God Forbid we eat fast food

Options
Okay I know we all try to avoid fast food, but the reality of it is, sometimes its unavoidable. In my opinion starving yourself until you get home is worse than grabbing a takeout meal. So my question to you: If you just absolutely have to eat fast food, where do you go and what do you order?

For me I stick to three places: Wendy's, Chick-fil-A, or Subway. At Wendy's I normally get a half salad and if its cold out I will get a small chili and a side salad. Chick-fil-A is a normally the chicken noodle soup and a side salad or fruit. Subway is a veggie sub on wheat with the fat free sweet onion sauce. All ring in at under 400 cal per meal.

I didn't have time to pack my lunch today so I was forced to go to a drive thru. I figured this would be a good post to help some people out who are stuck in a bind and have to settle for fast food.

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food once a week because I love the stuff. Yes, I know it's terrible for me, and yes, I know it's full of salt and sugar and crap, but whatever. It's once a week. I only eat dinner anyway, so I can usually just eat whatever I want from anywhere. Wendy's is definitely a favourite though, because it's delicious.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Those quick drive thru trips add up, save your money and pack a healthy lunch AT NIGHT.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I don't have anything prepared, I'm out and about and have nothing with me, or I'm just plain too lazy to cook anything, I might go to McDonalds and get a side salad and a couple of grilled chicken patties (just the chicken, no bread). Or maybe the same thing at Wendys.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Wendy's is my favorite place for healthier fast food options. Their salads are REALLY good, plus they have good sides like the chili or baked potato. A lot of options that are really tasty and pretty low in cals.

That being said, I honestly have no issues with fast food. My dinner last night was a quarter pounder and fries. I have never had trouble losing weight and staying healthy as long as I eat a reasonable amount of calories and stay active. So I agree with you, nothing wrong with grabbing fast food if it's the easiest option for you.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-a is the only option.

Everything else is gross and will eventually give you cancer.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

my thoughts exactly!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a crunch and need a quick fill to last me until i get home - I get a juice smoothie. Most of them, from most places are less than 200 or 250 calories and full of healthy yumminess.

For example:

http://boosterjuice.com/index.php/products/menu

Ginger Hammer 480 mL
    Calories 210 (kcal)
    Fat 1.1 (g)
    Saturated Fat 0.2 (g)
    Trans Fat 0 (g)
    Cholesterol 0 (mg)
    Carbohydrates 51 (g)
    Fibres 11 (g)
    Sugar 28 (g)
    Protein 4 (g)
    Vitamin A 748% %DV
    Vitamin C 55% %DV
    Thiamine 23% %DV
    Riboflavin 13% %DV
    Niacin 7% %DV
    Vitamin B6 39% %DV
    Vitamin B12 0% %DV
    Folate 6% %DV
    Vitamin K 4% %DV
    Pantothenic Acid 0% %DV
    Vitamin D 0% %DV
    Vitamin E 0% %DV
    Sodium 4 (mg)
    Calcium 7% %DV
    Iron 11% %DV
    Copper 10% %DV
    Magnesium 23% %DV
    Phosphorus 13% %DV
    Potassium 4% %DV
    Zinc 8% %DV
    Caffeine 0 (mg)
    Glycemic Index 39 (GI)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I screwed then...we don't have a chick-fil-a...I don't even know what it is...
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    that isn't fast food. If you order sandwiches and french fries that is a lot different.

Most subway sandwiches are fine.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Chipotle, because it's tasty as hell!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have a takeaway when I really want one...or a glass of wine,,,,or two! I just work them into my calorie allowance. I don't believe in cutting out the things I enjoy entirely. Otherwise, I'd go mad!
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Oh please. What a ridiculous statement. I know people who eat perfectly and still get cancer.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    We don't really buy what you called fast food from a take out place. We make it ourselves. I keep a snack in the glove box of my car so I am never caught short.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have a takeaway when I really want one...or a glass of wine,,,,or two! I just work them into my calorie allowance. I don't believe in cutting out the things I enjoy entirely. Otherwise, I'd go mad!

I agree ... everything in moderation
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I've found that I can always find something anywhere to fit my calorie budget. Literally anywhere. Carls Jr has a pretty good turkey burger, the grilled chicken sandwich at McDs is yummy, Wendy's is a frigging gold mine of options. My favorite is Del Taco though. The food is yummy and I can have a huge range of tasty and calorie friendly choices.
  • desaree01
    desaree01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Killing myself laughing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    If I'm using up calories on food, it better be delicious. And fast food is NOT delicious. Blech.
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Friday nights are the time my partner and I drink and get a takeaway (usually a curry). I need a time of the week to let go and enjoy myself. Why not treat yourself if you have a healthy lifestyle generally!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A
    In-N-Out Burger :love:
    Subway
    El Pollo Loco (love the chicken burrito - beans, rice, chicken and cheese)
    Chipotle
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Those quick drive thru trips add up, save your money and pack a healthy lunch AT NIGHT.

That's my issue, $$. I can make myself a balanced lunch at home (roughly $1.50-$2) MUCH cheaper than I can get a balanced meal at a fast food place. I :heart: fast food, and never have an issue fitting it in calorie-wise, it's just the $$ that gets prohibitive, especially when I'm a week from payday and have $10 to my name :laugh: