Today I quit everything, Welcome me to MFP!

Options

Replies

• M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I remember when I quit everything, I had nothing to do :laugh:
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options
    Dear OP,

Please send me a friend request. I re-joined this pathetic community just because I was so disgusted to see the way you were being treated.

You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves. She did nothing wrong, she said nothing wrong. You saw some topic you could jump on, be stupid pedants, and make some really bad jokes. And like wolves you descended.

You referenced the Hunger Games in your first post, that's cool. My daughter and I love those books. I'd be really happy if I could be your friend and encourage you along the way.

Thank you I have sent you a request.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Did you create a thread that day to entertain yourself and insult people that were trying to offer advice? Because THAT is how you do it you know.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yeah I vote troll too, unless this person has been living under a rock and never learned how to introduce herself or make friends properly lol. OP, and person who apparently re-activated their account in solidarity, a good tip for making new friends is to not come across as completely abrasive and pompous RIGHT off the hop. You have to ease your way into that *kitten* after you've lulled people into thinking you're a good person.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Wow, pass the popcorn please
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    My favorite song comes on...this is me. I don't even try to hide it. I just let my piss poor dance moves flow. Whatever gets me through 20 minutes on that confounded machine....
    IN

424.gif?w=223&h=382

OP: Welcome to the resistance.
  • Headingforhealthier
    Options
    Guidance : When first arriving anywhere new, a little humility goes a long way.

^^ This. Except she's been here since August, so I don't think "new" is the right word.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

Please send me a friend request. I re-joined this pathetic community just because I was so disgusted to see the way you were being treated.

You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves. She did nothing wrong, she said nothing wrong. You saw some topic you could jump on, be stupid pedants, and make some really bad jokes. And like wolves you descended.

You referenced the Hunger Games in your first post, that's cool. My daughter and I love those books. I'd be really happy if I could be your friend and encourage you along the way.

sounds fishy.

Nope. Totally genuine. Not at all the OP making a sock puppet account to stir more trouble.

Just as well most everyone around here enjoys a good trolling, really.

IS THAT SARCASM OR ARE YOU JUST A MORON?

trololol

Eh, little from column A, little from column B.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Wooah, OP, is Hudson House still there? Or Grandma's Buffet?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Bets on how many weeks until OP is banned? I give it 3 more days.

No way. Rage quit in 3...2...1...

Honestly I'd just start over if I was her. It's not like she's got a big streak going or all of her recipes already entered.

Why would I start over? I just set everything to my preferences. Most of the comments on here aren't even topic related. I think the 16 friends I have acquired thus far should be very sufficient seeing as I am not totally sure what to do to them or with them yet. Will take it a day at a time. If I need more in the future I will be sure to make another post this one did so well and so quickly too! :drinker: Cheers to all who responded, and good luck to all of you on your journey.

See?

:flowerforyou:
  • Lilly1130
    Options
    Wow ... just wow... I'm new too and now I'm thinking this site may be way too much like my pregnancy board I used to read a lot... Guess I need to read more threads to get a real idea of what this site is all about?
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Everything about this thread made me happy.

Especially that gif. Yes, that one.
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options
    Originally clicked on this hoping to connect with others who have recently quit smoking. What exactly did OP quit? Not seeing anything specific...

I quit smoking cigarettes permanently, pot for the time being until I can get to maintenance and pretty much the same for drinking. I will partake in a glass of wine every now and then. I am still not sure about the pot though. I have plenty of time to get to maint. so I will decide by then. Thanks for the inquiry.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Did you create a thread that day to entertain yourself and insult people that were trying to offer advice? Because THAT is how you do it you know.

I actually side with the OP!

This place can be quite the hive mind at times, sometimes a little compassion goes a long way, certain people may not find their way to a place like this on their best footing. Don't get me wrong, some people on here deserve all they get based on their actions. Not this OP, she seems cool in my book and amusing, in a smart way :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I feel like not giving up pot would do wonders for the OP's disposition.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Originally clicked on this hoping to connect with others who have recently quit smoking. What exactly did OP quit? Not seeing anything specific...

I quit smoking cigarettes permanently, pot for the time being until I can get to maintenance and pretty much the same for drinking. I will partake in a glass of wine every now and then. I am still not sure about the pot though. I have plenty of time to get to maint. so I will decide by then. Thanks for the inquiry.

On a serious note (yes, we can be serious here), I suggest you don't give up anything you don't intend to give up forever. If you don't learn to moderate your eating while still smoking pot, then when you hit maintenance and start smoking it again, you can expect to put it all back on again.

The most successful people on MFP have made the way they eat fit their lifestyle.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I bet when you lose the weight and find out your face really isn't pretty your gonna wish you had a better personality.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten* this got even better.
This discussion has been closed.