Anyone starting 30 Day Shred soon? Sept 2010

Options

Replies

• JessikaJ
    JessikaJ Posts: 43
    Options
    finished my 30 days last night (it took me 33 days tho, oops)

Stick with it ladies.. somedays i dreaded doing it but i am very happy with the results. Lost about 8 lbs and lots of inches.. wish i would have done measurements from day 1 but i didnt!

I am no 3 lbs under my pre pregnancy weight and Max is only 2 months old! I still have about 15 lbs more I would like to lose and the 30 day shred was definitely a great start to getting back in shape..

My flexability and endurance has increased immensely just from doing this work out! I RAN 3 miles on the treadmill last night!! I still cant believe it!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Ok I'm going to try to do a check in on this thread daily. I also agree that the workout is using muscles that haven't been used in a while, because man am I sore. Let's all stick with it though and hopefully we will see the results we are going for! I'm not sure yet if I'm going to aim to do it in 30 days still, or like a previous poster said, keep at a level until I master it without modifications. Time will tell! Good Luck all! I will check back in later after I've done my workout for the day!
  • FluffyGirl79
    Options
    I have the 30ds dvd in my bedroom with the plastic on it:frown: I am so unmotiivated but I would like to start
    Same here. It's been collecting dust since Christmas. Before I got pregnant, I was doing the 30ds because it was on Comcast On Demand for free. After the baby came, I bought the DVD so I could start it again, and it's still in the package. I bought another Jillian DVD that isn't opened either.

No more excuses for me. Gotta get motivated and lose the weight!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I am on level 3 of the30 day shred, its taking me longer than most due to sickness and what but I have lost 5.5 inches off my waist 2 inches off my hips and 9lbs. It really it a great work out.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea with the push ups yummy. I do these wimpy girly pushups where I barely go down at all. I keep thinking the same thing: I'll be able to do it eventually right? Right??

Just went to school and I have to tell you guys... stairs are the DEVIL. Sheesh, the front of my thighs were really sore, I was practically limping. It's not so bad the rest of the time, it's just those stairs! Hopefully the muscles will get over it soon!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    OK today's 20 min workout DONE! I'm logging it as "circuit training, general" so it says I burn about 225-250 in 20 minutes. Is this what everyone else is doing? I know someone else previously said their HRM said 175 or something, but I think I weigh quite a bit more than her if I'm remembering correctly! Maybe I will change one of my goal 'rewards' to a HRM! Planning on running this evening after the baby's in bed! I wish he had predictable naps so I could get in some quality time on the treadmill during the day. I hate working out at 9pm because then I'm UP for a while afterwards. Today is a day off from work so its not horrible today...but on days when I work and don't get home until 7:30, working out at 9 is HARD! Good luck today ladies. Until tomorrow...
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea with the push ups yummy. I do these wimpy girly pushups where I barely go down at all. I keep thinking the same thing: I'll be able to do it eventually right? Right??

Just went to school and I have to tell you guys... stairs are the DEVIL. Sheesh, the front of my thighs were really sore, I was practically limping. It's not so bad the rest of the time, it's just those stairs! Hopefully the muscles will get over it soon!

Oh I know!! The stairs are the worst, especially walking down them! AND, I have to do this 100 times a day while carrying a 26 pound toddler each way. I can't wait until my muscles get stronger!!
  • souldancer
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am excited to join you all doing the 30 shred. I will be doing it 2 days a weeks over a 4 month span, to get a full 30 days of Shred. I am 17 weeks pregnant with my second child. This will be challenging. My goal is definetly not to lose weight as I will be expanding as my munchkin grows. I want to stay healthy and be fit. We can all meet our personal goals.
  • xLyric
    Options
    bk, that's what I log it as also. With people saying it's less, it definitely makes me want a HRM. We'll see how much weight we lose by following MTP, hopefully it's acurate enough to let us keep losing!
    souldancer, welcome and good luck!
  • kjvanatta
    kjvanatta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How are you longging the 30 day shred into your exercise journal? I know I'm not doing it right.
  • xLyric
    Options
    How are you longging the 30 day shred into your exercise journal? I know I'm not doing it right.

