There's nothing sexier than a watching women lift weights

Options

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

She's one of the reasons I started to lift. No offence to those who are smaller women, but I don't want to be small and strong. I WANT to be big & strong, I WANT to lift like her. (My goal weight is only 170ish)
    Whatever makes you happy...I am mid 180's in my gifs.

but you are like 7 ft. tall. Did you play basketball?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    nothing sexier then this?

weightlifter-struggle-face.jpg

You're a peach.

You should think before you post
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I lift and I lift heavy but you can't say one thing is sexy then post picture of women that are close to ideal looking doing it while ignoring the fact that if someone that wasn't close to the normal standard was doing the same thing it would not be considered sexy.

Says you. You need to address your insecurities at your own expense and not someone else's.

As for ideal looking that's SO far across the board. No one has been excluded because they haven't had their pic posted. The fact that there IS a thread that is positive about us lifting in the first place should have clued you in that there is still a very restricted commercial ideal and female lifters aren't it.

We aren't in the magazines or raving about our Glade candle while bemoaning the spots on our wine glasses. So regardless of where one is, it's nice to get the occasional positive reinforcement.

It's sad that what you see makes you feel bitter. What is see is not "ideal" what I see is strong.
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    wish my husband thought that,
    but I love the way it makes me feel....so its for me, not him...and thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Then come on over and watch me lift, haul, and stack hay, 70 lbs. and up, 4 rows high. 100 reps and more. Live on a farm, don't need a gym.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

You know what? Go her. I think it's amazing and powerful, and power is sexy. Posting this just to make fun of her is pretty screwed up.

She's one of the reasons I started to lift. No offence to those who are smaller women, but I don't want to be small and strong. I WANT to be big & strong, I WANT to lift like her. (My goal weight is only 170ish)

There is a great documentary that follows (it may be her actually) a lifter like this and it's fascinating. It's at the end of her career at about 23 I think and she talks about the conflict between wanting to be what's considered pretty and her sport. Lemme go see if I can find it, you can rent it from Amazon. It's very humbling and inspirational and made me face some of my own conflicts.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I prefer to lift weights and feel sexy after lifting them... it seems to be the best use of my time and I don't feel like a gerbil on a wheel... like I do on a treadmill.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I try not to ogle in the weight room, but I do love seeing it.

Yup, this!!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    205-hip-thrusts.html
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I lift and I lift heavy but you can't say one thing is sexy then post picture of women that are close to ideal looking doing it while ignoring the fact that if someone that wasn't close to the normal standard was doing the same thing it would not be considered sexy.

YOU are the one insinuating that she isnt sexy. Is she on the bigger side? Yes. Was she caught making a crazy face while pulling of a difficult, technical lift? Yes. Does any of that make her unsexy? Nope.

I want to know how much she's lifting there. I'd probably make a similar face … heck, I probably do with my measly, less than body weight RDLs. I'm impressed by what she can do. This picture is as much (or more) selective to "prove a point" than any of the others.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/strong/

Here it is. Maybe the person who posted her pic could benefit from watching it most of all. In case the link doesn't work it's called Strong!
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! And I actually feel pretty sexy lifting too so there. :drinker:
    It's empowering.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    there's nothing grosser than a man who thinks he gets to comment on everything a woman does and how "sexy" it is for him. some of us are there to get our workout in, not to be ogled. ew.

I would watch you in between sets of squats when I'm hogging our only squat rack for 3-5 min rest periods while nobody has the stones to unload 8 plates off the bar...

And there it is... another reason I don't like you... :wink: and the reason isn't the ogling... but the non-sharing of the squat rack.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Whatever makes you happy...I am mid 180's in my gifs.

but you are like 7 ft. tall. Did you play basketball?
    No.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Sad to say you are in the minority. I get way more disparaging comments than compliments.
    Well, that makes it pretty easy to sort out whose comments are to be dismissed out of hand. Just curious, comments from men or from women?

Men to my face...women behind my back. HAHAHA

There were two little scrawny dudes in the gym last night laughing and speaking spanish while looking at me. Not sure if they were laughing at me or not. I just kept giving them the look like, if you're laughing at me, I'll kick your a@#! :wink: :smile:
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Then come on over and watch me lift, haul, and stack hay, 70 lbs. and up, 4 rows high. 100 reps and more. Live on a farm, don't need a gym.

Melsauntie, that is awesome!!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

That's called being a bad *kitten*; being awesome; being able to one up the next person.

That's a hell of a lot sexier than sitting behind a computer and trying to argue form vs function.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

YOU are the one insinuating that she isnt sexy. Is she on the bigger side? Yes. Was she caught making a crazy face while pulling of a difficult, technical lift? Yes. Does any of that make her unsexy? Nope.

I want to know how much she's lifting there. I'd probably make a similar face … heck, I probably do with my measly, less than body weight RDLs. I'm impressed by what she can do. This picture is as much (or more) selective to "prove a point" than any of the others.
    Looks like 80kg (just over 175 pounds) plus a 45 pound bar, for a total of 220. Awesome.

probably just warm up for her too...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Sad to say you are in the minority. I get way more disparaging comments than compliments.
    Well, that makes it pretty easy to sort out whose comments are to be dismissed out of hand. Just curious, comments from men or from women?

Men to my face...women behind my back. HAHAHA

There were two little scrawny dudes in the gym last night laughing and speaking spanish while looking at me. Not sure if they were laughing at me or not. I just kept giving them the look like, if you're laughing at me, I'll kick your a@#! :wink: :smile:

I get that a lot at my gym here (I'm working in Moscow). I've only met one person there who speaks English, and it's a co-worker of mine. I get looks, and eyes, and laughs... it's all sorts of confusing...
    I have, however, managed to somehow share the squat rack more than once with a guy without us understanding a word the other person was saying :P Non-verbal communication ftw.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    5vftc.gif

Is that PURPLE equipment?
    ZOMG LOL YEPS.

i deadlift there too.

Wish mine had a squat rack.

I wish ours had a true squat rack too... we have smith machines that they call squat racks... :ohwell: