Anyone starting 30 Day Shred soon? Sept 2010

Options

Replies

• nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join? It's been 2yrs since I've done this video all out. Today was L1D3 on the shred. My body is screaming at me. Who knew a person's armpits could hurt?

starting measurements:
    weight - 183lbs
    chest - 40 inches
    waist - 37 inches
    hips- 44 inches
    thighs - 26 inches
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    Need to but weights though, bottles of water are not heavy enough..

if you don't have weights, try can's of soup! jillian only uses them for the added resistance not for bulking up. so if you have a couple large cans of soup if the water bottles aren't heavy enough, try filling them with sand and put a little water in the sand. :happy:
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    IT IS WORKING!! Down 3 lbs this week! You all have helped me to stick to this! THANK YOU! Here's to 3 more weeks!:drinker: Ok I am late getting ready for work! Just had to share what the scale had to say this morning! I guess he is not so bad after all! lol:bigsmile:

GREAT JOB! So excited for you...keep shredding!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Mind if I join? It's been 2yrs since I've done this video all out. Today was L1D3 on the shred. My body is screaming at me. Who knew a person's armpits could hurt?

starting measurements:
    weight - 183lbs
    chest - 40 inches
    waist - 37 inches
    hips- 44 inches
    thighs - 26 inches

Hello, and welcome! The first 4-5 days were killer for me...I was sore EVERYWHERE! I'm starting level 2 tomorrow so I'm sure the soreness will return with new exercises.
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, welcome Clarissa!

Day 2 without shredding. I've been so off today and yesterday. I feel different and in a funk. I didnt go to class this a.m. and missed a impromptu quiz, my rooms a mess, i havent been studying. im not going to get into it bc if youre my friend, ive already flooded your news feed with ranting and beetchin.

back to shredding tomorrow i PROMISE. itll be L1D3.

i need to pull up outta this funk!!!
  • abbiez
    Options
    IT IS WORKING!! Down 3 lbs this week! You all have helped me to stick to this! THANK YOU! Here's to 3 more weeks!:drinker: Ok I am late getting ready for work! Just had to share what the scale had to say this morning! I guess he is not so bad after all! lol:bigsmile:

GREAT job. so happy for you :-) this makes me want to get back with it tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Welcome Clarissa! (And anyone else I missed. :flowerforyou: )

abbiez, the more tired you are the harder the workout will be, so get some sleep! :yawn: I finally get to have a looong night of sleep tonight.

Day 1 of Level 2 today! It was just about like L1, in that I took too many shortcuts/breaks. :ohwell: But tomorrow I'm getting new 3lb weights (that I expect will kill me) and I'm going to try to tough it out! The last workout for L2 in a plank position, twist your bottom half type thing, and when they started I just stood there and thought, "Oh no way." :laugh: I eventually got down there and half-assed it, but hey, I managed to do the hard version of the jumping push ups! I thought those would be the hardest, so I'm glad for that at least!
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im L1D5 and its getting easier, I up'd my weights to 2.3kg each arm ( ano im soo weak!!) Scared of the thought of L2..
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    Still sore this morning, but not as sore as the last two days. Looking forward to getting through the workout w/o having to stop at all today. Here's hoping!

There's plank in L2? Oy, I so can't do that. o_O
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Still sore this morning, but not as sore as the last two days. Looking forward to getting through the workout w/o having to stop at all today. Here's hoping!

I know the feeling, I'm still a bit sore, not as much as yesterday and the day prior, yikes!

I hope to start up again (possibly today) soon, but I think I might hold off til after my 5k next Saturday so I'm not sore. I decided to 5k train yesterday and instead it was almost all walking and no running, so I don't want to hurt myself before next weekend. Once the 5k is over with, I'll be back on the shred. :)
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options

I know the feeling, I'm still a bit sore, not as much as yesterday and the day prior, yikes!

I hope to start up again (possibly today) soon, but I think I might hold off til after my 5k next Saturday so I'm not sore. I decided to 5k train yesterday and instead it was almost all walking and no running, so I don't want to hurt myself before next weekend. Once the 5k is over with, I'll be back on the shred. :)

Good luck on your run!

Plank isn't that bad, much better than pushups! (In fact, whoever suggested plank a while back is a genius, I almost feel like I can do a pushup now, almost there. :bigsmile:
  • hmlayman
    Options
    My knee is still injured... I feel like a slug. I want to exercise so bad. Plus I don't want to get way behind the thread! I haven't went to the doctor yet because I am expecting them to tell me it's nothing. And still charge me a lot of money for it. Glad everyone is doing good!
  • abbiez
    Options
    My knee is still injured... I feel like a slug. I want to exercise so bad. Plus I don't want to get way behind the thread! I haven't went to the doctor yet because I am expecting them to tell me it's nothing. And still charge me a lot of money for it. Glad everyone is doing good!

Why dont you do punches, like Jillian suggests in L1? I remember her syaing punching across the body is a great way to get cardio in while having a lower body injury! also why dont you take it to the floor with your weights and do some chest flies (thats what theyre called right?!) and some of those press things without the squats.. just some ideas :-)

im hoping your knee feels better soon! :happy:
  • abbiez
    Options
    As for me, I'm off to shred right now! :-) Running later tonight. My 5k is oct 9 and im nowhere near ready!
  • giggles29169
    giggles29169 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So I started 30ds on Sept 8th I'm planning to use it days when I don't go to the gym...Hopefully I can post pics when I get a chance to upload them...man it is it tuff!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I ordered my 30ds yesterday! I can't wait for it to come in the mail it was only 8 bucks on amazon :)
  • flower47
    Options
    Hi just ordered it wont arrive till monday so we r looking forward to doing it
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    Just finished L1D4... I'm seriously starting to question if I'm going to be ready to move on to L2 in 6 days..... I still can't get all the way through L1 w/o stopping.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well, decided it was time for me to suck it up, I just finished Level 1 Day 2 :) And I went all the way through and only took one 5sec break :) Woot Woot!!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    Well, decided it was time for me to suck it up, I just finished Level 1 Day 2 :) And I went all the way through and only took one 5sec break :) Woot Woot!!

Awesome!