24 hour water fast/detox... Yes?

Options

Replies

• _Tay_
    _Tay_ Posts: 95
    Options
    I like to wink.. Not trying to gain from it.. It's how I type. It's what I do. ;)
    Your sarcastic remark basically pointing fingers that since it came from Google.. I think it must be true. At least, that's what it looked like. I don't really see your point in making the sarcastic remark otherwise.. As I already stated I do not trust internet sources.
    Nope. Directed at the fact that so many people DO think its all correct. Sorry, thought that sarcasm would be obviously not directed at you since you have said multiple times that you personally don't believe that. Guess it wasn't obvious to you.
    And I already know my body cleanses naturally.. My body also naturally loses and gains weight. That doesn't mean I can't simply post a topic asking for advice or perspectives on water cleansing.
    You've been given the factual answer many times already. Don't see the point in asking opinion, particularly when you "already know" your body cleanses naturally. What else could do more than your body can't? Nothing, which, again, has been said multiple times.
    I'm sorry you think this thread is stupid. I have been kind .. Been upfront and honest. It's mostly ignorant commenters that make it stupid... We'll to me anyways. <<opinion ;)
    Sorry, but continuing to ask for opinion and ignoring the facts presented to you makes you look like a typical MFP forum troll, not a 'nice girl'. If that's not your intention, fine, but its what it looks like to me and obviously several other ppl or you wouldn't be getting those comments.

With respect: I wasn't searching for facts .. Just perspectives. Because no one can give me a fact here on this topic. That would be believing a forum post.. Foolish.

So no, I have not received any facts from anyone.. Nor will I. At least, not credible ones. Again, I'm on a forum.

I have however received tons of perspectives for which I'm grateful for. And I am not asking for more opinions.. Nor am I ignoring ones given to me. (Notice all my thank you's and "I'll look into that" to commenters? Or are you just focusing on what you choose?

In my OPINION I have received more than enough feedback on this topic. Not 'trolling' for more.

Thanks!

You have received facts from credible sources. You are calling them perspective and opinion simply because its delivered via a forum. THAT is 'just focusing on what you choose'.

I think she is calling them opinion as they do not line up with hers. Confirmation bias at it's best.

On a forum site.. Yes all of what I read shouldn't be taken too seriously and made into a fact. I would have to do a lot of research. And as for MY opinion?

Beginning -- I was skeptical and looking for perspectives on the cleanse.

I don't have a set opinion. . . Hence why I posted a topic
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I like to wink.. Not trying to gain from it.. It's how I type. It's what I do. ;)
    Your sarcastic remark basically pointing fingers that since it came from Google.. I think it must be true. At least, that's what it looked like. I don't really see your point in making the sarcastic remark otherwise.. As I already stated I do not trust internet sources.
    Nope. Directed at the fact that so many people DO think its all correct. Sorry, thought that sarcasm would be obviously not directed at you since you have said multiple times that you personally don't believe that. Guess it wasn't obvious to you.
    And I already know my body cleanses naturally.. My body also naturally loses and gains weight. That doesn't mean I can't simply post a topic asking for advice or perspectives on water cleansing.
    You've been given the factual answer many times already. Don't see the point in asking opinion, particularly when you "already know" your body cleanses naturally. What else could do more than your body can't? Nothing, which, again, has been said multiple times.
    I'm sorry you think this thread is stupid. I have been kind .. Been upfront and honest. It's mostly ignorant commenters that make it stupid... We'll to me anyways. <<opinion ;)
    Sorry, but continuing to ask for opinion and ignoring the facts presented to you makes you look like a typical MFP forum troll, not a 'nice girl'. If that's not your intention, fine, but its what it looks like to me and obviously several other ppl or you wouldn't be getting those comments.

With respect: I wasn't searching for facts .. Just perspectives. Because no one can give me a fact here on this topic. That would be believing a forum post.. Foolish.

So no, I have not received any facts from anyone.. Nor will I. At least, not credible ones. Again, I'm on a forum.

