Annoying things people on a diet do.

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When people on diets know that I'm losing weight and say things like "should you really be eating that ice cream sundae?" Yes, yes I should.

My MIL and her sisters do that to me. I remind them eating whatever they think is bad for me is what keeps me from stabbing people. Here's some more of MIL's logic: daily nags her son (my hubby) about his being fat, yet treats him like the family garbage can for leftover food.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

Get upset when I explain how I lost weight just by reducing my calories and exercising more.
    I'm a total smartass about it actually...I lean over real close to them like it's some HUGE secret that nobody else can know an whisper in their ear, "I eat less calories and exercise more...Shh, don't tell anyone".

lol my friend told me to tell people that I have a magic pill and they too can lose weight for the low, low price of $39.99! Then give them a tic tac and take their money :smile:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Get upset when I explain how I lost weight just by reducing my calories and exercising more. Then say they're special or for women it's harder yada yada yada...

It's always hard for me. :wink:
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Herbalife or any other fad dieter in general thinking it's a quick fix. A few lassies in my office are doing it and it's costing them a fortune for pretty much nothing and they've lost a maximum of 14lllbs after 5 months on it and it's costing them £150 a month of their troubles lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Herbalife or any other fad dieter in general thinking it's a quick fix. A few lassies in my office are doing it and it's costing them a fortune for pretty much nothing and they've lost a maximum of 14lllbs after 5 months on it and it's costing them £150 a month of their troubles lol

Yup. I have a longtime friend who has tried all of the schemes like Herbalife, Body by Vi, etc, and she usually loses about 20-30 lb in a year then gains it back quickly. Then tries the next thing. I find it sad!!

Meanwhile, when she asks my best friend and I for advice we give it to her and she never listens. I swear she thinks we lost weight either by magic or taking illegal drugs. I lost weight being more active and logging on MFP. My bff lost weight by changing her diet and medication because she was diagnosed with diabetes. But friend #1 above is still like "I think I'm going to do these shakes...it's only $140/month...sounds good right?"

smh
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm still irked by when my sister, who is also trying to lose weight, said that her family had a lifestyle change while I was on a diet.

Her "lifestyle change" is drinking a 150 cal protein shake for breakfast and lunch.
    My "diet" is counting calories, with no other food restrictions applied.
    Whatever. I'm just going to be over here eating my eggs and bacon.

This. What ever crazy crap people invent is now being billed as a "lifestyle change".

"Oh great, you can do paleo for the rest of your life."
    "Oh great, you can eat low fat for the rest of your life."
    "Oh great, this is a lifestyle change that you are just kicking off with wrapping your body in plastic and taking ephedrine."
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    complaining that they cannot drink water because its "gross"

I do not get it.. ...just chug the **** and get it over with its not like it tastes like buckleys cough syrup or something

So. Much. THIS!!!
  • ilgirl733
    ilgirl733 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bugs me when people starting on the new year, or anytime really, start checking in at the gym everytime they work out and posting it on FB
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Say that they're eating a ton of salads but failing to say that they haven't lost a pound because the salads are smothered with fried chicken strips, cheese, croutons, and topped with ranch dressing. :noway:
  • Santasmincepie
    Options
    Say that they're eating a ton of salads but failing to say that they haven't lost a pound because the salads are smothered with fried chicken strips, cheese, croutons, and topped with ranch dressing. :noway:

:laugh:
  • Tumpshies
    Tumpshies Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cut out entire foof groups for no good (ie medical) reason.

Pizza is a food group right?

Edit. I meant FOOD not foof!
    What others choose to eat annoys you?

Not in general. But people 'on diets' do tbh

The pizza comment was tongue in cheek.
    I knew the pizza comment was tongue in cheek. Pizza is so good.
    (not a vegetable, but damned good)
    Depends on how many vegatables you put on it
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Tell me that all they eat is and one or two things like apples or cottage cheese. Then go on to tell me there friend lost of bunch doing it.