Everyone I've asked/everything I've read they all say circuit training (general) is the closest, so that's what I put, for 20 minutes.

That's probably the most accurate we can get without using a heart rate monitor. Some people have said that putting in circuit training was a little over what they actually burned when they compared it with their HRM, so we should probably keep that in mind... (Though their own weight would be different so who knows really.) So yeah. Sorry for rambling, haha. I'd just put circuit training.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    :smile: i"m starting the shred sept frist just got it today,looks good
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I missed it today :( bit late now as well.

But I got weighed and have lost 2lb, so 2lb and 1 inch in 7 days of doing this.
  • LessofLynsey
    Options
    I will be starting it (again) tomorrow. It's a great workout. I always get super sore for a few days but after that it's fine. I may even mix it up with the other 3 Jillian videos I have.
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3. I think it is still as hard as day one and I am very sore, but I actually hung in there a little better today. I see some progress. :flowerforyou:
  • xLyric
    Options
    Just finished Day 3. I think it is still as hard as day one and I am very sore, but I actually hung in there a little better today. I see some progress. :flowerforyou:

Same here! Still hard but I took less breaks, so there's some improvement there! My legs still hate stairs though. :noway:
  • hmlayman
    Options
    MY 30DS HAS MADE IT OUT OF THE PLASTIC!!!!:smile: or :frown: ? not sure.... ugh. Today is my first day, obviously did level one and man!! What a workout?! I am very sore, and have been since 20 minutes after the workout. I found it very hard to do, but I am not going to stop! I am so motivated. I am using one pound weights right now but I believe I will be moving up very soon. I did 20 minutes of running before hand and 15 afterword. Lots of sweating needless to say!
  • faithjones83
    faithjones83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did my 1st 30 day shred workout tonight. It really worked me good. It remeindedme of when I was going to a personal trainer and my heartrate monitor sid I burned a ton of calories. I feel much better now and I am going to stick with it. I may do something different in the morning and still do this at night just because I am trying to become a workout freak I guess:) anyway my starting measurements are neck 15". waist 41", and hips 45". My DH left before I could get him to take a before pic but I will see what I can do
  • Krysta150
    Options
    I will be dusting off my copy tomorrow. Although I'll be out of town a bit in September and unable to do it on those days, I will make sure I find other activity then. Just need to get back into a regular fitness routine, I think this will help a lot!
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I had done 30 day shred in the past when my sister said 'oh, its to hard for me, you want mine?' I loved it, but fell out of exercising (again) for one reason or another (probably summer time gin& tonics taking up all my free time?).
    Started again when i started on here (not even a week ago) when a friend, and all her friends, were starting. I did 3 days of level one but moved onto level 2 yesterday. I feel like the cardio kicks my butt harder in level 2 and the static lunges (as oppossed to the 'popping out' as she calls it) is less stress on my knees but still a killer for the quads and hammies!
    I also throw in some of my other videos/dvds (i have a small collection)...my favs are my crunch dvds. Cardio pilates, cardio go-go, yoga with weights...
    AND for those of you modifying your push-ups...you could also try wall push ups where you stand away from the wall and push away using the wall as if it was the floor. just be sure you're keeping your abs tight and back straight. long line from the top of your head to the bottom of you feet!! :happy:
    I didn't take any pics but i know that i love seeing the muscles in my arms moving around when i do my shoulder raises!!
    keep up the good (HARD!) work!!

oh, and i'm crap at this forum stuff...but someone posted awhile back about migraines...I used to have one constant tension headache as a child. Once i moved out on my own and started taking care of myself the headaches slowly went away. now I get them rarely. I attribute it to the exercise. I know migraines and tension headaches are not equal, but maybe it's a glimmer of hope that a constant routine could lessen the occurances of them?

and that's my shpeal (shpeal??)