There's nothing sexier than a watching women lift weights

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me soooooooo happy!!!! All this time I was feeling very unsexy when lifting (while enjoying watching the guys lift).
    Lifting weights and riding motorcycles - REAL WOMEN!!!

Well I agree on the weights but real women BOWHUNT!

I'm not saying that real women only lift and ride - I'm talking about women staying women eventhough they have men-type hobbies.

I'm not really comfortable with someone riding a motorcycle while lifting and bowhunting. Just getting the barbell past your helmet might present a challenge.

Ok, and I hate the 'real women' thing. It's divisive.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me soooooooo happy!!!! All this time I was feeling very unsexy when lifting (while enjoying watching the guys lift).

I'm not saying that real women only lift and ride - I'm talking about women staying women eventhough they have men-type hobbies.

I'm not really comfortable with someone riding a motorcycle while lifting and bowhunting. Just getting the barbell past your helmet might present a challenge.

real women breathe an atmosphere that is mostly nitrogen...
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    nothing sexier then this?

weightlifter-struggle-face.jpg
    I think that is sexy as hell & I don't care what anybody thinks. She's killing it...

Yep. She defines fierce for all of us lady lifters. So awesome.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    Well, now I now what a kipping pull up is. I would pay good money to see someone attempt that on a wall ledge.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    I lift at home but I remember that when I was in university, the girls would all be in the cardio room and I'd be the one lonely girl in the squat rack amongst the bro dudes. And I must say, it is pretty damn sexy to watch them lift as well. ;)
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

There has to be a way to work Chuck Norris in here.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well there's a few things sexier..... but not many.

Yeah? Like what? Yer pro pic?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

There has to be a way to work Chuck Norris in here.
    chuck-norris-doesnt-breathe-t-shirt.jpg

slick
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    Chuck Norris t shirt wins the thread.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options

That's called being a bad *kitten*; being awesome; being able to one up the next person.

That's a hell of a lot sexier than sitting behind a computer and trying to argue form vs function.

That was Holley before BL. This is Holley now and she is still going to kick butt lifting! She is VERY SEXAH!!

holley-mangold.jpg?d=600
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    OMG I love your sense of humor!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    No, not entirely. However, a fit woman lifting can be a good thing.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    What I didn't get before watching the documentary is the concept of mass moves mass. I just went into it wondering why she was so big and channeling that very ugly part of me that still belittles my own body. She is that big so she can move that much. Given our societal norms a young woman choosing to look a way she feels is regarded as unattractive for the sake of her sport, well, that was humbling to say the least.

It's not lack of self control that resulted in her looking that way, it's dedication to her sport.

She was on this season of the Biggest Loser and discussed struggling with the idea of losing weight for fear that she'd sacrifice her sport.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread! Bump!
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    Edit: since the thread moved a bit, this about the olympic lifter picture

Google is my friend. Holley Mangold. Her personal record is 562 pounds (combined snatch and clean-and-jerk). She's a very pretty, and confident, young lady and not deserving of the mock and scorn she sometimes gets (including the intent of the original posting of her picture in this thread)

http://www.salon.com/2012/07/30/holley_mangold_makes_conan_look_small/

http://www.teamusa.org/Athletes/MA/Holley-Mangold

She belongs in this thread, IMO.

Yes Ma'am. I agree.:smile:
  • MstngSammy
    Options
    nothing sexier then this?

Nothing is sexier THAN confidence :flowerforyou:
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I will type when I can feel my arms later. Tomorrow is leg day. So I might not be able to walk to the computer.