Or when people think I'm on a diet because I have quite a bit of weight some people have ask me if that's how I lost my weight eating pizza as I'm enjoying a slice. Then they go on saying I wouldn't ever eat pizza because their diet is no carbs.

Last one, people ask what diet I'm on. I always say something like I'm not dieting I'm just living healthier... eating right, counting m calories and exercise. Then people go on to say They hate exercise and can't stave themselves just to loose weight.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Tell me that all they eat is and one or two things like apples or cottage cheese. Then go on to tell me there friend lost of bunch doing it.

Or when people think I'm on a diet because I have quite a bit of weight some people have ask me if that's how I lost my weight eating pizza as I'm enjoying a slice. Then they go on saying I wouldn't ever eat pizza because their diet is no carbs.

Last one, people ask what diet I'm on. I always say something like I'm not dieting I'm just living healthier... eating right, counting m calories and exercise. Then people go on to say They hate exercise and can't stave themselves just to loose weight.

Smile and say "Neither can I."
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Try to convince you these meal replacement shakes are the best thing for you!!!! UGH.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I used to work in an office where there were females only. Every. single. One of them bar me were on a diet of some sort.

Not only did they talk about it, all the time, every day, they would weigh themselves in the office every single Monday morning and the first hour would be diet talk. After about a month of this they would then start to moan that none of them are loosing any weight at all and started to try to get me to join in. Once I pointed out that the 2 bottles of cola they each went through and using the car to drive to the local shop 2 streets away, every day, was maybe a huge factor in them not loosing weight they turned nasty and would comment on anything that I had to eat, drink or think of having.

Now, I'm normally a laid back person but once you start to annoy me and start to comment on my food, I will start to do very petty things to piss you off. :devil: So, every day, until I left 5 months later, I would go to work early and be the first in the office....with a bacon sandwich. You could still smell it 3 hours later. I would then leave chocolate bars and opened packets of crips/chips on my desk...then the best bit, I'd bring in the most chocolatey, mouth watering cake topped with cream I could find and then watch them all say "Oooh, I shouldn't" as they have enough for 3 servings each.

I left them on the Monday just so I could hear what their weigh in would be. They'd each put on around 7-10lbs each. It was beautiful.

Before anyone else says it, yes, I'm evil but I'm so good at it. I've got my seat reserved in hell already. :laugh:

Epic awesomeness LOL Almost made me spit my coffee all over the computer
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    The lack of patience annoys the hell out of me.

"I've only lost 2lb this week, I'm so annoyed! I lost 4lb last week!" :huh:

"I can't possibly do what you do! 1lb a week? That's so slow!"

What makes me laugh about the latter one is that when I then ask them how long they've been yo-yo dieting for and they say years, suddenly x number of weeks to hit their goal doesn't seem so bad.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    ITS NOT A DIET ITS A LIFESTYLE!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Defining themselves in terms of what they've eaten: I've been good today vs. I've been bad today.

i seriously detest that type of talk.
  • SweetieMelissa
    SweetieMelissa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The lack of patience annoys the hell out of me.

"I've only lost 2lb this week, I'm so annoyed! I lost 4lb last week!" :huh:

"I can't possibly do what you do! 1lb a week? That's so slow!"

What makes me laugh about the latter one is that when I then ask them how long they've been yo-yo dieting for and they say years, suddenly x number of weeks to hit their goal doesn't seem so bad.

I used to be impatient (?) too. That's why I am here now....lol.

What annoys me much is when someone really thin keeps saying that they are fat...even though they are a perfect weight for their height. I tell them to tone and they are like "I DON'T WANT MUSCLES I WANT A FLAT STOMACH AND LOSE FAT". fjedngskegnmegkrn.
    They clearly don't understand what toning is....

Edit: Spelling.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    "Oh no, I don't eat -that- kind of food..." Okay well, more for me, thanks!