God Forbid we eat fast food

Options

Replies

• babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid it. But it's not like I eat fast food often. Today I will be going to Chipotle though. Nom nom nom.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-a is the only option.

Everything else is gross and will eventually give you cancer.

Oh please. What a ridiculous statement. I know people who eat perfectly and still get cancer.

You read it wrong man. Chick-fil-a is so awesome it prevents cancer.

Chuck Norris's tears could cure cancer. Too bad he never cries.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I enjoy eating out so I do 3-4 times a week :cry:

Giggity. :laugh:

Yeah, fixed that :laugh: That's what happens when I try and type and eat at the same time lol.
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    I don't try to avoid fast food. If I want fast food, I'll have it, whether I want it or whether it's just something for convenience because I haven't ate all day/I'm tired etc. I try not to make fast food too much of a habit but if I really want one, I won't tell myself no (unless I've already eaten a decent amount that day and I'm just feeling a bit greedy). For me, it's just about exercising moderation - if I try to deprive myself of something, I'm more likely to fall off the wagon, whereas if I don't restrict anything but just moderate how much I consume, I can cope and that's what keeps me going.

Sometimes I'll go for lighter options, smaller portions, diet soda, no sauces, sometimes I'll go all out, just depends how I'm feeling that day really. Sometimes I will be concious of calories and macros, sometimes I'll just think "to hell with it".

Fast food isn't the devil. Eating too much of it is bad, yes. But eating too much of ANYTHING will be bad for you. If you can control yourself and limit how much of it you eat, you can still be healthy and lose weight.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Okay I know we all try to avoid fast food

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, this guy NEVER eats fast food lol :wink:
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If I have to do fast food, I do subway veggie, KFC two leg meal with corn and cole slaw or McDonald's cheddar and onion burger with fries or in the summer time instead of fries I get the vanilla cone. As long as you work it in your calories count , it will be fine.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    It's not the devil, but I do try to avoid it. If I have to, it's Subway. I haven't eaten a lot of other fast food places in awhile and the grease makes me sick now. But if I have to do something else it's usually a chicken salad and most of the places have them now (Wedny's, McDonalds, etc)

Edit to add that I would sell an organ for mashed potatoes (so KFC) from anywhere.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I had fast food just this morning, not because it was "unavoidable" but because I was there and it sounded good.

I tend to buy the kids' or junior sizes of things, omit unnecessary items (for instance, this morning I asked them to leave the tater tots out of my otherwise delicious breakfast burrito), and generally just... don't go insane just because I'm at a drive-thru. Usually I'll narrow my wants down to two or three items, then pull up MFP while I'm waiting to order and look them up to decide which fits best into my day. Your method might end up being totally different, though -- maybe you'll find a fast food meal is really satiating and so decide to have a full-size meal and skip dinner, or whatever. Just don't turn it into a big honking deal, make reasonable choices, and you'll be fine.

ETA to actually answer the question: I usually go to Subway, McDonald's, or local places. This morning it was Sonic (junior breakfast burrito with bacon, eggs, cheese, green chili, no tots) but that was an anomaly. At McDonald's I usually get a 4-piece nugget and small fry (420kcals) or a McDouble (390kcals) for lunch, a fruit parfait and/or egg white thing for breakfast (150-400kcals). At Subway I get a mini sub on wheat with avocado, lots of olives, onions, spinach, tomato (around 235kcals, 290 if I add turkey). I get breakfast burritos from a local truck; I have eggs, cheese, green chili, bacon, and potatoes in those and give no ****s about the calories because they're delicious -- the MFP entry I use that seems closest puts them around 600kcals, so I have them rarely but with huge enjoyment. At Burger King I'll have a cheeseburger with lightly applied Stacker sauce (300kcals) or a honey mustard chicken wrap (330kcals) or a value fries and side salad with no dressing (410kcals).

I mean, I could go on and on, but we all make different choices and have different processes for making those choices.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Surely, you jest?
  • desaree01
    desaree01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Checkers FRIES

The only fast food I've had in months and sooo WORTH IT!!

I must agree!! YUM
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid it because it's bad for me. I avoid it because it's gross.

This.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

You NEED to try Quest bars!!! I'm obsessed!!!

Allergic to whey protein :sad:

I eat McD's for breakfast at least once a week and Chick Fil A for supper after my workouts on mondays and wednesdays (mmmm chicken tortilla souppppp), I also eat me some Subway and I've found Hardee's chicken tenders aren't that horrible for you. OH I also eat regular crunchy tacos, cheesy nachos and fresca bean burritos from Taco Bell weekly. Losing weight is fun! :drinker:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    KFC is pretty good with their grilled chicken, but the sodium is ridiculous no matter what restaurant you choose. At least, Wendy's chili is really high in potassium.
  • desaree01
    desaree01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Oh please. What a ridiculous statement. I know people who eat perfectly and still get cancer.

Chuck Norris's tears could cure cancer. Too bad he never cries.

OMG I can't stop laughing
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

This.

You guys are having the wrong fast food. You can't really think all fast food is gross?
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

This.

Preach!
    other_preach_gif.gif
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Oh, ha! :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    MFP is full of people who used to love fast food, then convinced themselves it's "gross" while they lose weight.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I don't try to avoid fast food. I work next to a Subway and a Tim Hortons and often go to both daily. McDonalds maybe once a week (ours have poutine right now and it's too good to pass up:bigsmile: ) or oftener. But I make sure it fits into my calorie and macro/micro goals. It certainly hasn't affected my weight loss and incorporating foods I enjoy and that are convenient to my lifestyle keeps me on track.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yes, heaven help the heathens who have fast food! LOL

Like you said, sometimes you just gotta. Chik-Fil-A has grilled chicken nuggets. I get the 6 piece kids meal with an up-sized diet dr. pepper and the fruit cup. Sometimes I'll get the grilled chicken sandwich, cut it in half, and put all the chicken on 1/2 the bun.

If we go to McDonalds - kids chicken nugget meal or cheeseburger meal - again with the cheeseburger, cut it in half, and put all the meat on 1/2 the bun - makes for 1/2 a double cheeseburger (for easy counting).

You're doing well at Wendy's.

At Steak-n-shake, I get the turkey club. I'll sometimes get it with the apple slices or a side salad.

Arby's has a turkey-n-cheddar sandwich for a kids meal - comes with apple slices and a bottle of water. I'll do the cut-in-half thing sometimes with this too.

I try to use the theology that grilled is better than fried (like grilled chicken is better than fried chicken - for food journal purposes anyway). Baked is better than fried (baked potato is better than French fries), but salads or green beans or some sort of vegetable is better than starchy veggies or bread. There are just some things you know (but hate to admit) are wiser choices than others.