, cleavage shots, and snark. Anyone else interested in the same? If so let's be friends and support each other on this sarcasm filled journey!

No naturally skinny people though, I can only relate to my fellow fatties.

There+is+no+need+to+be+upset.+What+did+Zelda_46704f_4698842.gif

How about a gaming gif? :P

Damnit, now I have to fit replaying all the Zelda games into my schedule. Again. I blame you ^^^
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Wow, I think I caused this whole thread :indifferent: