you can't lose stomach fat if you don't eat "clean"?

Options

Replies

• saradord
    saradord Posts: 129
    Options
    everyones has their own unique biochoemical individuality so not one diet will work for another, its mainly about support and realizing we are human , amazing stories to ready , Great work!!

This is the second time you have used this term. What is your definition of it?
    everyone has unique and specific genetically determined nutrition requirements

everyones genetics are different , thus meaning we all dont lose weight the same or store it the same, our bodies are different, our metabolisms are different our hormones are different meaning you could put 2 people on the same diet and they will loose it diffferently.

Care to elaborate?

sorry I posted that above your question!!! silly me, lol!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    everyones has their own unique biochoemical individuality so not one diet will work for another, its mainly about support and realizing we are human , amazing stories to ready , Great work!!

This is the second time you have used this term. What is your definition of it?

everyones genetics are different , thus meaning we all dont lose weight the same or store it the same, our bodies are different, our metabolisms are different our hormones are different meaning you could put 2 people on the same diet and they will loose it diffferently.

Care to elaborate?

Except that's not really true. We all have the same hormones, our metabolic pathways are all the same, and our bodies are pretty much the same.
  • saradord
    Options

This is the second time you have used this term. What is your definition of i

Care to elaborate?

Except that's not really true. We all have the same hormones, our metabolic pathways are all the same, and our bodies are pretty much the same.
    [/quote Really??
  • saradord
    Options

This is the second time you have used this term. What is your definition of i

Care to elaborate?

[/quote Really??
    I say black you say white. you seem to disagree with what everyone says on MFP !!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Yes, really, with very few exceptions for genuine disorders. All the same enzymes. All the same cellular components. All the same pH, blood glucose levels, organs, etc etc. Chemistry and physiology vary very little from person to person. Even BMR varies little from person to person.

We're not really all that different, and we all lose weight the same way.
  • saradord
    Options
    Yes, really, with very few exceptions for genuine disorders. All the same enzymes. All the same cellular components. All the same pH, blood glucose levels, organs, etc etc. Chemistry and physiology vary very little from person to person. Even BMR varies little from person to person.

[/quote

so if we went on the same diet we would loose the same amount of weight in the same places ???
  • saradord
    Options

[/quote

so if we went on the same diet we would loose the same amount of weight in the same places ???
    I

also our hormone levels are the same???yes everyones metobolic pathways are the same but some dont not progress the same.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Please learn to quote correctly.

If we both ran the same calorie deficit we would both lose about the same amount of weight, yes. Not from the same places.
  • saradord
    Options

If we both ran the same calorie deficit we would both lose about the same amount of weight, yes. Not from the same places.
    obviously!! I understand how calorie deficit works, your missing the point!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

obviously!! I understand how calorie deficit works, your missing the point!

Clearly I must be missing it too... explain.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    it is two parts:

1) no matter how much ab work you do, you won't be able to see them until your body fat % gets fairly low. That is done by maintaining a caloric deficit.

2) Not as big of a deal as 1, but certain food can cause water retention which can make you appear a little pudgy. However, if your %BF is low, your abs will still show, they just won't be quite as defined.

"clean" diet has very little to do with it, honestly. But it is easier to keep water under control and keep a caloric deficit when you aren't eating a lot of junk food.

I agree with you.

What foods cause you to retain water?
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i have to say its two parts one.. this is what works for me bio individuality.

i have always said its 80% food and 20% exercise.. you cant outwork a crap diet

i follow eat to live.. dr furhman.. nutrient dense foods. i make 90 % of my own meals.. plant based, no meat, dairy, gluten for me.

i started at 370 pounds.. it wasn't until i really started eating clean my weight started dropping and i can finally see my abs starting to form. still have a ways to go.

i workout 30 min, minimum a day.. eat clean and drink 64 oz of water.

i have went from 370 pounds to 165.. but it wasn't until i cleaned up my eating everything started falling in place.

i call it the power of 3..

eat clean, train mean hydrate = get lean

clean choices, 30 min a day at least of exercise and 64 oz of water this is what has worked for me..

now exercising helps me burn calories, but more importantly it helps me stay motivated..

just my thoughts.. what works for one doesn't work for everyone.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    i have always said its 80% food and 20% exercise.. you cant outwork a crap diet

Actually you can... the only thing you can't out train is a caloric surplus... if fat loss is your goal.

If muscle growth is your goal, a caloric surplus is your friend...
  • J72FIT
    Options

Carbs... but then again, if you are properly hydrated your body will release excess water. Carbs I believe do draw more water into the muscles making them appear fuller.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I have a relatively flat stomach....I had pizza for dinner last night, and just ate a candy bar. But I didn't eat too much pizza, and the candy bar was a mini.
  • christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm losing 2 lbs per week and just had grilled cheese. It was delicious. But I forgot to add bacon =(
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Carbs... but then again, if you are properly hydrated your body will release excess water. Carbs I believe do draw more water into the muscles making them appear fuller.

Gotcha, I always go over my carbs. ALWAYS. and I think im either carrying a lot of water weight or bloat, but i also drink 8-10 cups of water a day so idk what it is. Need to cut down on carbs. I'm already over today (but today was not a typical day)
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

Gotcha, I always go over my carbs. ALWAYS. and I think im either carrying a lot of water weight or bloat, but i also drink 8-10 cups of water a day so idk what it is. Need to cut down on carbs. I'm already over today (but today was not a typical day)

Carbs? I was of a mind that it was generally foods high in sodium that caused water retention. Cut back on the sodium and that could help with the bloat. Believe me I'm a sodium maniac (instant soup is my vice, so hard to break the habit of eating it so often!)...blah!

haha :smile:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Also, I use Extra Lean Ground Beef (90/10) for my chili instead of Ground Turkey, is that bad?

I know Ground Turkey is healthier because it's lower in fat, but I don't like the taste.

I've been seeing a lot of 'lean meat' being tossed around as if it is beneficial. It is not, as animal fat is good for you. If it makes you go over your fat macro though, that would be a reason to choose leaner cuts.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Also the most important rule around belly fat and abs when it comes to MFP:

Unless the poster is very well known in the fitness community, don't take any ones advice on lower body fat or abs that:

- Doesn't actually have lower body fat percentage or abs themselves

- Is 25 or under (sorry girls and guys..when you hit 26 your body is gonna do some F'd up things to you and not play by the same rules as it has been for the start of your life.) It's not that you didn't earn it, its just different....trust me....you'll see what I'm talking about.

- Has a profile pic of an animal (ie cat, dog, horse, 4 legged creature, parrot?)

Sorry all you 275 lb nutritionist, nurses, and personal trainers, even if you are correct in what you are saying I will still never listen to your advice on subjects like this.

Very strange way to choose who to take advice from. :huh: