Anyone starting 30 Day Shred soon? Sept 2010

Options

Replies

• louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all may I ask how heavy are the weights you use?
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Loulou, I use 3lb weights.

Good morning everyone! Let me tell you, I haven't shredded yet today (will after class) but boy are my legs KILLING me while walking aroubd campus. More specifically the front of my thighs !!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I've only been able to skim through the posts, but I was in a shred group for August and I'm looking for one for September. I wasn't really as dedicated to it as I could be because I also go to the gym and take zumba classes. So I was only doing it 3 to 4 days a week, not daily. I am on level 2/day 6. I'm getting ready to shred now so I was looking for some added support. Is it too late to join the group?
    I was hoping to be on level 3 by Labor day but I missed that mark because I was sick for a week.
    I want to Shred on Mons, Tuesday and Fridays. I hope to be through level 3 by the end of the month.
    I see a lot of people are working hard. I'm still having a hard time with push ups too. Good thing, there are only walking push ups in level 2.
  • abbiez
    Options
    Didnt post my start stats yesterday so here goes.

SW: 135lbs (apparently I ganed 1.6lbs since friday! not logging it on MFP til this friday..)

Measurements:
    Neck: 12.5 in.
    Waist: 28 in.
    Hips: 38.5 in. (a site i found said to measure where your booty protrudes the most, where do you measure your hips?)
    Rt thigh: 23 in.
    Lft thigh: 23 in.
    Lovely <3 handles: 37 in. (eek! :noway:)
    Rt bicep: 12 in.
    Lft bicep: 12in.
    Bust: 35.5 in (this better stay the same!!!!!)
    Pooch (measured level with belly button): 35in.
    Rt calf: 14.25 in.
    Lft calf: 14.5 in (yeah theyre diff, wth?!)

PICS (excuse the face, didnt know what kind of face to make haha):
    4278k.jpg
    20928w7.jpg
    106cwo9.jpg

EXCUSE MY MESST ROOM :laugh:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Officially started today, I only held on for 17min, gonna pick up again Thursday, then break for this weekend and then do 3days next week :) I don't weigh in til Friday, but here are my measurements as of right now(even though its mid-afternoon and I've eaten recently, I'll deal with it) :

Neck 14in
    Upper Arm L 14.5 R 14
    Under Chest 37
    Waist 38.5
    Across the belly button 43.5
    Belly Pooch-area(just below belly button) 49
    Hips(measured just below pooch area) 46
    Thigh L 27.5 R 27.5
    Calf L 16 R 16
    No body pics yet as I'm not do for them for another 2weeks, I do have pics on my profile from June, July, and August.
  • hmlayman
    Options
    I am back in action after 3 days of resting because the gym was closed :( I think it did well because I am not sore at all. I am having problems with my knee though. It is making it very difficult to keep up but I don't plan on stopping!! I THINK I noticed a tad more of endurance but sometimes I wonder if it is as hard for other people as it is for me because this is day 4 and I am struggling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not do the push ups, (I can't) instead I do wall push ups and even those are tough:( Hope everything starts looking up!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I decided to finish day 1 this evening, officially completed all of day one :)
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    leelaw, definitely not too late to join in! Good luck continuing on!

layman, I'm on day 10 and supposedly my endurance was supposed to be up, but it's not. Maybe a little, I am able to complete the whole 30 minutes (20 plus stretches) now, when I couldn't before, so there's that. I think definitely push through! You can do it. :drinker:

One thing I did notice at work today, I have forearm muscles now. :bigsmile: Not somewhere I was expecting to gain muscle but it's there. I even went around my family, holding their arms, and saying, "Clench your arm... Now stop... Now clench..." :laugh: Because I wasn't sure if I had gained muscle or if it was something I just hadn't noticed before, but I think I can say for sure now it's new muscle! I think I feel more in my upper arms too!

I watched a bit of level 2 to prepare myself for tomorrow and I can't stop staring at Jillian's boobs. She needs to double up her sportsbras again. :laugh: :noway:
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Great idea posting pics! I'm hoping to post a 'after' 30 days of shred picture with a before for comparison, assuming I can actually see a difference!

