25 TO LIFE month to cont'd

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
(I know it sounds like a jail sentence)
But that's what I've felt like. Like I have been trapped under this 25+ pounds and am ready to GET OUT!
And then there's the other meaning...
25 to LIFE! Getting my life back!

Okay, new thread since we're on page 8!
Hope everyone's doing well! Keep up the good work!
Jennifer

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    (I know it sounds like a jail sentence)
    But that's what I've felt like. Like I have been trapped under this 25+ pounds and am ready to GET OUT!
    And then there's the other meaning...
    25 to LIFE! Getting my life back!

Okay, new thread since we're on page 8!
    Hope everyone's doing well! Keep up the good work!
    Jennifer
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi i haven't been on to any of your other posts, but is it still possible for me to join in!
  • Julie1984
    Julie1984 Posts: 33
    Options
    So, a funny thing happened. I've been stuck around 180-181 for the past two weeks in spite of being fairly strict with myself in terms of food and exercise. Well, yesterday I was feeling really lazy. I skipped my workout, and just kind of ate whatever I felt like. Grilled cheese and ramen for lunch, a McDonalds quarter pounder and hot fudge sundae for dinner. I was still only a few hundred calories over, but I certainly wasn't expecting to step on the scale this morning and see a half pound loss- yet that's exactly what happened. I'm finally in the 170's, but what the hell? I doubt it was water loss, considering I went way over on sodium yesterday. Apparently my body needs McDonalds in order to break a plateau, lol.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group wagsgirls! Everyone that i know of in this group has really benefited from the support that it provides! Welcome to the circle...keep us updated on how you feel, if you are having a bad day, or what your goals are. We check in with each other and that makes the road a little less bumpy. Shalom!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome WagsGirls!

Julie - I've had the same thing happen! There was actually some reasearch out a while ago saying a splurge now and then was good for the metabolism? Though, take that with a grain of salt!

It feels good to cheat now and again - and it's even nicer when it helps! haha Gratz!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Same thing happened to me... TWICE! I plateaued for 2 weeks, then went to a party, then the next weigh in I lost (and this happened twice when I plateaued.)
    I went to the dr's this morning and got on his scale. It said I was 172. Ugh, I don't like dr's scales! I'm stickin' with my scale. But he looked back into his files, and I was 192 over 4 months ago, which only gives me a 20 pound loss which really pisses me off! Here I am telling everyone I lost 25, and now I know that I've only lost 20?! (well, I might have gained some since I lost saw him?)

Back to plateauing... I'm stuck. Hit a wall. Don't know what else to do? I don't want to be overly crazy with paying attention to my calories or work out like a lunatic to get over this hill I'm on, but I guess I have to do what I have to do...
    go to Mc Donald's!
    hahaha j.k.!

Having shrimp and pasta tonight, and perhaps take it to eat on our beach at our lake (the towns, not mine personally hehe) and let the kids play in the sand (since it's 80 here and sooooo beautiful)!!

Welcome Wags! Anytime is a great time to join our little circle of friends!
    (we should call Ellen when we lose all our weight and she could fly us to CA and we can meet for the first time and show the world how much weight we all lost! hahaha!)

Jennifer
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    HAHA!! I love Ellen! I can see it now... "My next group of guests are part of an online weight loss site. They supported each other throughout their weight loss ups and downs and they will all be meeting in person the first time today...a combined weight loss of 999 lbs! Bring out the hotties!" haah, or something like that.
  • kerridwen
    Options
    That is hilarious!! :laugh:

55 cal over today! I just got my college acceptance (woot!) so I celebrated a bit. :laugh:

I might go for another walk so I can splurge a little more?
  • jenbar
    Options
    HAHA!! I love Ellen! I can see it now... "My next group of guests are part of an online weight loss site. They supported each other throughout their weight loss ups and downs and they will all be meeting in person the first time today...a combined weight loss of 999 lbs! Bring out the hotties!" haah, or something like that.

Are you sure you're not in the tv business?
    or....
    you watch way too much tv!!
    hahaha!

I didn't get in any exercise today. This week is looking bleak! Maybe I can pawn my kid off on someone tomorrow so I can do something cardio.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    YAY KERRI! CONGRATS!

I would so love to meet you gals on ellen! I bet they would even give us makeovers! As long as they dont cut my dreads id be ecstatic! HAH what a fun thought.

Im getting an exercise ball to use as a desk chair at work. My belly is my nemesis right now, and so using that instead of a chair will at least engage my core muscles all day (and hopefully up my metabolism to get some extra calories off!)

<3 Time to figure out whats for dinner
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    thanks for welcoming me! i need all of the support i can get. i was doing really good for my first 2 weeks here, but now i feel the need to eat again. i don't know if it is because of coming off the weekend(they are so hard with a family) or if it is just that time of month. i don't own a scale though is that a problem? i know that the last time i weighed myself about a week ago i was at 183, which was 2lbs. less then when i started. i am also measuring and i have lost 2 in. so far so that puts me at 41". i honestly don't have an exact goal weight ( i will admit 140, 130 would be nice) my main goal is just to get to where i am comfortable with myself. you know, so that i can can get dressed and not have to suck in my gut so that my belly doesn't bulge over top of my jeans!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Wagsgirls - No worries, do what you can! We generally try to do weight ins on Mondays, giver or take, but I don't see why inches can't count.

sparkles - thanks! No way, I have wanted dreads forever! Alas, my jobs have always prevented me.
  • kerridwen
    Options
    OK I caved and had a snack! Closer to -150 over!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Hey! We got a new string huh?!? Bare with me.....this is going to be a long post!!

