Anyone starting 30 Day Shred soon? Sept 2010

Options
xLyric
xLyric Posts: 840 Member
I'm starting it tomorrow, so I was wondering if anyone has started it recently or is starting soon. Is there a thread like that already? If not, you can share how well you're doing or how much you want to murder Jillian here with me. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Brandy0213
    Options
    Could you tell me what this is and where to find more information??? Second time I've heard it, but not sure what it is! THANK YOU!!!!
  • xLyric
    Options
    This is just info I've gathered, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

30 Day Shred is a workout video that is supposed to go over 30 days (but many people I've seen on here take breaks or even do it every other day), there are 3 levels, so I'm assuming you do each level 10 times. Jillian Michaels is the woman who does The Biggest Loser, and though I've never watched that I'm told she's less harsh in this DVD. She goes through stretches and a circuit of working your muscles and cardio.

I downloaded it free, don't tell the cops, but you can watch it here for free also before you get it: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UgpuDex8Iuo/

It's also for sale for around 10 dollars.
  • Hughes39
    Hughes39 Posts: 169
    Options
    I'm hoping to get one next week!
  • Hughes39
    Hughes39 Posts: 169
    Options
    I'm hoping to get one next week!
    I just googled it and learned that you could loose up to 20 lbs in 30 days! wow! I really want one now! Hopefully I'll get one next week
  • slimtoady
    Options
    A couple of day ago I saw that someone had started a thread to do the 30 Day Shred from like Aug 18 to Sept 18, or something like that anyway. I just did my very first day of 30 Day Shred today. It'll kick you're butt that's for sure and I actually didn't think Jillian came off as harsh. I'm really motivated though after all the positive threads and before & after pics I've seen from 30 Day Shred. So, good luck.:smile:
  • kjvanatta
    kjvanatta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday and boy am I sore! I had been working out, just not with this DVD.
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting today. I am going to take a before and after pic. We should post them here along with our results when we are finished. Good luck, I'm nervous!!
  • xLyric
    Options
    Toady, yeah, when I watched a bit of it she just seemed like the typical workout lady, haha. (AND ONE, AND TWO, GOOD! DON'T GIVE UP! FEEL THE BURN!)

Tissy, that's a great idea! Anyone who has a tape measure could post before and after measurements too, if they want. Good luck to you too! And to everyone else!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    I'm planning on starting this as well! I think there are a couple other threads but lets keep this one alive since we will be on the same schedule!
  • xLyric
    Options
    Yeah, I've seen a few for August, but none for September. I know we're starting a few days before, but that's okay.

I'm taking before pics tonight, and logged my start weight (221.6). I haven't measured yet, so I might do that tonight as well. I'm excited to see changes!

Good luck, bk! (And anyone else I missed, haha.)
  • Casablanca911
    Options
    A couple of day ago I saw that someone had started a thread to do the 30 Day Shred from like Aug 18 to Sept 18, or something like that anyway. I just did my very first day of 30 Day Shred today. It'll kick you're butt that's for sure and I actually didn't think Jillian came off as harsh. I'm really motivated though after all the positive threads and before & after pics I've seen from 30 Day Shred. So, good luck.:smile:

Thanks! You inspired me to check out the 30 day shred, I just bought it for $9. will start when it arrives!
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have done this and now she has a 30 day shred it with weights out. For anyone interested go to collagevideo.com and you can watch clips of any video you might want to purchase. I love that site. There is also a forum there to talk with others or to ask questions. Love that forum also.
  • xLyric
    Options
    That sounds interesting, bopper. I think the weights will be good for me though. Soon I'm going to be behind a 4lb puppet and WOW those things get heavy! Working my arms will be good!

Does anyone know what weight they'll be using? I'm thinking 2lb to start... Also they'll be easy if I just fill my water bottles with water... 2lbs each!
  • xLyric
    Options
    Oops, double post, sorry.
  • bk2011
    Options
    Yeah, I've seen a few for August, but none for September. I know we're starting a few days before, but that's okay.

I'm taking before pics tonight, and logged my start weight (221.6). I haven't measured yet, so I might do that tonight as well. I'm excited to see changes!

Good luck, bk! (And anyone else I missed, haha.)

I took before pictures and also my weight and measurements. I will post before and after pics in 30 days time with measurements as well. Gearing up for my first session!
  • bk2011
    Options
    That sounds interesting, bopper. I think the weights will be good for me though. Soon I'm going to be behind a 4lb puppet and WOW those things get heavy! Working my arms will be good!

Does anyone know what weight they'll be using? I'm thinking 2lb to start... Also they'll be easy if I just fill my water bottles with water... 2lbs each!

Forgot to add in my other post: I'm going to be using 3lb hand weights to start and go from there.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I just did day 6 of level one and I swear I feel less wobbley. Definately gets easier as well.
  • yummygoods
    yummygoods Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today was day 3 for me! I have been commenting on the older threads, but this will be better since we are all new!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I want to start it tomorrow! I would love to have a support group. I am going to measure tonight, weigh in tomorrow morning and post results here.

Good luck ladies!
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just did my first workout! YIKES!! I am so out of shape. It was a great workout though! I hope I keep up with it! Keep tabs on me guys! Whew!!!