I have however received tons of perspectives for which I'm grateful for. And I am not asking for more opinions.. Nor am I ignoring ones given to me. (Notice all my thank you's and "I'll look into that" to commenters? Or are you just focusing on what you choose?

In my OPINION I have received more than enough feedback on this topic. Not 'trolling' for more.

Thanks!

You have received facts from credible sources. You are calling them perspective and opinion simply because its delivered via a forum. THAT is 'just focusing on what you choose'.

I think she is calling them opinion as they do not line up with hers. Confirmation bias at it's best.

On a forum site.. Yes all of what I read shouldn't be taken too seriously and made into a fact. I would have to do a lot of research. And as for MY opinion?

Beginning -- I was skeptical and looking for perspectives on the cleanse.

I don't have a set opinion. . . Hence why I posted a topic

People posting things not supported by anything, yes, I agree. However, people have posted support to their claims. Obviously they only suit you when you think they support what you believe.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You said this:
    I have not received any facts from anyone.. Nor will I. At least, not credible ones.

Then you said this:
    I don't know anyone personally nor do I know if anything anyone says is factual.

This is a contradiction. You did not receive facts, but you do not know if what anyone said is a fact.

So what is your point? A grammatical error?

Is is just safe to leave it as this : I won't take ones post to heart.. And base it as a fact. But I will take several perspectives and make a decision for myself as a result?

I don't see any wrong in asking for opinions. Both for and against the cleanse. But I won't take anyone's post as a factual statement. Just being honest

But we can all tell that you aren't doing that. You made your decision before you even posted the thread, and once you got a different perspective than what you were doing, you told people that their facts aren't facts, and argued with them about it. It really was a pointless thread.
  • _Tay_
    Options

Thanks!

Everything she says is a contradiction to back pedal from where she was previously wrong. Oh I didn't say that, oh wait I did say that, but you didn't quote the whole thing so it means something different. Oh I missread you again, so that means you missread me aswell. Oh I give opinions so what you say is an opinion.

Actually I am saying the same basic thing over and over again. I was looking for others take on the cleanse. Don't be offended if I take what you say as advice.. And not a fact. Because I see it as friendly advice.

I think I have been quite kind in all of this and honestly I don't see why all the hate. I asked a question. A simple yes or no and why would have sufficed
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    You said this:
    I have not received any facts from anyone.. Nor will I. At least, not credible ones.

Then you said this:
    I don't know anyone personally nor do I know if anything anyone says is factual.

This is a contradiction. You did not receive facts, but you do not know if what anyone said is a fact.

Is is just safe to leave it as this : I won't take ones post to heart.. And base it as a fact. But I will take several perspectives and make a decision for myself as a result?

I don't see any wrong in asking for opinions. Both for and against the cleanse. But I won't take anyone's post as a factual statement. Just being honest

How on earth did you read that as being a comment on your grammar?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    NO
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Happy now?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    So, a few quick questions for you OP...

Now that 5 hours have passed since you originally inquired about a water fast/detox, have you eaten anything yet today? Why or why not?

I was wondering the same thing.

There is zero chance she will give up the idea of the detox.

I can't help but think this mess of a thread is her way of distracting herself from hunger.
  • _Tay_
    Options
    You said this:

Then you said this:

But we can all tell that you aren't doing that. You made your decision before you even posted the thread, and once you got a different perspective than what you were doing, you told people that there facts aren't facts, and argued with them about it. It really was a pointless thread.

I only started the fact/opinion quarrel when someone questioned me about it first.

I didn't post the topic to look for facts. As I stated.
    I posted a friendly topic.. And don't sway one way or the other. Curiosity is all I had.. Now I am leaving this topic with lots of opinions on the matter. Success I would say!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • _Tay_
    Options

Now that 5 hours have passed since you originally inquired about a water fast/detox, have you eaten anything yet today? Why or why not?

I can't help but think this mess of a thread is her way of distracting herself from hunger.