Ok...I am frustrated. Sports are starting up and I have 3 kids each in at least one sport...2 are in 2. I still have a kindergartner at home 2 1/2 days a week and so my exercise program has dropped seriously over the past 2 weeks. I have gone from running 6 days a week to running 3 days a week at best. Part of the problem is that I used to get up and run on our treadmill early or even in the middle of the day on days my youngest is home. But our treadmill broke 5 weeks ago and I can't always get outside to run with having a little one at home and now my time is being sucked dry by the kids' sports. My husband and I have looked at new treadmills but we can't come to an agreement on what to buy.

A service technician (someone who has no gain out of telling me what to purchase) told my husband and I that we aren't the average runners (my husband is a triathlete and runs 4 days a week for 8-10 miles each time at 10 MPH) and I USED to run 5 miles 6 days a week ( my speed is only 6.5). Well, according to this guy we should be looking at a treadmill that is around $2500 -$3500. He recommended that we look at the professional models...Landice, Bodyguard etc. My husband still wants to buy one from d i c k s sporting goods store. He would rather spend $1200 knowing that it will only last about 3 years. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLE 80 TREADMILL? THAT'S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING AT..

Meanwhile...although I haven't gained I feel so lazy and upset. I am so addicted to running and I am just getting frustrated. UGH!!!!! If anyone has a Sole treadmill please let me know what you think. I am about to give in and just go write a check for it so I can get one in here but I am hesitant based on what the service technician told me.
  • jenbar
    Options
    my main goal is just to get to where i am comfortable with myself. you know, so that i can can get dressed and not have to suck in my gut so that my belly doesn't bulge over top of my jeans!

hahaha! I know the feeling and I'm SO TIRED OF IT!!!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Buckeye, I'm in the same boat with kids.
    I have preschooler also and usually do workouts on M W F's when he's at school. I haven't done my M, W, F religiously in about 3 weeks, something always comes up. I feel guilty when I don't get them in.
    This week, I had a 3 hour window for the dishwasher guy on Monday, a gyno appt. yesterday, but hopefully tomorrow I'll get something in. On Tuesday, he went over someones house and I was able to walk 3 times around our lake, and I got in about 40 minutes on Monday after the dishwasher guy left. My older son has baseball practice tonight at the park, so I think I'll put my sneaks on and walk around the park while he practices.
    I wish I had the room for a treadmill in my house. I just said to my husband that I wanted one and he refuses to buy one b/c I have a now broken and useless recumbent bike in my basement that I used about 8 times and had since 2005. He says I waste money on exercise stuff, (i.e. gym memberships, bike, etc. and won't do it again.) I would love to sell it, but who wants a bike with no tension? I was hoping an older person who just needs movement would buy it but I've gotten no bites on it. (I spent $499 on it and it kills me that I can't fix it)
    I know I've changed, and the treadmill would be an asset, but until I can really prove it to my husband, I know I don't see one in my future. I guess another 20 pounds my better my chances!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Buckeye - my roommate/landlord were triatheletes (my landlord won Ironman! Crazy). They both had trouble getting treadmills and explained to me it was b/c of the amount of use and speed (Apparently regular treadmills max out before professional ones?). She had stopped trying to buy them because she killed them so fast and couldn't run at her top speed. Hope this helps!

It's so hard to convince people you've changed, even a little! jbaranello - have you thought about posting the bike on kijiji? You might find a taker!

Also - I hit 180 today!!! Woot! That's 10 lb gone. Finally! :happy:
  • Julie1984
    Julie1984 Posts: 33
    Options
    Kerri- congrats on your 10 lb loss and acceptance letter! That's great news. :smile:

Since my McDonalds splurge the other day was such a success, I decided to really go for the gold and had a big ice cream cone yesterday. Actually, it was frozen custard... I have no idea if that's better or worse than regular ice cream, but it was good. I'm not really feeling guilty about it since I did a lot of exercising yesterday anyway. Riding the bike no longer makes my butt sore like it did at first, so that's a plus. Back on the healthy eating wagon today... I really hope the plateau is officially over, that was frustrating. I measured and found out that I lost a bit from my waist and hips though, so I guess I've been doing something right anyway.
  • kerridwen
    Options
    . Back on the healthy eating wagon today... I really hope the plateau is officially over, that was frustrating. I measured and found out that I lost a bit from my waist and hips though, so I guess I've been doing something right anyway.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Don't worry!! Muscle weighs more than fat, so as long as the inches keep going downwards in most places and you're seeing tone improvement, you're still going somewhere good! Muscle also metabolizes more fat so the more muscle, the less fat! Slow change, but a very nice long term one!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Within 19 calories of my total tonight!