My 2013 New Year's Resolution led to dropping 180lbs (Pics)

Options

Replies

• WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    While reading your post I had a smile in my face, you have such a positive attitude that is contagious. You sound like a happy , well grounded and knowledgeable, successful story to me!! :smile:
    Keep the good work and I will be looking for your posts in the future!
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You ARE the man! You made me laugh and cry all at once!
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You've done an excellent job... Keep it up !!
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You are a walking success story! You fought back and reclaimed your life and that will always be a victory!

Thank you for posting your story because you never know how many people you just inspired to make positive changes to their own life!

Cheers for 2014 and all that it will bring!
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Awesome job. I'm sure you will reach your final goal with such a positve attitude:) You are a success already.

Love your ticker, ha!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You rock!!! Had me laughing and crying. Happiness=Success
  • Julrobin
    Julrobin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We are friends on here, but you made me smile! Thank you for letting me know, it's ok to have that cupcake, not 6, and it's ok to eat what you want and still lose weight. And you are a success right here, right now!
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just have to say first off, WOW!!!! Such a inspiration to me!!!! I love stories like this, You're so "real" !!! 2nd, dude, I really need a friend like you to motivate me through my journey.
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your story and the no nonsense approach about food. A lot of folks go so overboard in regards to the foods they cut from their diets and I am just sitting there, shaking my head, eating my little scoop of ice cream...Why deprive yourself of the things you love, why not learn how to be better at portion control and maybe work out for that sweet treat or drink or awesome pizza. I am with you 100%, happiness has been one of my key ingredients to weight loss as well and some of that happiness is being able to eat that slice of bread and knowing things will be just fine!

Congrats on your weight loss so far, you're a bad a** and will reach your goal weight without any problems and I know you will inspire hundreds of people along the way with your infectous personality!
  • ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FutureMe93
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations on your success!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words!
    You are an inspiration! I'm lucky to have you on my friends list. <3

Right back at ya GG!
    No! You're not "clearly far away from" success. You are a success story if I have ever seen one! Great progress and awesome attitude!!

Thank you - I appreciate that. Don't get me wrong, I am all about appreciating my success. And in fact this brings up a great point. I bet a lot of you track your calories, exercise, weight, measurements etc... But do you track your successes? MIGHT sound silly but it helps me.
    You are "The Man"

@RailroadTony aka Tone Loc - I forgot to include you on my list - one of my first friends and I always marvel at your progress and log in streak. Yes. A little jealous.
    <3 you tedrick, so glad to have you as a friend on here!!! Congrats on your amazing year, you are awesome!!!!!

@ sare - thank you! I feel the same about you! You owe me a message :laugh:
    in fact, as i read through your story, i'd say your philosophy lines up with my own on about 99% of everything. so, good job! drinker

@Burro - thanks for the kind words - you are actually one of my favorite posters here. There is constantly a huge debate on these boards about "rudeness vs telling the truth people dont want to hear" I think you walk the perfect line and do it in a humorous way. Never rude - but always the truth. Way it should be.

For others reading - I have seen some rare incidents of meanness here (I myself was on the end of a pretty mean barb once that I won't get into...but if that dude is reading this - check the profile pic breh :laugh: ). That said - If anyone reading this ever feels like they are under attack - don't get defensive. This MIGHT be a clue that you need to disengage and try to pick up some knowledge from the thread.

Plus ya know, I spent ten+ of my formative years posting on a rap music message board. This is CareBearVille honestly. In the grand scheme of things this is a pretty nice place.
    But I LIKE sweet potatoes bigsmile

:laugh: - me too actually. I just hate people tried to take my plain ones away :(
    Man, you are a rock star and have done some seriously amazing work.

I hope lots of people take the time to read this and learn.

You are inspiring and passing it on.

Thanks Hossman - just a heads up - I don't think I have surpassed you at all! Still inspired by you. Can't wait to see you back on that rugby field!

To everyone else - thanks a lot - words mean a lot. I was really anxious when I posted this for some reason. Even left my computer LOL

To anyone reading this who is super obese - there is an added layer of confusion for us. Most of the information you will find will be directed to people smaller than you. Don't let that stop you. I have done a ton of research and it was hard finding stuff directed towards people our size. The ONE thing I found was an article by Lyle McDonald that was actually geared towards trainers of super obese people. Not entirely helpful.

So a couple tips I have for us fellows who had our own gravitational pull....

- Walk. Its easy. Its free. Build up though. If you are in the 500-400 range - I would suggest NOT to jog. I also suggest that if you feel sore of injured, go to docs and rest up! I know first hand it sucks to have your momentum snuffed out my an injury but if you try to force it you'll only get more hurt. I tweaked my foot early on - tried to "power through it" and I was off my foot for almost a month because of it.

- Lift weights asap I say! But remember - you might not be able to do every exercise right away. From my research I had my heart set on Starting Strength routine...wellll at 500lbs I wasn't able to squat. That didn't stop me from doing bench press, bent over rows, military press...and yes CURLS! (not in squat rack :D)

- 550lb limit scales are easier to find that 500lb. Don't ask me why but I remember coming up nearly empty when searching for 500lb scales but found multiple 550lb scales. Now that I think back on it - thank Jebus I didn't find a 500lb scale only to step on it and see ERROR.

- Dont be afraid of the gym. I joined when I was 500lb. I now have a home gym but I never ever once had an issue at the gym I joined. Full of super helpful people. The owner and I are still boys. He was unbelievably helpful and kind to me.

- Don't worry about what people think of you. You are an adult. The thoughts of others can only hurt you, if you let them. Dont be afraid to workout in front of people. Don't be afraid to ride a bike. Don't be afraid to join a gym. Get on the dance floor if you want! Shiiiiiit I am a 35 year old male Drake fan from a town of 5000 people. You think that flies with the neighbours? :laugh: Put up a profile pic and join the community!

Anyone who wants to add me as a friend please don't be hesitant - I add pretty much everyone - I'm easy :wink:
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing--you are absolutely a success! Looking forward to your 2014 recap!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    excellent work!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Love the attitude. And the happiness in your face now speaks even more volumes.

Great post and great progress. You are ROCKING it.
    :drinker: Here's to more success in 2014.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You, sir, are a rock star.

:love:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    my favorite favorite FAVORITE part of these posts is the difference between the smiles in the photos!!!
    and i agree with the person who said you absolutely ARE already a success story.
  • oosterman
    oosterman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic !
  • jcrooks85
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Congrats, man! And I LOVE all your advice. So much that so many people here could take to heart.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!