My 2013 New Year's Resolution led to dropping 180lbs (Pics)

Replies

• caramon29
    caramon29 Posts: 6 Member
    Wow! Thank you for sharing!!!! I hope my new year's resolution 2014 will have the same result! Brilliant!!!!!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Freakin' awesome!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member

Nutrition:

- Stopped trying restrictive diets.
    - Focus on calories in and calories out - yes that is oversimplified but it’s still the way to lose weight.
    - Didn’t restrict any one macro - carbs and fat for life son.
    - Track my macros and micros. (macros = fat, carbs protein, micros = minerals and vitamins)
    - Eat whole, nutrient rich foods mostly but still enjoy the foods I like in moderation
    - Ignored the undefinable concept “clean eating”.
    - Ignored nutrient timing. It doesn’t matter except for personal preference/performance. You can eat 6 meals, eat one meal, eat before bed, eat in morning or skip breakfast…etc…doesn’t matter! For those of you chugging protein shakes right after your workout, the “anabolic window” is probably more like 4-6 hours post workout (rather than the one hour many people still claim).
    - I still party! Keeps me centered.
    - I like diet pop and it is helpful in my weight loss efforts to curb cravings.
    - I never eat breakfast in the morning. My first meal is usually 11-12. Personal preference is only reason. I like saving the calories for bigger meals later.
    - I took the sugar counter right off of my MFP tracker. Way too low as it was set and sugar is a carb after all and I track that already! Sugar is not evil!
    - I don’t demonize ANY foods. Pass the fat, carbs, gluten, wheat, msg and aspartame!
    - I don’t starve myself!
    - I ignored the Glycemic Index because it is dumb.
    - I love white potatoes. F*** Your sweet ones! Less cals in the mighty white potato, it’s the highest ranked food on the Satiety Index (feeling full) AND more potassium than a banana. Pass the potatoes.

"Once our nutrient needs are met, we don’t get extra credit for eating more nutritious food! - Eric Helms"

^^this NEEDS to be made into a sticky ^^

simply amazing OP, congratulations on your success thus far!:drinker:
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    This is the best post/success story I have seen on MFP. Major props and congrats!
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    I don't know you, and you don't know me.. But you have a PHENOMENALLY inspiring story. I applaud you! In all honesty, I applaud you probably more than I have ever applauded anyone in my entire life. It's refreshing to see when someone doesn't lose sight of their goals. I'm sending you huge hugs. Take a bow, you deserve it!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    I am staggered by the thought of how strong you are going to be when you eventually lean out to where you want to be, if you started lifting so soon in your weight loss efforts. Well done, sir. I applaud you.
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    I LOVE your story! This is a mental journey....it's about choosing our happiness and finding our motivation and you totally nailed that. Your post should be required reading!
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    What a fantastic read!! You look amazing and gave such great advice!! I love this and congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Just popping in to say BRAVO. Well done, man. You look fantastic.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    This is awesome. And great timing to show that you can start as a resolutioner and succeed.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Someone suggested I check out this link, so glad they did. Amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing. More people need to see this.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    This is awesome. And great timing to show that you can start as a resolutioner and succeed.

ANd this.
  • Wow you are an inspiration. in 2008 to 2009 I lost just over 100 lbs, and now I have gained it all back but 40 lbs. So my 2014 is starting off with a kick in the butt. I am motivated and so ready to lose this weight for good. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Awesome attitude, awesome post, awesome success. I am sure a lot of people will read this and find inspiration. All round awesomeness! Fantastic! :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Oh and I like your no nonsense, non complicated attitude too. Nothing wrong with potatoes, if I removed them from our house, my son would walk out in disgust.
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Love this! You are just incredible- handsome - very cool specs too! . Love the cut through the bs advice. Thank you for sharing !
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Amazing job!
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Wow, just wow!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Awesome job!!!!!
  • So inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!