Brunettewife - Great job on going back to finish day one. That first 6 minutes is always killer for me, but after that I feel like the workout flies. I still can't do many push ups though so thats frustrating.

I missed Monday's work out because of the holiday, but am still planning to go to level 2 on the 10th. I've decided to only weight in every 2 weeks, and am not taking measurements again until the month is done.

Good luck everyone. Have a great Wed and happy shredding!
  • xButtercup
    xButtercup Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm downloading it right now! Hope it's not too late to join you ladies!
  • xLyric
    Options
    Not at all, welcome, Buttercup! Good luck!

bk, I'm not measuring again until the end either. I still weigh every week (or every day, haha, but I only log it once a week). I'm down almost a whole pound (not a lot, but it's progress) and I'm trying not to log it, but I want to see that ticker go up!

I think I'm only going to post my pics if there's a difference too... My before is really bad, haha, and I'm not displaying that all by itself!
  • abbiez
    Options
    Probably not gonna shred today. I didnt wake up early enough to do it before class and im about to head to work now. I did have a two hour gap between class and work but i wanted to make a good lunch and sit down and enjoy it. I work this job 2-6 then another job 630-11 so maybe if im not too tired ill shred when I get home..

If not ill be back at it tomorrow for sure :-)
  • xLyric
    Options
    Probably not gonna shred today. I didnt wake up early enough to do it before class and im about to head to work now. I did have a two hour gap between class and work but i wanted to make a good lunch and sit down and enjoy it. I work this job 2-6 then another job 630-11 so maybe if im not too tired ill shred when I get home..

If not ill be back at it tomorrow for sure :-)

Same here! Usually I have a gap between classes that I use on Wednesdays, but today I had to work. Besides that and being exhaused, I think it'll be good to have a day break before starting level 2!
  • hmlayman
    Options
    Ok, I am having a serious issue ladies. My right knee is inured somehow. I don't know what's wrong with it or how it happened but I can barely walk much less exercise. I am so bummed:brokenheart: It is hurting very badly and I cannot be active at all, & my diary is showing it. :frown: I don't know what to do but I don't want to give up. Seems like if it isn't one thing it's another :(
  • abbiez
    Options
    Ok, I am having a serious issue ladies. My right knee is inured somehow. I don't know what's wrong with it or how it happened but I can barely walk much less exercise. I am so bummed:brokenheart: It is hurting very badly and I cannot be active at all, & my diary is showing it. :frown: I don't know what to do but I don't want to give up. Seems like if it isn't one thing it's another :(

Go to a doctor! Make sure its nothing serious. Hope its feeling better!
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1. Getting a bit easier, legs are not as sore as they were, must be getting used to it. Getting worried that level 2 will be here soon!!!!
  • xLyric
    Options

Oh no. Definitely go to the doctor of course, but if you're that worried about exercise you could look up some upper body exercises, but don't push it. If you need to rest, rest! Remember, you'll still lose just by staying under your calories.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    IT IS WORKING!! Down 3 lbs this week! You all have helped me to stick to this! THANK YOU! Here's to 3 more weeks!:drinker: Ok I am late getting ready for work! Just had to share what the scale had to say this morning! I guess he is not so bad after all! lol:bigsmile:
  • xLyric
    Options
    IT IS WORKING!! Down 3 lbs this week! You all have helped me to stick to this! THANK YOU! Here's to 3 more weeks!:drinker: Ok I am late getting ready for work! Just had to share what the scale had to say this morning! I guess he is not so bad after all! lol:bigsmile:

Great job! Keep up the good work. :bigsmile:

I'm dreading/looking forward to level 2 today... I wonder if we log it the same or different?
  • misstricky
    Options
    Somewhat related, I just ordered the new Jillian DVD: Shred It With Weights: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TJM69C/ref=oss_product

Because I was looking for a lightweight training DVD for days when its impossible for me to get to the gym. I'm excited to try it, it looks like its supposed to be a fantastic workout.