Today I quit everything, Welcome me to MFP!

Options

Replies

• brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Aspergers popped in my mind too. We are always so quick to jump instead of taking a step back and a moment to think
  • jooles48
    Options
    wow, way to make friends and influence people.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I bet when you lose the weight and find out your face really isn't pretty your gonna wish you had a better personality.

giphy.gif

That was just rude!!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I bet when you lose the weight and find out your face really isn't pretty your gonna wish you had a better personality.

I thought about making a medicine ball comment earlier, but I was a good boy and refrained.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Originally clicked on this hoping to connect with others who have recently quit smoking. What exactly did OP quit? Not seeing anything specific...

I quit smoking cigarettes permanently, pot for the time being until I can get to maintenance and pretty much the same for drinking. I will partake in a glass of wine every now and then. I am still not sure about the pot though. I have plenty of time to get to maint. so I will decide by then. Thanks for the inquiry.

On a serious note (yes, we can be serious here), I suggest you don't give up anything you don't intend to give up forever. If you don't learn to moderate your eating while still smoking pot, then when you hit maintenance and start smoking it again, you can expect to put it all back on again.

The most successful people on MFP have made the way they eat fit their lifestyle.

I agree with this, maybe it's just me but I've never found pot to be that big of a deal in terms of affecting progress, at least it has no calories!
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Its all your fault Arghbowl You hit the thick skinned lady with a puff ball.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

That was just rude!!

I think someones grandmother felt that.
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options
    In, because I can tell the OP is going to be an amazing addition to the MFP community.

I'm nominating her for volunteer mod status right now.

I don't know...I feel like she would be a superb candidate for the adopt a noob program. As a mentor, of course, given all of her logic, and thick skin, and all.

Any guidance is well accepted and appreciated. I am sure in time after spending more than the few hours I have I will figure this site out. We are all noobs at some point. I wouldn't help me though to be honest. Well I might after reading the profile, we would have so much in common. Decisions, decisions :flowerforyou:

Guidance : When first arriving anywhere new, a little humility goes a long way.

It is not my priority to establish your emotional condition and then trot around it as not to offend you. If you mistake honesty for someone not being humble that's on you. My priority is to be honest not fake so the expectations of the friends I add are not deceitful. I am in no way perfect, I never will be. But I will not conform so that I act and say the things you feel I should in the way you feel I should. Never going to happen. If I am not mistaken the comment above clearly states I admit to being a noob as we all once were. Accepting all help and being very appreciative...I guess your humble and my humble have diff meanings. Whatever floats your boat sir. As my nieces say to me all the time...Aunt T get in where ya fit in. I will not apologize for being a square peg and I will never fit in that circular opening. But thank you for your concern, I suggest you use it on someone who values your opinions on humility.
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow ... just wow... I'm new too and now I'm thinking this site may be way too much like my pregnancy board I used to read a lot... Guess I need to read more threads to get a real idea of what this site is all about?

I think this thread is pretty much par for the course... a little bit of serious advice, plenty of sarcasm, a touch of rudeness(okay, more than a touch), lots of dogpiling, and gifs. Yep, looks like the gang's all here!

*ducks and runs*
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I remember when I quit everything, I had nothing to do :laugh:

Did you create a thread that day to entertain yourself and insult people that were trying to offer advice? Because THAT is how you do it you know.

I actually side with the OP!

This place can be quite the hive mind at times, sometimes a little compassion goes a long way, certain people may not find their way to a place like this on their best footing. Don't get me wrong, some people on here deserve all they get based on their actions. Not this OP, she seems cool in my book and amusing, in a smart way :)

OP explicitly states that they feel superior to most other people they meet. Also that they have thick skin. Then reacted abrasively to what can only be referred to as a little mild good-natured ribbing. From that point on, it was open fire, all weapons.

There were two ways this could have gone. The ribbing could have been taken good naturedly, with a little funny back and forth, or this could have happened.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    now-what.jpg
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    OP responds to what she perceives as a rude comment with another rude comment, then realizes rude comment was actually sarcasm. Admits she was wrong, gets told she is a piece of crap with a bad personality and possibly has Asperger's.

Okay, I'm starting to understand this place a bit better.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Aspergers popped in my mind too. We are always so quick to jump instead of taking a step back and a moment to think

Is it b/c she says she doesn't get sarcasm? I think she does get it and just got butthurt considering she used sarcasm in a reply:
    Okay per your advice I will start smoking cigarettes, binge drinking and smoking an oz every 3 days
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Originally clicked on this hoping to connect with others who have recently quit smoking. What exactly did OP quit? Not seeing anything specific...

I quit smoking cigarettes permanently, pot for the time being until I can get to maintenance and pretty much the same for drinking. I will partake in a glass of wine every now and then. I am still not sure about the pot though. I have plenty of time to get to maint. so I will decide by then. Thanks for the inquiry.

On a serious note (yes, we can be serious here), I suggest you don't give up anything you don't intend to give up forever. If you don't learn to moderate your eating while still smoking pot, then when you hit maintenance and start smoking it again, you can expect to put it all back on again.

The most successful people on MFP have made the way they eat fit their lifestyle.
    Quoting this since it's being ignored.
  • Boo522
    Boo522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't entertain the nonsense. Welcome to MFP.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    OP responds to what she perceives as a rude comment with another rude comment, then realizes rude comment was actually sarcasm. Admits she was wrong, gets told she is a piece of crap with a bad personality and possibly has Asperger's.

Okay, I'm starting to understand this place a bit better.

Perfect cliffs for anyone coming in late.

In for round 2
  • PrincessCris
    Options
    I love her. <3

Welcome to MFP, can't you tell we are all a happy family??
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I remember when I quit everything, I had nothing to do :laugh:

Did you create a thread that day to entertain yourself and insult people that were trying to offer advice? Because THAT is how you do it you know.

I actually side with the OP!

This place can be quite the hive mind at times, sometimes a little compassion goes a long way, certain people may not find their way to a place like this on their best footing. Don't get me wrong, some people on here deserve all they get based on their actions. Not this OP, she seems cool in my book and amusing, in a smart way :)

Please note...I did not start in on this thread until I saw she insulted someone for lifting. Calling them a meathead moron. Sooooo. You have that and the fact that anyone will tell you I am not part of any "hive mind" I develop my own opinions.
  • HappyNewTamera2014
    Options
    Oddly enough I feel like not giving up pot would do wonders for the OP's disposition.

Yes I often ponder it. I justify use of it as medicinal. I am getting healthier (I do not take any medicines yet) to prevent having to take medicine. So technically if I am healthy I really wouldn't need to smoke a joint anymore. This is something I am going to argue back and forth with myself. It may be something I do in moderation compared to my recent actions. Like a glass of wine with dinner or something. If I cannot control my munchies I will be left no choice but to stop.
This discussion has been closed.