Annoying things people on a diet do.

Options
123457»

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Watch every bite of food I put in my mouth and then say how "lucky" I am to be naturally slim :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't even bother to try to explain how I eat at my maintenance calories and do some sort of exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY!
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    come into where I work and tell me they want a supplement that will help them lose weight but they don't want to exercise or change their diet.

Well, when that's invented whoever makes the bloody thing will rule the word. Till that time, i'd get off your *kitten* and move more, eat less. Don't like it? stay fat.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Watch every bite of food I put in my mouth and then say how "lucky" I am to be naturally slim :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't even bother to try to explain how I eat at my maintenance calories and do some sort of exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Yeah, people with that "lucky" talk tick me off when it comes to health but also other areas of life. One woman I've known for about 20 years now always tells me how "lucky" I am. "You're so lucky to have a good job" (ignoring that I went to college and have worked steadily since age sixteen and she did not get her GED and has been fired from the two jobs she's ever had) "You're so LUCKY you aren't in debt" "You're so LUCKY" gets old quick.
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    People who come to dinner parties and expect the hosts to cater to whatever their diet du jour is. "I can't (won't) eat meat/grains/sugar/fish/anything cooked beyond 114 degrees..."

Eat it. Don't eat it. But don't expect the world to revolve around YOUR food plan.

Oh god, we had to do this for a dinner party we had recently. No gluten, paleo friends, vegetarian friends, etc. Thankfully, my paleo friends didn't come, and when someone has been vegetarian for 15+ years, I'll adapt some food for them. (The no gluten person is me, but that actually is for medical reasons.)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Try to convince you these meal replacement shakes are the best thing for you!!!! UGH.

After complementing me on my 40 pound loss, a trainer at a gym said that, if I *really* wanted to "kickstart" my metabolism, I should drink a green shake every day.