Haha :)

I've eaten a healthy portion of sweet potato and broccoli for lunch. Don't you worry.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    You said this:

Then you said this:

But we can all tell that you aren't doing that. You made your decision before you even posted the thread, and once you got a different perspective than what you were doing, you told people that there facts aren't facts, and argued with them about it. It really was a pointless thread.

I only started the fact/opinion quarrel when someone questioned me about it first.

I posted a friendly topic.. And don't sway one way or the other. Curiosity is all I had.. Now I am leaving this topic with lots of opinions on the matter. Success I would say!

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

But that is just my opinion.
  • _Tay_
    Options
    You said this:

Then you said this:

I think this is a Good place to be done now. Thanks for your opinions .. Truly.
    Expressing thoughts and feelings this way is hard. Often misread.

I did decide to not even do the cleanse.. Thanks to everyone's outlook on it as a whole.

Thank you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    dble post...slow internet.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    You said this:

Then you said this:

I think this is a Good place to be done now. Thanks for your opinions .. Truly.
    Expressing thoughts and feelings this way is hard. Often misread.

I did decide to not even do the cleanse.. Thanks to everyone's outlook on it as a whole.

Thank you!

Yes, I agree that it's a good thing that you have decided to stop posting.

As I already said, good luck on your gurney!
  • _Tay_
    Options
    Thanks! Hopefully it's a successful journey at that!

;)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I've eaten a healthy portion of sweet potato and broccoli for lunch. Don't you worry.

h3C27B355
  • _Tay_
    Options

h3C27B355

Lol! Cute :)
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that was fun, but I sort of feel like I just banged my head against the wall 100 times.

So here's what I learned (some of this will be based on facts and some on opinions, you pick and choose as you deem fit, but I will point out the facts just in case it is not clear which is which):

Fasting for cleanse or detox reasons - nope, body does that naturally, so no need.
    Fasting for 24 because you want to - probably not a problem if you can stand to be hungry for 24 hours (uhmmm no thank you) and many people do it for religious or spiritual reasons or just because they want to, but they understand it is not a cleansing or detoxing and they like it, whether it has benefits for losing weight or not. Although there is research out there that shows there may be some benefits, it is still too early to state as fact. See IF for more information.

More stuff I learned. There are many posters on here, Sidesteel and Sarauk2sf are 2 that come to mind right away, although I know there are many more, that ACTUALLY really know their stuff (that's a fact by the way, not an opinion) and if they are telling you something, you can bet they not only have done the research, but that they have research to back it up and you may as well just believe them (however, that is still a choice). You have the choice to follow them or not, but they are right (that is a fact also, not an opinion).
  • _Tay_
    Options
    Holy crap that was fun, but I sort of feel like I just banged my head against the wall 100 times.

So here's what I learned (some of this will be based on facts and some on opinions, you pick and choose as you deem fit, but I will point out the facts just in case it is not clear which is which):

Fasting for cleanse or detox reasons - nope, body does that naturally, so no need.
    Fasting for 24 because you want to - probably not a problem if you can stand to be hungry for 24 hours (uhmmm no thank you) and many people do it for religious or spiritual reasons or just because they want to, but they understand it is not a cleansing or detoxing and they like it, whether it has benefits for losing weight or not. Although there is research out there that shows there may be some benefits, it is still too early to state as fact. See IF for more information.

More stuff I learned. There are many posters on here, Sidesteel and Sarauk2sf are 2 that come to mind right away, although I know there are many more, that ACTUALLY really know their stuff (that's a fact by the way, not an opinion) and if they are telling you something, you can bet they not only have done the research, but that they have research to back it up and you may as well just believe them (however, that is still a choice). You have the choice to follow them or not, but they are right (that is a fact also, not an opinion).

Love this! Thank you for posting on my topic so kindly.

There are several people who posted that do sound like they know their stuff! I sure am no expert on nutrition.. So I wouldn't know whether to take what they say as factual. However it is so very much appreciated!!! And I am taking every bit of advice to mind..

Thank you!